Season 5 - Division 1.

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    **Wins Rd 1 in Div 1 PCars**
    Seriously not a statement the rest of us want to hear.:confused::confused::confused:
    Spidey_11 and Sam D Blacklock like this.
  2. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    well yeah I surprised myself to be honest mate. Must just be my track or something, i did that track in season 1 where Giant was way quicker than me and i still got pole. Of course old mate Giant had the typical "I'm tired so i wasn't as fast as normal" excuse ready to go lol. :p
    Zachery likes this.
  3. zuluwoffle

zuluwoffle Team Driver

PSN ID
    zuluwoffle
    Slambo was awesome racing you man. That battle has been the best battle I've had in ROOZ since a battle I had with Juzzy in Season 2. Races like that make it suck that I gotta go back to uni in a couple of weeks.
    Spidey_11 and Slambobagan like this.
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    cancel uni for 45 mins a week !
  5. Sam D Blacklock

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Study online racing instead?
    zuluwoffle and ADZA_85 like this.
  6. zuluwoffle

zuluwoffle Team Driver

PSN ID
    zuluwoffle
    If it could pay as much as what I will eventually get then for sure.
    Sam D Blacklock and Zachery like this.
  7. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

36 laps for willow.... I'm all out of rubber by lap 16 :eek:
  8. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    It's late, but it's here. Race recap from Spidey :)

Before qualy I was thinking mid pack would be nice, so to get P6 is fantastic as some of the guys that had the pace to be in front of me didn't get a quick lap registered.
    Start of the race I took a cautious approach to turn one as it was round 1 with darkness and didn't want to be that guy in turn 1 haha. First race with a keyboard and I found out off the line that it had turned itself off... sweet.
    Driving flat out I was backing up Stu who was behind. Stu pitted early to get away from the Spidey road block and then I had a quickasrx7 quickly on my rear looking for a way past. Credit to you quickasrx7, you pressured me hard and we never touched.
    Something happened to quickas and he's position up my tail pipe was replaced by AOCleaner. Lap 7 I made a mistake on the fast left / right section and he was gone!
    However lap 8 AOCleaner hit a glass wall and I hit him :whistling: so I kept going haha.
    My pit strategy was always to run late into the race, pit, and not take tyres as I knew they would last till the end.
    Slambo pitted end of lap 15 and I was sitting pretty in P3 behind Beau...... who was 28 seconds up the road....:thumbsup:(that's a middle finger)
    I kept going and saw the battle of Zulu and Slambo play out on the map as those dots stuck to each other for a very long time. Hoping they would battle and slow each other down, I kept going to my pit stop on the end of lap 22.
    Came out the pits only 7 seconds in front of Stu :eek: so I kept it cool and made sure no penalties or spins to secure a P5 from the first round.
  9. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    No probs Spidey, I wouldn't have expected for you to wait
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  10. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Is that on slow wear? I got 28 laps out of mine
  11. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Slow fuel, real tyre wear. Is that right @stucar17
    Front left tyre was completely gone by lap 16
  12. Sam D Blacklock

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Buy a bigger box next time.
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  13. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Just checked I'm get 28 on real wear
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    correct...did a race run last night but will post up details in tips and trick page
  15. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    DRIVER BRIEFING FOR ROUND 2
    [​IMG]
    Weather slots
    1. Clear
    2. Hazy
    3. light cloud
    4. Clear

OK guys, onto the wide open spaces of Willow Springs this week.....
    TIRES : SOFT SLICK (default)
    COMPULSORY STOP : YES - Have your pit strat set in the prac lobby BEFORE the race room is reset. Captains to remind all drivers of this before setting up the 'official" race room please. YOU WILL NEED TO TAKE TIRES, MAKE SURE YOU SELECT "SYMMETRICAL" in the pit options

[​IMG]
    TRACK LIMITS :
    There really isnt anywhere to cut here, the curbs are brutal, so i would advise you to stay off them ! The exit to the front straight its possible to run wide there (have all 4 wheels off the road) but it will cruel you run onto the straight and actually cost you time.
    DRIVING STANDARDS : The big issue here will be making a pass. A reminder that side to side contact will more often than not, result in the magnetic effect, so ALL drivers need to give reasonable room to someone making a clean and reasonable pass.
    CONTACT : Probably most probable at turns 3 and 4, if you push someone into a penalty or offline for your advantage, you will be expected to redress, and give the position back. Patience will be the key, setting up a pass into 1 or through 2 will probably be the safest opportunity. Again, use your heads and give room where needed......
    RETURNING TO TRACK : If you do happen to go looking for tumble weed, please use your heads when returning to the track. Stay off line until you are back up to race speed so you don't compromise other drivers.
    PIT EXIT : This is a fair way down the front straight, but again, dont cut straight across the track untill you know its clear, or you are up to race pace.
    BLUE FLAGS : A reminder that if you are about to be lapped, its is good racing etiquette to move to the side where possible to let the leaders through.
    MICS : Please remember to mute your mic during the race, unless you are in a chat room and its agreed by all you can keep them on.
    PROTESTS : As always, if you feel you have reason to protest, save your replay, and then contact the room captains and the mod team, Myself or AD2MNY.....DO NOT blow up in the chat room, or on the forum.
    RAGE QUITTING : A reminder that if you rage quit the room, you will receive 0 points, not be able to use it as your drop round and it wont count as a round of your 4 needed to be eligible for the PAGNIAN prize. If you have to stop, park up in the pits and let the race run down without leaving so it doesnt glitch the other drivers or replay.

Also, on a side note, i have set up a thread for those interested in proper button boxes....see link below
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/button-boxes-for-ps4-pc.2455/#post-126125
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  17. Konnor McCluskey

Konnor McCluskey Team Driver

@stucar17 I'm currently downloading the game again....don't ask me why haha I'm just missing the Sunday league action I think, any chance I can slot in somewhere? I'm gonna be pushing it to make it on time because my net is awfully slow today dammit
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  18. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    *Laughs in Assetto Corsa Private Lobby*

Oh wait... ;)
    Welcome back Konnor!
  19. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    I will move down so you can move on in :D:thumbsup:
  20. Konnor McCluskey

Konnor McCluskey Team Driver

Nah nah I'm not forcing anyone out of the div lol I'll just race when there's free space
    Sam D Blacklock, stucar17 and Zachery like this.