Season 11 - Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Sep 6, 2016.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    It was one of those rare nights where you and I finished lower in the overall race times than we did in the lap times chart.
  2. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Lonely second half of the race. But still hard being it was running so fast. Was really happy with result. I was struggling for weeks with mid to high 01s for my best laps. Consistently in the 02s. Come yesterday morning i tried something with what little we could change. Got down to a 00.4 as a pb and qualified with a 00.5. With 01 or quicker the whole race bar lap 19 when the two guys in front were dicing and i got destracted. Thank god for sunday morning practice session.
    Russell likes this.
  3. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    Debut race for me, should've practised for a track like Bathurst (thankfully only got 2 weeks of Uni left :) ) but qualifying 5th and then hitting a wedge at turn 2 put me right out. Inconsistency in spinning 3 times meant that despite the practise of lap after lap getting quicker into the mid 2.00's on ageing tyres, I kept catching benny and emmo multiple times but couldn't keep pressing on. It's a learning curve though, bring on Deep Forrest, :thumbsup:
    Also: Well done to Russell and Jay, that must've been an insane race.
    Russell and Jaycie like this.
  4. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
  5. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    That was amusing for me, I kept getting past guys as they spun and then they would race by me again only to have another off and drop back behind me again. All that came to an end when I had a couple of spins of my own.
    ssman244 likes this.
  6. Jaycie

Jaycie Rookie

PSN ID
    Jay-R51
    Yeah thanks:) I really thought you had it for most of the race. I didn't know what to expect being my first race, but I quickly realised what kind of pace we were going to stay on when you kept pulling a few tenths every lap all the way up to lap 17. I guess sometimes it is easier following as you get into a rhythm and don't have the pressure. I find it harder to lead than follow when pace is high like this. Worked out this time but I'm sure there will be more to come;) Really looking forward to more racing with you mate!
    Russell likes this.
  7. Jaycie

Jaycie Rookie

PSN ID
    Jay-R51
    Hey guys. I'm very stoked to have a win on debut.. I truly wasn't expecting it. I tend to up my game and consistency when under pressure by great drivers so I have to thank @Russell and @Knuckles for that awesome pace! I'm really looking forward to racing again next week. This crew is fantastic and looking through the lap times we're all quite close. Good on everyone for crossing the line.. its a tough track @ 22 laps! (and cheers to PRT @ssman244 and @h1tcher - we did well crew)
    The battle with Russell was intense and it felt like we were both giving it 100% every lap. Exactly why I am happy to be here, love it!
    I did experience a glitch where I had no telemetry data on screen the whole race though. I could only see my lap time, players on grid and lap number. Ironically I think that helped because I was oblivious to tyre wear or fuel consumption and was just like - screw it... qualy laps every lap until this thing breaks down!! haha. But in the end it worked out. Yew!!
    incey, Russell, JonoStan96 and 6 others like this.
  8. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    With the missing HUD, pausing and unpausing on the starting grid usually fixes it.
    Jaycie likes this.
  9. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Was very quick for div 2. I had to take to many risks for those extra few tenths. So it was consolidate 3rd and stay close enough if you and @Russell had a tangle. Was a good race. Give the replay a run through later.
  10. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    P
    It was such a fun race! You are not wrong about hard to lead. We were responding lap for lap me trying to maintain and you trying to close the 1 To 2 second gap INSANE! Until I let my guard down to much on lap 18 and 19 due to deterrating tyers. Then started under driving it a bit to much. Needed to blink and breath lol. Then you flew by. I Pushed it as hard as I could home again.
    Jaycie likes this.
  11. Jaycie

Jaycie Rookie

PSN ID
    Jay-R51
    Ok, thanks Bryan. Actually was a good experience. Was like Obe-wan was saying "use the force" while flying in the X-wing with no target goggles on
    emmo46, incey and Hatfield like this.
  12. BMWF30328

BMWF30328 Rookie

Hey Stu. I want that - Your conditions did not make reference to the bribes you might accept....lol
    stucar17 and Knuckles like this.
  13. BMWF30328

BMWF30328 Rookie

Fair enough Benny. I couldn't make contact as I was in my car driving (as fast as I could) to get home - but I don't want to hold up anyone's night so I accepted the back of the field for being late. The room was quite stable too which is a great start for the season. Also wanted to acknowledge some good in race improvements from Hat who might have had a disappointing race - but probably felt he drove his best and had the most fun between laps 15 and 19 (I think) keeping me at bay. I wonder if passing at the other circuits is going to be as challenging. Catching someone seemed easy enough but passing was certainly not easy in these cars at Bathurst...anyone else feel the same thing??
    Hatfield and ssman244 like this.
  14. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Yup, the car in front pretty much has to make a mistake to pass them.
  15. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  16. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    DRIVER BRIEFING FOR ROUND 2

Deep Forest
    [​IMG]
    TRACK LIMITS : Remember 2 wheels on the ripple strip is the rule. The main area of concern is the pieces of concrete:
    1. on the inside of the left hander before the tight right hander before the first tunnel (left turn before '4' on the map) and
    2. on the left of track through the first tunnel (between '4' and '5' on the map)

RETURNING TO TRACK : If you do happen to run off track, please use your heads when returning to the track. Stay off line until you are back up to race speed so you don't compromise other drivers. If you spin back onto the track, and traffic is coming, ghosting if possible is a smart way to avoid incidents

PIT ENTRY/EXIT : Due to the way the pit entry works here, it may create incidents in speed difference, so you may cut the entry line... but NOT the exit line.

BLUE FLAGS : A reminder that if you are about to be lapped, its is good racing etiquette to move to the side where possible to let the leaders through.

MICS : Please remember to mute your mic during the race.

PROTESTS : As always, if you feel you have reason to protest, save your replay, and then contact the room captains and the mod team, @Hatfield or @emmo46.....DO NOT blow up in the chat room, or on the forum.

RAGE QUITTING : A reminder that if you rage quit the room, you will receive 0 points, not be able to use it as your drop round and it wont count as a round of your 4 needed to be eligible for the PAGNIAN prize. If you have to stop, park up off track and ghost, and let the race run down without leaving so it doesnt cause anyone else to drop out or lag.
  17. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    After having a closer look, the ripple strips are over the white lines so 2 wheels on the tarmac is acceptable
  19. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Rookie

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Just found out we are having dinner for brother's birthday so may be home later... is everyone ok if we start a bit later on Sunday? I was thinking say 9pm? I will update on here if I will be on time, or if I won't be able to make it.