PCARS Season 5 Tips and Tricks

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by Beau_Albert, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    he doesn't have the disadvantage of a brother named @stucar17 :p
  3. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Maybe that's more of a problem for him. Naah he's never listen to me before so I'm sure he wont start now.
    AOCleaner74 likes this.
  4. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Hmm I agree I move it forward to created understeer and keep the rear controlled
  5. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    i move it all the way back and enter the corner rear end first :)
    Anthonyb likes this.
  6. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    It is possible for the lower div boys to run in the 13's... missed the apex on T1 and clipped the kerb at T4...
    so if i can...anybody can
    jasondull1986 and George like this.
  7. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Nice lap Vardz, 13's are definitely on the cards for you.
  8. VENDALISM

VENDALISM Rookie

PSN ID
    VENDALISM

Totally agree with you Anthony.
    You will find these so called driving/racing simulators(VIDEO GAMES) unfortunately are worlds apart in how they translate racecar behaviour of any category of Motorsport in comparison to the real world.But in saying that,it is good fun playing car racing video games and quite addictive especially playing online with a good community base like ROOZ.
    As for the couple of fast kids in div 1,it's just being good at playing a specific video
    game because that is all it is....

Cheers Archie
    Anthonyb likes this.
  9. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    To a point you are right, its a game. But to see how mint has transitioned to real life driver so quickly, speaks volumes of the fact that you need real driving awareness and abilities to really excel in racing 'games' not to mention the knowledge of track positioning, racing lines etc. I have no doubt that our resident aliens could get in a real racecar and go alright.
  10. VENDALISM

VENDALISM Rookie

PSN ID
    VENDALISM
    I was replying to Anthony's post but since you wanted to add your 2c worth here's mine Bud !

You have misunderstood my post TO ANTHONY and it's obvious you take your video games
    seriously.

Until you go out in the real world on a real race track in a track prepared road car or racecar of any category you will start to understand my key points in my post to ANTHONY.
    No idea who MINT or Aliens are lol,and on your final remark that the kids in div 1would jump in a real race car and do alright is a absolute joke!
    Im certain they would absolutely with out a doubt in a live race meeting just like the video games they play such as PCARS & GT6 and in the presence of professional drivers like say,Sebastian Lobe,Sebastian Ogier,Rhys Millen,Jimmie Johnson,Romain Dumas,Shane van Gisbergen, Chaz Mostert,Daniel Ricciardo,Mark Webber just to mention a few,would with out a doubt do ok, at very worst lol ! You need to get out more in the real world Bud ! Get yourself a CAMS licence get out on your local or nearest track or race meeting and you will be very surprised very quickly how much you will learn and experience and then you will understand that it's just a video game you play online and is not even remotely close to what happens on the track.Then you will understand my post that it's JUST A VIDEO CAR RACING GAME NOTHING MORE NOTHING LESS...
    Anthonyb likes this.
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Is @Zharvs92 not allowed to post a reply to your PUBLIC post in a PUBLIC forum? Everyone is allowed an opinion...

by the way, @MINT_GTR is Matthew Simmons... you may have heard of him. He won GT Academy and now races in the real world in a Nismo GT3 car.
  12. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Lucas Ordonez Richardo Sanchez Romain Sarazen Wolfgang Reip Jann Mardenborough Florian Strauss & Matthew MINT Simmons. Ask these guys if going from gaming to real life GT3 ... GT4 ... LMP ... FORMULA ... is a joke. Very much possible and a legitimate path to a life in motorsport.
    ADZA_85 and JonoStan96 like this.
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    but in part @VENDALISM is also right...
    If the only experience I have is racing in gaming, then I will do poorly at real-world racing.... but these gamers to racers, have real-world experience before they get into these proper racing events
  14. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    From where i'm sitting, this feels like a personal attack on either me or Samsung or any other younger members in Division 1 or 2 and below.
    Please do not refer to anyone on the site as a 'kid' in that manner as it comes off very degrading to the younger guys. I don't mind it being joked about, heck, i was saying it before, but i don't like how the word was used there... :thumbsdown:
    Sam D Blacklock and SPL Racing like this.
  15. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Just for the record i have a CAMS license dude. And i disagree with alot of your sentiments.
    Sam D Blacklock and Beau_Albert like this.
  16. ADZA_85

ADZA_85 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    Transition from gaming (these days) to real world isnt huge.
    Is there a step. Heck yes. But so much can be learned from a virtual world.
    Modern gaming is getting closer and closer to replicating the physics of real world cars on roads and tracks alike.
    I dont believe the gap will ever completely shut as you'd never truly replicate the loads or G's put onto the human body or aero differences- it would just be too bigger step.

But look at what simulations modern F1 teams create before drivers go to a race meet.
    Hamiltons been quoted as saying the simulations F1 teams create are not far different from the likes of modern games
    What a time to be alive!!

Too conclude, Vendal what your saying has merit. And i DO race a track 370Z.
    But Zharves wasnt attacking u mate. So chills out
    Zachery and SPL Racing like this.
  17. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    righto you lot
    [​IMG]

REALITY here for ALL of us is very different.....

While i wont for a second not let Ant fight his own battles, his experience in crewing on rally cars and working with guys who have some pretty good results, he does know his stuff, and in essence is right in the THEORY that moving the bias to the front does aid in turn in. HOWEVER, in the sim world it doesnt 'necessarily' add up like that...Remember the brilliant GT6 that had everything arse around....

Does racing in the sim world translate to the real world ? In my opinion 'probably', but i also think that the guys who do it well would probably be good at it anyway (without the sim background)......i reckon their brains and bodies are wired for it and have an innate understanding of what it takes to drive fast.....However i also think that there are a hell of alot of sim guys who are rubbish at driving a car in the real world, and would bin it more often than not on the track....its how we are wired and how someone can relate to whats in front of them....would be interesting to get everyone in a V8 track day and compare times and then see where we all are in our race division ;).

All i will add, as hat said, everyone is entitled to an opinion, but please keep things civil just because you dont agree with someone.
  18. ADZA_85

ADZA_85 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ADZA_85

You had me at V8 Track day
    George, SPL Racing and Beau_Albert like this.
  19. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Lookout the fun police have arrived
    SPL Racing likes this.
  20. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    eee aawwww eeee aaawwwww !
    Anthonyb, ADZA_85 and Beau_Albert like this.