Season 10 - Division 3- Powered by TURTLE BEACH

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 5, 2016.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I needed to get 2nd place or finish just one place behind knuckles to get clear in the points and cement the win in the championship.
    After lots of practice for this event and really concentrating on getting a good clean line through the dogleg I was feeling confident.
    A late Sunday afternoon practice run had me down to 1:13.4 and I was very happy with that as that was the pace I knew Knuckles had done although he may have done something quicker when I wasn't around. I even thought I might be able to give Knuckles a run for his money.
    Once in the room for the race however I couldn't initially get up to speed. Once qualifying came the best I could do was a 1:13.8 to grab third on the grid, worryingly I had Wolfy between me and Knucks on Pole so I knew I had to get ahead of Wolfy unless he actually beat knuckles.
    Knuckles and Wolfy both started on RM and my old sparring partner Moon was sitting right behind me in 4th and starting on SS the same as me (I knew the opening lap was going to be crucial).
    I got a good start and managed to round wolfy up before the run around the colosseum and get right onto Knuckles tail. He covered the right hand corner onto the back straight as I moved to the outside but I managed to cut across the back of him and get a slight overlap heading towards the dogleg. I eased off to give him and I room and I was able to get a good clean run through there.
    Knuckles moved to the right to cover the inside of the right handers and I was able to use my better grip to drive around the outside and take the lead into the left handers before the last turns.
    I then tried to open the gap but that was proving more difficult than I thought it would be because Knuckles was very fast on the SMs and I knew immediately that he would be taking the victory once we swapped tyres. My main objective then was to secure the second place. Moon and Knuckles were my adversaries for that position and I was able to slowly creep away from Moon over the first stint and held that to the end after our stops. Wolfy was a different proposition though. I didn't see much of him after the first five laps or so but was aware that he would be on SS at the end of the race while I would be on SM. After my stop he was about 5 or so seconds behind me and I started to sweat. There was still about 8 laps to go and I was watching him like a hawk. Fortunately for me my fresher SM tyres were as good as his worn SS and I held the gap to him and came home in the planned for 2nd place. I was as ecstatic with 2nd as Knuckles probably was for the win.
    I really love the old Ferrari and the choice of tracks really suited my style too. Sierra, RBR, Ascari and Rome were some of the most enjoyable races I've had.
    It looks like it is back to a racing car again for next season and I generally don't do well in the higher powered cars. I'll be doing as best I can though.
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  2. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I had to adjust my style a little with this car as well, I had to give up trail braking into the apex as the Ferrari would just push wide. I adapted my style to brake in a straighter line and let the brakes off well before the apex and let it roll into the corner and then gently feed the power in just before the apex and let it power slide just a little on corner exit.
    Easyprey007 and maximuscatticus like this.
  3. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Looking at the graph it looks to me as though that green Triangle is looming like a shark from the depths, luckily I will just make it onto the beach like a hapless seal before it consume me.:confused:
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
    Knuckles likes this.
  4. maximuscatticus

maximuscatticus Team Driver

PSN ID
    maximuscatticus
    Hopefully I get a chance to practice this idea this week
    emmo46 likes this.
  5. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    This car likes a gentle entry to the corner. Don't push it in, take your time.
  6. maximuscatticus

maximuscatticus Team Driver

PSN ID
    maximuscatticus
    I'm too busy trying to go fast to actually go fast......
    emmo46 and WOLFYDADDY007 like this.
  7. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    emmo46 and WOLFYDADDY007 like this.
  8. alovelycupoftea

alovelycupoftea Rookie

PSN ID
    alovelycupoftea
    Congratulations emmo! I'll have to turn up a bit more next season to try and win the division! Have fun in div 2 :)
    WOLFYDADDY007 likes this.
  9. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Yeah me too. Put a full season in. Im actually away this week too. Spur of the moment thing.
  10. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Sucks too. Put a few laps in at daytona this arvo/evening. Great circuit when you put it all together.
    alovelycupoftea likes this.
  11. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks, I knew my chance would come once you NAACS and Incey were promoted
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks, your absences gave me a few free kicks, I have no doubt that if you had started more races you would have taken this out without breaking a sweat.
    alovelycupoftea likes this.
  13. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    What, another free kick, although I'm sure @Bluemoon, @WOLFYDADDY007, @Easyprey007 and @mmm_homebrew will be looking to take a win in your absence as well.
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Yeah, I'm really looking forward to ending the season on a high, this car is really good around Daytona road.
  15. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

It is quite quick. Not leaving till late in the week so i should still get to run a few laps with the guys.
    emmo46 likes this.
  16. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Given your pace in this car, I doubt I will be anywhere near you :)
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    You smacked my butt at Monza and Apricot Hill. I'm certainly not under estimating you this weekend.;)
  18. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    I cherish every chance I get :p I don't like Daytona though, so your butt is safe.
    WOLFYDADDY007 likes this.
  19. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
  20. WOLFYDADDY007

WOLFYDADDY007 Team Driver

PSN ID
    WOLFYDADDY007
    I'm in the mood to smack someone's butt and hope that i don't get a return serve :rolleyes: