Season 11 - Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Sep 6, 2016.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  2. holdenman05

holdenman05 Team Driver

PSN ID
    holdenman05
  3. AUSnicko9

AUSnicko9 Professional

PSN ID
    aussie_nicko
    Fairly sure that section of road is considered the track @holdenman05, it usually has been in the past.

@Hatfield confirm?
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    i don't think it is possible to have all 4 wheels over the line without hitting the cliff anyway...
    holdenman05 likes this.
  5. holdenman05

holdenman05 Team Driver

PSN ID
    holdenman05
    my line takes me all 4 wheels over that line for bout a second or so some laps, you should try it lol
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    After having a closer look, the ripple strips are over the white lines so 2 wheels on the tarmac is acceptable
  7. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Is overtaking outside the white lines on the start/finish straight allowed?
  8. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    yes. The tarmac will be considered track so this is acceptable
  9. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Rookie

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
  10. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Is everyone OK if I set up the room with voice off for tonight?
    JonoStan96 and natmanscoop like this.
  11. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    So... Is there a room open?
  12. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Pretty disappointed with that one, I unlocked a lot of pace during the race, and I couldn't believe people were pitting, track position is everything at Deep Forest so I thought hey, lets try something different.

I tried to draw inspiration from when I held Dan Holland up for 20+ laps in the Lexus LFA despite him being over 1.5 seconds a lap faster, so I really thought a podium was on the cards. But as soon as I thought about that, I put a wheel on the grass and spun into the pits, and well, what a letdown.
    warrior2167 likes this.
  13. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Pole: Nicko (1:08.416)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    AUSnicko9 and AOCleaner74 like this.
  14. AUSnicko9

AUSnicko9 Professional

PSN ID
    aussie_nicko
    Brilliant race as usual with @warrior2167, congrats also for Bob for rounding out the podium.

Happy with that result to level the 1A championship with David. Onwards to round 3! :thumbsup:
  15. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    I have mixed feelings about my race. Qualifying went as well as I could have hoped, a PB lap gave me 4th on the grid (again).

Into the first turn @Crunch made an ambitious move on the inside, right in my blind spot. After that I struggled to get into a groove, letting @X-WTF_MAN-X through as well. To make matters worse, a spin in the tunnel put me right at the back. At this point, I made the decision to not make a pitstop, to try to recover something from the race. Fortunately for me, I had just enough of a cushion to finish 5th, because my tires were really suffering at the end. I call the race a case of damage limitation.
    warrior2167 likes this.
  16. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Qualifying: 5th

By far the best I could have hoped for. After last week's result I knew that I could correlate qualifying with my position in the race. Very happy to be in a better spot.

Race: 4th

Bryan was sleeping off the line into T1, so I made an easy pass on him. Bob had a shoddy exit out of T1 and I was about to get the inside line into the next complex but Bob was at his typical best with a hard but fair squeeze defence & it would have been quite dangerous if I stuck to the inside. So I had to concede & apart from repassing the 'no-stop' runners, there was no more action the entire race. I had total control from there until finish, which is fantastic if I can produce a flawless season at my capacity pace.

Bob pit early in the stop window & I followed him next lap. He was faster in the first stint, but in the last 10 laps I was slowly gaining. Hopefully I can get a podium in Race2 next week.
  17. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Rookie

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    Nowhere near happy with qualifying. Started last and didn't have speed all race. Went straight to a no stop strategy and lost 7th place with 3 laps to go to finish 9th. Not great but found some consistency at least.
    warrior2167 likes this.
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    For the remainder of the season, we will run rooms with mics off and friends only.
    It has seemed to help with room stability for divisions who have gone from mic to no mic rooms.
  19. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Congrats Nick, I think it was 5 swaps for the lead. Well deserved.

I was pretty happy with the undercut. During that 2nd stint maybe I could have protected the inside more into turn 1, but the outside was working well for me and It would give me the inside for the right kink. Overall I just didn't have the speed to hold you off especially in the final two left handers.
    Initially I thought you overcooked the entry and clipped the wall. Would have made it interesting if myself and Nick had to pass you for the win.
    AUSnicko9, B-Spec Bob and JonoStan96 like this.
  20. AUSnicko9

AUSnicko9 Professional

PSN ID
    aussie_nicko
    Yeah, we both seemed to have our own dominant sectors. Sector 1 you'd gain some good time on me, so I needed to make sure those last two left-handers were spot on to avoid an attack at turn 1.
    warrior2167 likes this.