AC Assetto Corsa - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KoAStR, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
  2. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Hey boys,
    I'm interested in learning how to setup a custom online server so that I can set the car/track combo and have some fun trying out different cars and tracks. I watched a youtube video which explains going into the modem and setting up the TCP, UDP and HTTP ports under fort forwarding but that didn't work. I can't find my HTTP port (but I'm guessing it's my combined UDP&TCP port) but still it didn't work. I can get it to the point where my online server is visible on the AC online serves but when I click to join it it says something like "cannot find server" and i notice that none of the cars are available to chose from. This is from both standard car/track combo to a DLC combo.

Next thing, who can help me understand amazon EC2 servers??
    More details will be useful as in what type and size of server would I need or do you use? whats more important, memory or vCPU or anything along those lines.
    How much do you pay for Amazon EC2 server if you have one.

Does anyone have any step by step guides or links to help me out?

Cheers :)
  3. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    There is a big write up on servers on the Ac site I'm on phone at the moment so can't link but think it's under multiplayer I think. also in the assetto folders you will find a server list that you have to fill out use , <- inbetween cars so silvia_s13,toyota_ae86 so on and fill out port numbers sorry don't have much more info at the moment till back at pc tomorrow
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  4. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    You need to talk to qc mate.
  5. QC.

QC. AC Server Legend

he's' trying... I'm just a little slow in my response sorry :whistling:

Seems like a port forwarding issue to me (knowing your configuration could help here). Modem/router configuration can be a bit of a pain as each one is different :rolleyes:. The TCP and UDP normally used by AC is 9600 (see server setup), I've my router set to forward TCP/UDP port 9600. Default HTTP in ACserver is 8081, my router is set to forward TCP port 8081. Both with the IP address of the PC running the server. My modem does the same but uses the IP address of the router.

Otherwise maybe see if your windows firewall is blocking access?

I made sure I was comfortable with server setup/config from my home PC before trying out the AWS service, its not that difficult but understanding how IP address' and Ports work helps alot ;).

cheers
    Anon666, spita84 and Spidey_11 like this.
  6. Cherno

Cherno Team Driver Gold Member

Porsche Pack 3 is released

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/assetto-corsa-porsche-volume-iii-dlc-released.129652/

Assetto Corsa V1.11 brings some new updates and improvements to the core tyre simulation. On top of that, more adjustments have been made on the tyre values themselves to accomodate the core updates and take advantage of the new features and calculations. As a result, we have some big changes in the GT3, GT2 and Porsche Cup tyres.

Tyre pressure.
    Cold pressure now starts from 16psi.
    Hot pressure is optimum around 26psi.

As usual the optimum pressure will take a bit of experimentation depending on the track configuration, setup configuration and driving style. A good range would be from 24 to 28psi.

The lower pressures offer a better control of the cars over low kerbs. Together with changes on camber sensitivity, slipratio calculation, effective radius calculations and more, result in a more involving driving experience and more realistic values and behaviour.

More tyre compounds will get updated on all the cars, as we are bringing V10 tyre model to maturity and time permits to update the rest of the cars".

