Sim Controls Yes, another wheel thread

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by wookie_666, May 27, 2015.

1. wookie_666

wookie_666 Rookie

Hey all..
    At the moment I have a Logitech G27. currently waiting on the GTEYE spring to do the brake mod. Im interested in everybody's opinion on other wheels. The G27 just seems too lackluster when it comes to FFB and Pedals. Also the shifter leaves a bit to be desired.

Ive been looking at the Thrustmaster t500rs kit with the addon shifter. Or the Clubsport kit.
    Not sure on these, never tried them out, but im after a more realistic feel when it comes to assetto corsa, iracing and other race sims.

Give me some advice, not too concerned on price, but dont want to spend more than approx 1300 for the wheel, pedals and shifter.

Cheers.
  2. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    I don't think there is a perfect affordable option out there Wookie. Fanatec pedals are the gold standard IMO, unless you want to step up into the low volume or custom made sets. Thrustmaster has the FFB that goes from Peewee Herman to "Jesus!! I've broken my arm!!". Fanatec FFB is slightly less powerful, but maybe provides a smidge more precision and feel without ever feeling a bit doughy. As for shifters, I've played with enough to offer an expert opinion.

Don't forget with PC, you can have Fanatec pedals, Thrustmaster wheel and something else for the shifter. As long as you have enough USB ports you can mix and match to your hearts content. There are sites like here that you can buy and sell gear a little cheaper, but most are US based.

Some food for thought, but get into I say. Nothing beats getting home and finding a new toy has arrived. I had the Bundy Bear buy me an add-on wheel for my T500 once, that was a super great day!!
  3. wookie_666

wookie_666 Rookie

Yeah. Looking at the T300RS, using my g27 pedals and maybe upgrading the shifter to thrustmaster later. Then I can play the PS4 too when gt7 comes out. But need to see what the price is like for a group buy. Just spent 800 bucks on a cockpit and buttkicker gamer 2. Might need to wait a bit.
  4. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    PSN: Ryzza5 / Steam: Ryzza5

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-au/product/g29-driving-force?wt.ac=g29

To think that back in 2008 I payed $192 for my new G25 which came with a shifter, and now they want $500 for this. I wonder how much we're being charged for the Sony/MS logo (essentially)?

From the product description (and by taking clues from the external appearance), the G29 is most likely going to feel very similar to the G27. Perhaps then, the T300__ is a better (albeit slightly more expensive) proposition.
    Regarding H-shifting my experience is that I tend to use it more when cruising or practising, or if driving a classic (old) car. When milliseconds matter I usually revert back to the flappy paddles as a force of habit.
  5. wookie_666

wookie_666 Rookie

Im getting the t300rs. using the logitech pedals. And getting the thrustmaster shifter later. No point "upgrading" to the g29 when its no different really
    Easyprey007 and Clevohead like this.
  6. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    PSN: Ryzza5 / Steam: Ryzza5
  7. Watto64

Watto64 Rookie

I know that a bunch of guys recently bought the T300's and I'm curious to get the feedback on the wheels in relation to performance and problems.
    Also wanting to know if anyones given the G29 a run and their thoughts on it.
    Looking to move to PS4 soon and need to change wheel from G27 to one that's compatible.
    Konnor McCluskey likes this.
  8. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  9. Troy

Troy Rookie

I find the stock rubber steering wheel on the T300rs it to have a not nice feel about it. I added a 320mm omp leather wheel to it with a derek spears adapter and it feels 10 times better but lacks a little in the torque department. It is night and day better than my g27 was tho. I run Clubsport v2 pedals so i cant comment on the pedals.
    Anon666 and Watto64 like this.
  10. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
  11. Konnor McCluskey

Konnor McCluskey Team Driver

Il see you on pcars next season bro! Got me a g29 last night and it's really really good
    Watto64 likes this.
  12. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I can't say enough good things about the t300. The force feedback is awesome and yes it can be quite a workout if you have it set too high (first test in NASCAR series, arms fell off). It has brilliant feel straight out the box in GT6, and improved my driving results immediately. I've tried the G27 briefly and had a DFGT for nearly 3 years but this is a whole other level. 3 thumbs up.
    Watto64, TheJuzzy and Killercarlcox69 like this.
  13. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    I have to say I love my T500rs and shifter , mounted on a next level GT pro sim .
    The T500 makes the G27 look like a toy plus I haven't had had any problem's with it ether .
    A great buy .
    WAC and Watto64 like this.
  14. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
  15. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Man I have been eyeing this up having had recent problems on my G25 shifter.....
    But with a USB adaptor and shipping it will be close to $400! So in the mean time, the price point just doesn't compete with my 60cent shifter fix! http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/g25-shifter-reverse-gear-fix.1937/
    Cyber_STIG_77 likes this.
  16. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    yeah they are pretty pricey BUT they feel amazing, very solid construction. imo if you were going to spend $250+ on the thrustmaster one you would be better saving for a little longer and getting one of these.
  17. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yea that is where my head was at between those two. For the toolless change-over to sequential mode too.
    Cyber_STIG_77 likes this.
  18. Troy

Troy Rookie

I refuse to buy any more Fanatec products after they were unable to supply any parts for their handbrake or offer a solution to fix it that wasn't just buy a new one. Thats the only reason i got the thrustmaster one
  19. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Anyone else used both the TH8A and the Fanatec CS SQ 1.5?

Very keen on the SQ for my PC rig particularly as I like the ability to switch between seq and h-pat on the fly (like in Dirt Rally cars are a mix), and reverse gear is protected with a downward gate. But this comes at a price leap of about $170 having been offered a good deal on the TH8A..

But.... Fanatec seem to cop a bad wrap for reliability and customer service around the traps. If it's going to last 5 years it seems worth the extra.

Any other considerations?
    @Anon666 think you mentioned having experience with both. Cheers
    stucar17 likes this.
  20. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Both have their issues. I broke the thrustmaster and ended up getting a refund. The fanatec was glitchy there for a while and I sent it to the fanatec guy in Melbourne who tickled it's inners and it's been fine ever since. You can often hear me crashing through the gears, so I can confirm it is one tough piece of kit. I actually don't have the seq. version as I have something else for that...but the functionality is what you are paying the premium for.
    Cyber_STIG_77 and KoAStR like this.