Season 4 - Division 3- Powered by TURTLE BEACH

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jun 20, 2016.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    hey guys...

Will be running a race distance tonight from about 9:15 (syd time) to check the room settings etc before i confirm in the driver briefing tomorrow.....anyone interested feel free to join..

Will be mainly testing the fuel burn, but looking at mine (1.61) if i average up to 1.65L per lap that should allow for a 36 lap race (59.4L total), changing down from 38.....given the fuel burn gets less as the weight comes off i will test tonight on 36 and see what people finish on.....Tires will be tight, but this could be the only strategy play in the season so perhaps people having to take a phase in the race to look after their tires could spice things up a little but will confirm after tonight.

At this stage the settings will be
    FUEL : slow
    TIRE WEAR : slow
    Date : 9/10/16
    1pm race start
    Track Temp : 35*
    Ambient Temp : 25*

Cheers stu
  2. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    I finished with 0.8 litres
  3. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Guys, i am adding @Mick to your division for the remaining rounds......please add him.
    His psn is mwkw1520

Driver Briefing - ROUND 5 - ROAD AMERICA

Tested last night and the following settings will be fine. I finished with 3.6 ltrs and my front left tire was the lowest on 65%. Temps were fine, so everyone should be able to get to the end comfortably.

LAPS - 36 (changed from 38)
    Weather Slots. 1 - cloudy 2. overcast 3. clear
    Weather
    progression - set to race
    TUNING OFF
    FUEL : slow
    TIRE WEAR : slow
    Date : 9/10/16
    1pm race start
    Track Temp : 35*
    Ambient Temp : 25*

[​IMG]
    This is a VERY FAST track so ALL drivers need to be aware that the draft changes your brake points. Into turns 1, 5 and 12 are the most likely where you will get a run in the draft, and a chance to attack other cars. Its also the biggest chance to stuff up someones night, so please use your heads here. In the test room last night it was easy to save fuel in the draft and as soon as i got in any battles i was losing 1.5 - 2 secs per lap.......

TRACK LIMITS : As always the track limits are the edge of the ripple strips or white line. The only real issues could be at TURNS 1 and 3, where there is run off to the left, HOWEVER the track is very bumpy and seemed to have more of a negative effect on lap speed. TURNS 12 and 13.....again on the exit there is some run off room, but the bumpiness of the ripple strips unsettles the car and tends to slow the exit speed. There is also time penalties there, be warned !
    That said, any driver constantly running off track in turns 1 and 2, 12 and 13 will receive a penalty if its determined they were gaining an advantage.

LAP 1 :
    This will the biggest chance for issues, as the run into turn 1 is fast and for cars back from about 2nd, is largely blind. PLEASE TAKE CARE THROUGH HERE SO EVERYONE CAN GET TO TURN 5 IN ONE PIECE. This will set up the best chance for a cracking race as the draft certainly gives everyone a chance to stay in a pack.

Good luck, please redress any issues on track. ;)

Stu
    Kart-No-1, dj2ca and garyw61 like this.
  4. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    @garyw61 can you please add
    @Mick psn mwkw1520
    and
    @Half-Byte to the div 3 grid ? (not sure of PSN at this stage)
  5. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    @Half-Byte here are the regs for this weekend.....car is stock mate, so cant make any changes, BUT you will need to make a small change in the settings and then save to all tracks so you have 60L of fuel the same as everyone
    Half-Byte likes this.
  6. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Is everybody happy to can the 5 minute warmup after qualifying? I don't think it's necessary anymore, but I understand if people like it to grab a drink, empty their bladder etc. Unless there is consensus to keep it, I will take it out.
    Anthony likes this.
  7. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Yeah I'm cool with that, seems like a waste of time to me.
  8. agolfer78

agolfer78 Team Driver Gold Member

Im out for tonight folks. Havnt had a chance to get on lately, looking to return next week. Good luck all.
  9. freddyp_33

freddyp_33 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    freddyp_33
    Doesn't worry me if you take it out Gary. Perhaps keep it for just this round, considering it's going to be a longer race than usual. I won't mention any names but some people have the bladder size of an egg cup and they would probably appreciate it!
    Kart-No-1 likes this.
  10. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Thats me. Need to empty the bladder before a long race:D
  11. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I will leave it in.
  12. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    I'm out tonight as well guys.
  13. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    5 min break is good sometimes quali is a bit intense and its good to regather everything... Whilst on the toilet
    Kart-No-1 likes this.
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    when on the toilet, I try not to regather anything... can get a bit messy
    SuiCid3 and jasondull1986 like this.
  15. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Congrats anthony, well done mate, too good for me.

Cheers
    garyw61 and jasondull1986 like this.
  16. Anthony

Anthony Rookie

PSN ID
    AnthonyChaplin
    Thanks @Kart-No-1 That was crazy, good battle and really the close the whole time. I thought I was done for around lap 30 when I stuffed it at turn 8 and lost speed through the carousel but sometimes your lucky!
    garyw61 likes this.
  17. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Good race guys. Good win Anthony. Well done Kart and Jason too. Had lots of little battles with all of you, but especially Jason. Great fun.

One big mistake and a lots of little ones saw me fall behind unfortunately.
    jasondull1986 likes this.
  18. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Bit of a crappy race for me. Jumped the start by a millisecond and had to serve a drive through. That put me back to P9, then slowly worked my way back up to Freddy. We traded errors, gifting each other P5 a few times until the last when he had a big spin and I managed to finish in P5. My heart sank for you at that moment mate! I ran out of rubber on the front left with two laps to go, crossed the line with 48% left, how did everyone else's tyres go? Congrats to Anthony on the win, well done mate.
  19. Half-Byte

Half-Byte Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Half-Byte
    Thanks for the good first race guys. Reckon I could have kept up with the rear but having several spin outs my race was over early. Thanks again.
  20. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Next week matey. There's always next week.
    Half-Byte likes this.