Division 2 - Season 6

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Dec 8, 2016.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Meet and Greet : 5th Feb
    Round 1 : 12th Feb

Car : Sierra RS500 Group A
    [​IMG]
    Track List :
    R1 : 12th Feb - ROAD AMERICA - 20 LAPS - 7/6/17 @ 12 noon. Wear - Real / Fuel - Slow
    Weather slots
    1. Light Cloud
    2. Heavy Cloud
    3. Light cloud
    4. Clear

R2 : 19th Feb - HOCKENHEIM GP - 25 LAPS - 7/6/17@ 4.00pm. Wear - Real / Fuel - Slow
    Weather slots

1. Hazy
    2. Overcast
    3. Light cloud
    4. Clear

R3 : 26th Feb - SPRINT ROUND - WEAR REAL / FUEL REAL - 7/6/17 - 3pm
    SONOMA SPRINT - Race 1 - 19 laps Race 2 - 20 laps- reverse Grid with formation lap.
    Weather slots
    1. Clear
    2. Hazy

R4 : 5th March -
    MONZA - 23 LAPS. 7/6/17 - 4pm twilight race - FUEL - SLOW / TIRES - REAL
    Weather slots

1. Clear
    2. Hazy
    3. Light cloud
    4. Light cloud

R5 : 12th March -
    SPA - 15 laps - 7/6/17 - 12pm - Wear REAL / Fuel - SLOW
    Weather slots

1. Rain
    2. Heavy Cloud
    3. Light Cloud

R6 : 19th March - IMOLA ENDURO - 44 LAPS - 24 Hr Cycle - Race start 10am - 7/6/17
    - TIme progression X15
    Weather slots
    1. Clear
    2. Light Cloud
    3. Fog
    4. Clear

R7 : 26th March - NURBURG GP - 22 LAPS - 12pm 7/6/17 - Tires - real / Fuel - slow.
    Weather slots

1. Heavy Cloud
    2. Overcast

3. Light Cloud
    4. Clear

CAR REGULATIONS FOR ALL ROUNDS
    TUNING : OFF
    - Brakes / ABS / Traction Control MAY be adjusted
    TIRE WEAR : REAL
    - There is only 2 tire types. Race MEDIUM slick and Rain.
    FUEL WEAR : SLOW for all EXCEPT SPRINT ROUND (REAL FOR THAT ROUND)
    STARTING FUEL :
    90L - DEFAULT (drivers found to be running lower fuel will be DSC). ALL drivers will have to make a small change to the car and SAVE TO ALL TRACKS. When the room is setup to DEFAULT your car should be on 90L
    COMPULSORY PIT STOP :
    - All drivers MUST make a compulsory stop. Failing to stop will give an in game DSQ. To keep things simple your stop may be taken at any time during the race.
    - Drivers will have to make a decision BEFORE THE RACE if they want to change tires, or run with the one set. You will need to set up a pit strategy with fuel and tires as you see fit. If you don't want to take tires you need to have the option switched to NO, if you do want tires you will need to have it set to symmetrical. Anyone having issues with this let me know.

WET / DRY ROUND : For the wet round we will keep it a split race. It will be a wet start and will remain for approx 1/3 of the race. Drivers will have to start on wets, and then it will be your call as to when you change to dry tires.
    WEATHER PROGRESSION : SYNC TO RACE
    TIME PROGRESSION : REAL TIME
    VISUAL DAMAGE :
    ON for all rounds EXCEPT for the rounds when dark. (enduro 24 hr cycle)

DRIVER LIST :
    Room Host : @garyw61
    BACKUP HOST : ?? @CobMcCool (nbn)?
    Room captains : @v8power383 , @garyw61 , @t_b_williams ????
    Qual start : 8:10 EDST
    Race start : 8:20 EDST

1. TLR @v8power383
    2. RZR @Jim_aka_The_Man
    3. PRT @garyw61
    4. SAR @Nathan Storrier (nstozza)
    5. TLR @stilesy
    6. SAR @agolfer78
    7. GRT @Blindman
    8. BHR @CobMcCool
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    CLASS B
    9. TLR @dunamotornz
    10. RZR @ShootSho7t
    11. BHR @Killercarlcox69
    12. TLR @t_b_williams
    13. NLR @freddyp_33
    14. GRT @Mick (PSN - mwkw1520)
    15. PRT @NAACS
    16. RZR @George (tuddy)
    17. SAR @pykeybraa145 RESERVE DRIVER
    18. HTO @Sir Nige RESERVE DRIVER
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2017
    George and garyw61 like this.
  2. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    guys,

Car has been selected and we will be racing the Sierra RS500 for season 6.

If you DONT intend on running this season please let me know asap so i can make the necessary division adjustments. At this stage we have 3 very full divs so it will be tight, i dont want to have to adjust everything 1 week out !

Will get track list to you and regs on the meet and greet, on the 5th Feb. Couple of weeks to get used to the car.

cheers stu
  3. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    alright.....
    Thanks to the guys who did a 45 min race run last night with wear on real and fuel on slow and the car made it easily on both (around the nurb GP). I think that everyone made it easily on tires, with the car not getting too bad till it hits below 70% wear. i think i finished on 80% on the fronts and with 2 laps to go ran within .2 of my fastest lap. Track temp was 38* and the tires didnt get above 105 for me, while others were in the red, so i think a TT of between 30*- 36* should be about perfect.

