Season 11 - Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Updated OP:
    Round 1: Mount Panorama (Dawn till Dusk) - 22 laps - 16/10
    Round 2: Deep Forest - 39 laps - 23/10
    Round 3: Silverstone National (Sprint) - 2x 25 laps - 30/10
    Round 4: Twin Ring Motegi Full (Weather) - 23 laps - 6/11
    Round 5: Fuji F (Enduro) - 54 laps - 13/11
    Round 6: Cote D'Azur - 30 laps - 20/11
    Round 7: Cape Ring Full - 18 laps - 27/11

Room Settings
    Time: 12:00 (6:00 for Round 1)
    Time Progression: 1 (14 for Round 1)
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  3. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    The short answer is: practice however much you like. It's your hobby/pastime.

The more accurate is: practice for a least a minimum of one hour because this is division1. If you want, you can go to division2 and race for podiums without practicing at all.

Judging from the entrants, my goal this season is 4th overall. I don't even know what 1B is.

Round1 at Bathurst is gonna be HUGE! Starting the season with a banger of a car and track combo. I remember ten seasons ago in the BRZ at Bathurst so well.
  4. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    TBH Crunch, only reason you are in div 1 this season is you asked for the challenge. Your times last season were poor for you and were div 2 pace each race you participated in.

Just because someone is fast enough for division one, doesn't mean they need to do anything other than show up Sunday night and race clean and fair (and be aware of the rules etc)

Good luck with your goal of 4th overall this season. I do hope you achieve it. :)
    Crunch and JonoStan96 like this.
  5. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    sorry I should correct myself, most of your times last season. You did have the overall FL at monza & top 6 at rome.
  6. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  7. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Rookie

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    So far my goal is to have some sort of consistency. Oh and also to get a fastest lap and get that monkey off my back haha. Seriously though, looking forward to this season. Should be some close racing.
  8. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Rookie

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    I might not make the meet and greet. Will let you all know closer to the time. Also glad I didn't try use my PS3 on hospital wifi as 512kbps is nowhere near fast enough for racing, let alone hosting a room like I normally do.
  9. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Morning guys :D

Back in Aus so keen to get back to some Sunday night racing with you guys when I get the chance :thumbsup:
  10. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    awesome! We have 2 weeks for meet n greet with the long weekend and bathurst weekend before we start. Here's hoping you don't get DSQ for poor tyre choice again lol
    MINT_GTR likes this.
  11. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Hahaha, have had some experience with reading regs now but can't make any promises :whistling:
  12. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    did I ever thank you for gifting me the win at Le Mans in the 'Full weather/damage series 2' ?
  13. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Rookie

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    Definitely gonna make it now. Back home today.
  14. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Just a friendly reminder that I will be hosting the meet and greet tonight. The room will be fixed host and public. The room will open around 8pm AEDT. Add me to your friends list if you haven't done so already. Hope to see you all there. :)
  15. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    @Jaycie, don't forget to add my PSN to your friends list before tomorrow night's meet and greet.
    Crunch likes this.
  16. Jaycie

Jaycie Rookie

PSN ID
    Jay-R51
    Cool I've sent a request. By the way my PSN id is @Jay-R51
    bmx_mtb_boy and REVO_Bryan like this.
  17. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Internet has been rubbish all night so I doubt I can get on in time for the last races.
  18. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Lots to feel confident about after tonight. I'm almost confident enough I could even raise my season goal, but 4th is still fine I reckon. Definitely a brilliant season coming up.

I couldn't type it out in lobby: I actually hit my internet data cap so my internet speed was slow, but 10 minutes before the races I got a 'free top up' on the data (thanks Bigpond!). It needed to take a while to register but it should be okay now. I just hope that the problems I'm having don't persist next week because every single race I was in tonight had someone's car skidding across the road or literally flying 30 feet in the air; it was definitely my internet, which sucks. I've already got the top of line modem, wired cable connection with the IP in the DMZ. I can't do anything else except pray. If it's like it was tonight, I'll have races ruined by lagg punts guaranteed, and I really don't want that this season.

Finally, I hope @Jaycie stays in this division, but he might have more fun in Div2 so it's definitely up to him. He's good enough to improve.

See you next week!

PS. When do team chats get made?
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I will get to them this week
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Ok so our 2 weeks of meet n greet are complete.

There will probably be some division changes for some drivers so keep an eye out.

A few general things to remember...

Please remind yourselves of the do's and don'ts of mic usage here:
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/important-mic-ettequite-please-read.432/

With regards to connections, if you are unable to upgrade from '4G internet' which causes a lot of issues, you should be messaging the room host/captains to let you know when to join the room after all other participants.
    If, after joining last, there are issues with regards to other drivers not being able to see you, then unfortunately it will be a case of 'too bad'.
    We do make efforts to ensure everyone can participate but we can only go so far.