AC Assetto Corsa - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KoAStR, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    Nathancarhead likes this.
  2. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Cheers for that. It says i meet the minimum requirements, but that my drivers are out of date. Nivida on my computer says they are up to date though, any reasons why this might be?
  3. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    As I said only use it for an indication. I would go with what nvidia is saying.
    You can always check what version you should have from ther website http://www.geforce.com/drivers
    Nathancarhead likes this.
  4. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    This Awesome Mouse-Driven Zonda R Nordschleife Lap is Inspiring
    January 18th, 2017 by Ameer Zaita

In our world of racing games, many players have different preferences as to what peripherals they choose to drive their virtual machines with. Some folks swear by using a wheel and won’t bother playing with anything else. Other people are content with using the standard controller supplied with a game console. The mouse, on the other hand, is probably something that you haven’t seen being used to play a racing game in any serious capacity—until now.

A gentleman named Mike going by the name “handi” (get it?), shows us how precision driving is completely possible with a device like the mouse.

[​IMG]In his introductory post on RaceDepartment, Mike states he was born with a congenital limb defect that prevented his arms and legs from developing properly. Because of this, handi chooses to stick with simulators that allow him to use mouse steering. He is no stranger to racing sims either: Mike has been lapping the track as far back as 2002, in the alpha builds of Live for Speed. Nowadays, Assetto Corsa is his game of choice.

In the video, Mike chooses a combination some of us would be too afraid to even attempt: the brutal 750 hp Pagani Zonda R placed on the asphalt of the Nordschleife. He completes the task of going around the track with relative ease by using his mouse to steer and mouse buttons to accelerate, brake, and shift up or down.

Mike plans to continues his journey by participating in upcoming race series to prove mouse users have a place alongside wheel and pad users on the track. Have fun and keep up the excellent driving, Handi!

Check out Mike’s Youtube channel, covering a range of video games, right here.
  5. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    In Other news
    Kunos Simulazioni to be Acquired by Digital Bros
    January 20th, 2017 by Michael Leary
    [​IMG]
    January 18, 2017, courtesy of Donnced.

When the team behind Assetto Corsa began speaking of its plans for Assetto Corsa in 2017, no one could have seen this one coming: Kunos Simulazioni is being acquired by Digital Bros, the parent company of 505 Games based in Milan, Italy.

As reported by Reuters earlier this morning, the 4.3 million Euro ($4.58 million) acquisition will give Digital Bros complete control over the assets of Kunos, including Assetto Corsa. While this cash injection could lead to the development of Assetto Corsa 2, which up until now the small team was previously unsure of, the purchase also raises concerns about the autonomy of the sim developer.

Reassuringly, when Marco Massarutto was asked on Facebook whether or not anything would change, his reply was simply “Just like before.”

You can find some of the original announcement translated below:

“The acquisition allows full control of the intellectual property and the opportunity for the Group to invest in the future development of new versions of Assetto Corsa benefiting from an extremely well-positioned brand in the world market for video games. The fact that the Group already owns the publishing rights of Assetto Corsa for the console version also involves synergies in terms of brand positioning and optimization of advertising investments at a time when the rights are to be held entirely by the Group.

The transaction involves the acquisition by Digital Bros SpA of 100% of the company shares Kunos Simulations Srl, held by the two founders Stefano Casillo and Marco Massarutto being equal, for a total nominal value of Euro 4,341,500 Euros.”

It remains to be seen what this means for the game moving forward
  6. Cherno

Cherno Team Driver Gold Member

Ugh :sick:, doubt this will be a good thing for AC in the long term. A main reason they started Kunos in the first place was to be free of the influence of investors and publishers. At least the PR will improve now lol
  7. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    A post I found on the AC forums off Marcos facebook page

Ok, let's clarify this before it becomes the bigger flame of the year.

By today, Kunos Simulazioni is part of Digital Bros Family, and me and Stefano by today are shareholders of Digital Bros. That's it. We are still the founders of Kunos, we are still IN, also keeping our respective positions and responsabilities, with just few exceptions: the budget we'll manage by now doesn't come anymore from our personal profits, but from Digital Bros, our bigger AC fan. Keeping the same policy, strategies, DNA, development team, goals. So, if this news would not been made public, you couldn't realize that something is changed, because - by a gamer/simracer point of view - nothing is going to change.

The reason why this news comes like a bombshell is because Digital Bros is a listed company, therefore this kind of operation must a) kept confidential until the negotiation is over, b) go public when is done. That's it.

For whom are afraid that today a piece of their simracing world has gone, let me remind them that Digital Bros has published - under its label 505Games - the console version of Assetto Corsa, and it doesn't seem to me that AC on PS4/XB1 is an arcade game: definetely it isn't. Therefore, before to scream in any direction that "Kunos has been bought, The World is Over", please sit down, breath and think. Because the only news you should be interested is that by today, we have more resources, time and power to do our job, even better than before.

So: think easier, live better, stay strong. The Future is Bright.

Have a nice weekend
  8. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

@Peter Wise we have actually had "handi" in one of our servers a while ago and have had a couple of races with him while he was live streaming lol
    Peter Wise likes this.
  9. Cherno

Some good mods out recently for those interested:

Renault Clio III RS (phase II)

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/renault-clio-iii-rs-phase-ii.13518/

Three versions of a stock car with exact same physics to reflect different popular styling options for the car.
    Ringtool - stripped out version with a half roll-cage, adjustable suspension, racing-grade LSD and an option to use slick tyres

Caterham Seven 620R

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/caterham-seven-620r.13387/

Another patch for an existing mod this gives the Caterham much more power like we were begging for when it was originally released. awesome little car.

Ill be on for a bit for some laps later tonight if anyone around. :)
    Anon666 likes this.
  10. Cherno

11. Driftoz

12. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Hey folks! I haven't been on the forums for aaaaages now so I doubt anyone remembers me haha
    Anyway I just got Assetto on PC last night and am setting up my T300 now. Any suggestion for the first car and track I should try out?
    Cheers :)
    KoAStR and Anon666 like this.
  13. Driftoz

all of them lol and then get the DLC and then drive all of them too. but for tracks id say start with something you know.
    SEIDO463 likes this.
  14. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    lol cool ... I bought AC with the 3 dream packs and will probably get the Jap pack soon. There are so many car and track mods ay.....frothing at the mouth.
    I will start with my fav....The Ring
  15. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    A long time ago on a website far away. How are you Seido?
  16. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    lol yea feels like that! Yea goin good mate, thanks. You?
    I think the last time I was on here was when I hosted GTR v 86 races in GT5 just before I moved back to Oz....4+ years ago!
    I just got my PC set up a few weeks ago and am pretty excited! Should of done it a long time ago
    Anon666 likes this.
  17. Mael

Mael Professional

How many times did you crash before finishing your first lap? :D Took me about a week to finish a clean lap!
    SEIDO463 likes this.
  18. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    lol... sounds like fun to me!.... actually I didn't run it yet cos I couldnt map the controls properly.

* Am I missing something or can't we map the keyboard while running a wheel?
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  19. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    You are missing something!
    In the button config menu for wheel schemes there are two columns. Left column is for assigning controller inputs and the right is for keys. The left column won't accept a key assignment and vice versa.
  20. Cherno

I dunno ive tried to map stuff to keyboard in the past for all the f1 buttons and it didnt work. I did it correctly and the default keyboard mapped stuff works so could eb a bit buggy.