Interestingly, there are only 2 options for tires. 1. Race medium slick and 2. Rain !! This will make the pit strat pretty easy.

Am hoping to get on tonight and run something in the wet to see what beast it creates, but i have to say that after last nights run we should be in for some great racing. People will have to get their heads around braking a little earlier when in a pack, it does lose a little grip in the draft, but what i found is that slow in, fast out really works with the way the boost is set up. Was a couple of times where i was able to get a run on kart and rhino when they defended and were a little slow on exit.

At this stage, pending a mass of late entries, we will be running a very full 3 divs, and given we have a fair spread over all three we will run in 2 classes for each. Will try to tidy that up a week out of the season starting so all places at this stage are PROVISIONAL still. Will post this up in the div threads later today with all entered drivers linked in to double check entries. If you think someone is way out of position let me know, as i said, am still waiting for a week out to finalize the grids but can shuffle as needed.

Again, please let me or Ad2mny know if you have no intention of running.
    @v8power383 @deadman024 @garyw61 @Coojak3009 @stilesy @pykeybraa145 @Killercarlcox69 @t_b_williams @Blindman @freddyp_33 @maximuscatticus @NAACS @CobMcCool

Also, has anyone done any laps with the following new guys - provisionally listed in this div?
    @jacksonlyle @ShootSho7t @thesnape ...... guys if you could shot me a friend request so we can get you on track for some testing would be great in the lead up for the season.....

Thanks stu
    stilesy likes this.
  4. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  5. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Again, thanks to the guys who gave the car a run last night in the wet, and the little sierra was great, up until it cooked the rear tires !

Will fiddle around with track temps and see what might work, got down as low as 26* track temp (from 40*) and they were a little better, but still maxed out at about 116*..... will try tonight at a super low temp around 18* and see if we can get it under control for a wet race....

Tried a few more tracks including monaco, imola, brands hatch and monza......yet to find a track it doesnt go well at.

Will start shuffling a few drivers around in the next few days to 'try' to get them in the right div and class. Will be a little harder on @Hatfield this season, so again, please let me know if you have your name down but arent running.

START LINE : Said i would give you a heads up at how i am doing it now i feel like i can get away ok, not the fastest but at least i didnt cause havoc last night by bogging down....some other guys are rockets off the line.
    I have auto clutch ON, but use the clutch at the start. if the start line is FLAT you wont need to use the brake to stop you rolling, just throw it in gear, rev the tits off it, and dump the clutch when the light goes green. Even worked in the wet, had to short shift to 2nd, but it was controllable.

The more time i spend in this car the more i am loving it....should be a cracking season.

Cheers stu
  6. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    A lot of Trial and Error with this Sierra last night and i finally got to the bottom of how to start this car as quick as possible. I went through in this video the 10 quickest ways i found to launch the car off the line, however even on this list there is an 8 tenth of a second gap from fastest to slowest just accelerating to 150kp/h. Hope this helps anyone else who was struggling :)
    Toranafan-02 likes this.
  7. maximuscatticus

maximuscatticus Team Driver

PSN ID
    maximuscatticus
    I'm happy to go where you put me @stucar17 but doing a few short races with some of the guys last night I think I'd just be making up the numbers here.
    Blindman likes this.
  8. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Just like the rest of us maxi
  9. maximuscatticus

PSN ID
    maximuscatticus
    I don't see the point of coming last every week with the only difference being how many lap me
  10. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    I will be behind you all the way !:speechless:
  11. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    I can tell you one someone has to win and someone has to loose it's how you can deal with defeat that makes you who you want to be .strive for that first win racing within Rooz is great and everyone does improve the more you race and practice online with other members they are more than willing to help you :cool: raceyalater
  12. freddyp_33

freddyp_33 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    freddyp_33
    I heard you prefer that position
    Blindman likes this.
  13. freddyp_33

PSN ID
    freddyp_33
    Cry me a river blindman, you should probably be in div 1 this season going by your time last night
    maximuscatticus likes this.
  14. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Do you still have that sweat musky aroma of the back of my ¥%#+ in your throat from following me last season Freddyp
  15. freddyp_33

PSN ID
    freddyp_33
    Nah, I wasn't that close. Rhino might though!
  16. maximuscatticus

PSN ID
    maximuscatticus
    Left me for dead me last night
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    remember i will be looking at this over the weekend, and each div is very full with 2 classes in each.
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok guys...just to keep everyone in the loop

- tracklist getting closer. checked over the weekend and over 5 seasons we have run 29 different tracks. Not bad !
    - Am half way through adjusting the div placements.....nightmare !
    - If you could add the new drivers to your friend list and try to get them in a prac room if you see them on would be a big help....being flatout i have managed to miss them so far o_O:(
    - at this stage we are still at 3 full divs, with 2 classes in each.....think thats the way it will stay
    t_b_williams likes this.
  19. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    @stucar17 I am happy to host again this season unless anyone else had their heart set on it.
    stucar17 likes this.
  20. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    stucar17 likes this.