Remember me?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Barra333, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Hi guys! Hopefully there are few of you still here that remember me!
    I randomly got an email alert for a post in the GTAV thread, so I thought I would drop in and say hi and let some of you know what I've been up to.
    Lets see... for the job I had in the Netherlands (3 years from June 2013), I managed to visit China, Barbados, Canary Islands, Austria, Germany, Florida, Antigua, St Maarten and Cape Verde. And cross the Atlantic 3 times on a ship. I did some work too.
    I had some holidays around Europe, managing to take a ride in a 4 man bobsled, drive the autobahn (190kmh in a Clio), do a lap of the 'ring in a Clio sport, drive the Stelvio Pass (and the Furka Pass, which is far nicer, with less people), see the Matterhorn, see the tour de France, visit a bar in Brussels with 2000+ different beers, and a bunch of weekends in various cities.
    Life changed a little last December, when we had a kidlet - our daughter is now 7 months old and a heck of a lot of fun.
    Oh, and now I live in Toronto, Canada. Moved here about a month ago and am looking for a job now. I went to practice day for the IndyCar race here last weekend and managed to be in the right spot to see Montoya bin it in a big way.
    Also, for the first time in 3 years I own a car! A 2013 Nissan Sentra with only 30,000km on it. Not the most exciting car out there, but does the job and fits all of the baby crap in it.

Anyway, it is good to see the forum still going strong and I hope everyone is keeping well. I still miss the Sunday racing with you lot, but unfortunately there is no chance at getting involved from here.
    garyw61, Beau_Albert, Anon666 and 4 others like this.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hi mate, great to hear from you....i think you jumped online one night with us not long after you left and you were in london ? at that stage ????

Sounds like you have been keeping yourself busy, some pretty cool stuff too....Good luck in canada, am sure you will find your feet, seem to be doing ok with all your other stuff.

Things here are going pretty well. Different world now, with more options for driving games, so GT isnt the only option.

HOpe we see you online again at some stage mate, any chances of coming 'home' in the near future ?

Cheers stu
    Barra333 likes this.
  3. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Yeah, been pretty busy. Still feel really busy for an unemployed person at the moment too!?
    I would have been in the Netherlands when I jumped into the session or two with you, but without the weekly racing, GT6 didn't really hold my attention like GT5 did when I was still in Oz.
    I see that there are plenty of different games getting around the forum now, will be interesting to see what GT Sport does.
    I will need to get my PS3 back before there is any hope of getting online again - it is sitting in a storage locker right now, with no real chance of seeing the light until I get a job and we can move out of the in-laws house. Then I will be busy chasing the rugrat around the house...
    Assuming that things go well here (ie I get a job), there are no immediate plans to head back to Australia - moving house sucks, and moving internationally is something you don't wish on your worst enemy. I have now done it twice.
    Cheers,
    Barra
    stucar17 and JonoStan96 like this.
  4. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Hey Barra, great to hear from ya mate.

Great to see that life has dished up some fantastic adventures for you!

All the best for your new start in Canada.
    Barra333 and stucar17 like this.
  5. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Yep, certainly been some adventures. Going to be really good when things settle down here. Then we can think about road trips to explore this area.
    garyw61 and stucar17 like this.
  6. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Then you can get out and aboot, hey
    Barra333 likes this.
  7. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    No doot aboot it!