• New Porsche 919 Hybrid 2016 LeMans configuration (Porsche Pack 3)
      • New Porsche 908 Lang Heck (Long Tail) (Porsche Pack 3)
      • New Porsche 917 K (Porsche Pack 3)
      • New Porsche 911 R (991) (Porsche Pack 3)
      • New Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 2017 (Porsche Pack 3)
      • New Porsche 911 GT3 R 2016 (Porsche Pack 3)
      • New Porsche 911 Turbo S (991) (Porsche Pack 3)
      • New Porsche Macan Turbo (free bonus)
      • New Championship gameplay. Create your own championship, select cars, tracks, laps, points, rules and compete against the AI.
      • Fixed wing damage model on Nissan GTR
      • Shared Memory :
      • Fixed kersCharge and kersInput for ERS system
      • Added system/cfg/messages.ini to filter system messages out
      • Added Print function in Time Table (export in Documents\Assetto Corsa\out)
      • Fixed Setup Electronic tab issue on ABS level for cars featuring no TC
      • Reviewed damage curve + repair times
      • New formula for effective radius calculation
      • Pitstop is possible also in Practice session
      • Fixed Confirm button in Pitstop screen to work without any requested operation
      • Fixed UI resetting AI level at start
      • Corrected front wheel 3D placement for Lotus Evora S and Step 2
      • Pitstop animation disabled for VR users
      • New V10 tyres and updated physics and inertias for all GT3 cars
      • New V10 tyres and updated physics and inertias for all GT2 cars plus Glickenhaus P4/5C and Evora GX and GTC
      • Updated V10 tyres and updated physics and inertias for Hypercars (LaFerrari, 599XX, FxxK, P1, Aventador SV, Huayra, Zonda R), more experimentation
      • Corrected Porsche 917/30 inertia values
      • Corrected Porsche 917/30 ackermann and front bump steer suspension
      • Corrected aero downforce and drag values for Porsche 962 Short Tail
      • Corrected drag values for Porsche 962 Long Tail
      • Porsche 962C Long Tail now has passive wastegate pressure map that permits user controlled overboost as a % of a turbo boost map. 0-9 keys
      • F4 key sets camera on the player car
      • Added Delete function on Setup screen
      • Added electronic controller cltr_wastegate[X].ini to control wastegate levels on turbos
      • Fixed potential track cut on Nordschleife Endurance and Cup layouts
    Spidey_11, spita84, KoAStR and 2 others like this.
  7. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    I just did some laps at Imola with the 911 gt3 r 2016 and 911 gt3 cup 2017 and I was loving the cup 2017 version. It felt a little bit slower, easier over the bumps, acceleration and breaking with downshifts felt nice. There is probably half the tuning options for the cup 2017 compared to the r 2016 which would make for easier and simpler tuning :)
    Anon666 likes this.
  8. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    @QC. I keep getting checksum error on the vallelunga server (haven't tried the others).
    Anyone else having issues?
  9. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    No issues other than the crazy Russian drivers in the server :confused:
  10. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Tuning question.
    Where is the best place to look up tunes for cars? Project cars had a nice web site http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/bycar and just seeing where to look for AC.
    Cheers :)
  11. bencrow-

bencrow- Rookie

PSN ID
    bencrow-
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  12. Cherno

Cherno Team Driver Gold Member

As bencrow said SetupMarket is quite good, haven't been on there for a while but were heaps of setups last time I looked. Havent tried the app, just check the setup is for the current version, it's says on the side. Also over on the race department AC forum there is a setups section and there's actually threads for different combos where people reply with tweaks and comments. So thats good too if you want to find out some info about the setup or ask questions.
    Sam D Blacklock and Spidey_11 like this.
  13. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Umm, just did some laps in one of these and need new pants. http://bit.ly/2hyeuYk
    Maybe a meet and greet event before next season. @QC can we get a server up? Whatever track.
    Pringles_947 likes this.
  14. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Hi all,
    I picked up a new laptop over Christmas that is quite a lot more powerful than my old laptop and wondered whether or not it would be able to handle AC for the PC. My laptop is a Lenovo Ideapad, 12gb ram, I7 processor, lots of hard drive space and a Nividia GeForce 920MX graphics card. Will this be enough for me to run AC comfortably?
    Anon666 likes this.
  15. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

it might be ok at medium graphics but might depend on how many cars are on track at the same time as well.
    Nathancarhead likes this.
  16. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Only one way to find out for sure. There are loads of settings for graphics and plenty of people to help out.
  17. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    A mate has been running AC on his desktop with NO graphics card....just onboard (I mean motherboard) processing and an i5 I think. The details are low but he runs it haha
  18. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    One more question, AC says it requires Direct X v11, is this something that gets downloaded as well when i buy AC? or will i have to download it separately? and if so, where do i find it?
  19. Mael

Mael Professional

Its part of Microsoft Windows so might be on your PC already, if not AC should fix it for you as far as I know.
  20. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

it should be installed with your graphics card drivers usually