Season I - F1 2016 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Aug 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    That's an issue directly related to uploading on the PS4. Copy the video to a USB and upload via PC and you won't have any issues at all. If not, generally a net reset and waiting till the next morning works.
    Hatfield and JonoStan96 like this.
  2. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    I had the same issue. Clear the upload list on the ps4, then try to upload again & it will work fine. I always keep this list clean so I don't have this error anymore.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Due to my PS4 being a pain I'm just going to upload the incidents in question for now. I hope this resolves the issue and/or clears me of any wrong doing, because on my view there isn't even sound to indicate that there was a collision and in my view I'm well ahead in both cases.

Well, after an incident at work resulted in severe pains in my knee when I put pressure on it, I'm certainly glad I sucked it up and took the win I thought I had zero chance of scoring. Suzuka is certainly not one of my favourites, my confidence was shot but I got a glimmer of hope when on both occasions I stuffed up Turn 1 yet was only 3 tenths off pole...

Settling down behind Seth and Benny, I could tell I was much faster than the Merc in the first sector so I tried to stay on the back through sector two where I lost time every lap. But Seth made a meal of Dunlop so I was through. It didn't last long and sure enough we were side by side through 130R, and he was ahead once more. But again, he made a mess of the same corner and I had a run on him up the inside.

I thought with my car being so far ahead he would have backed off due to the corner being so sharp but the collision occurred when I took the normal line into the bend even though on my screen I was a car length ahead and had every right to take the line. And despite accusations and word of mouth otherwise, I would never, ever intend to take out my rival in a championship such as this.

I was shocked to see Benny pull in on lap 4, so it was certain to me he was on a 3 stop. I decided then to stretch the softs as far as I could to mimic my Spain strategy, and finish on mediums. But I lost 3 seconds and a position to Zachery after I pushed it one lap too far, a big mistake. However I was able to catch him for 2nd really fast, as did Warrior who must have had a lot of confidence to take on another set of softs. This was some of the most intense fighting I've had on this game and as bad as it was for my race, I loved it. While Benny pulled away whilst we bashed each other up, he pitted again for mediums, confirming he wasn't going to the end as hards were the compulsory tyre, in hindsight, I'm not so sure the strategy was the best one.

When the SC came out I knew Benny was well and truly screwed, and I picked up another gift when I overtook Warrior in the pits as we both had the same idea, hards to the end. With Benny just ahead on old mediums I rubbed my hands with glee until I saw Zachery on mediums... I knew I had to pass Benny as soon as I could. Unfortunately I was far too impatient, and on the restart, I got a good run out of Spoon and I nerfed myself on the outside of 130R, costing myself several seconds.

That error invited Zachery and Warrior back in, and despite being on dead tyres Benny pulled away while we were busy fighting. I did what I could to prevent Zachery from passing and unfortunately in an incident not dissimilar to Lap 3, he was in that really awkward position on the inside into Spoon and he was compromised. Only to see him DNF 700m up the road.

Benny pulled in for his stop and now I just needed to maintain the gap to Warrior for the win. It was a throwback to GT6 S8 at Spa in the 908, exact same situation. The gap hovered around the one second mark for a number of laps but through gritted teeth at the final chicane (damn missing brake markers) I drove carefully and consistently to take the victory. A gift it might have been, but I haven't received many of those this season so I'll take it. It was just the lift I needed, so on a personal note I'm extremely happy to nab the 25 points. Shoutout to Pringles for scoring his first podium of the season after holding off the fastest driver in the league.

Really looking forward to COTA where another good result will be a huge boost. I should be able to announce a remedy to the tyre rules soon as well.

Cheers, Jono.
    warrior2167 and Hatfield like this.
  4. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  5. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
  6. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    seth123 and warrior2167 like this.
  7. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Alright after some quick testing, we're going back to how it should be done. Open tyres for all!
    Big thanks to those who also tested prior to Suzuka, very much appreciated.
  8. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Zachery likes this.
  9. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    United States Grand Prix Classic Footage

The greatest race of them all, bar none.

Zachery likes this.
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  11. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Setup for Circuit of the Americas (USA) for this week is up - the setup feels great and a solid lap time this week as well on my favourite new generation F1 track.

Hope it helps as always!

nigegunz and JonoStan96 like this.
  12. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    US Grand Prix Driver's Briefing.

[​IMG]

4 to go. We arrive at a track which we don't get to visit very often in the world of sim racing, COTA. One of Tilke's better designs, it features copies of several famous sections from famous tracks.

In terms of difficulty, Turn 1 Lap 1 might prove to be the trickiest of the year, even more so than Monaco. The steep climb, extremely wide entry and tight apex could easily result in an incident. However we have been very good recently with lap 1 so I hope we can maintain the cleanliness.

Another important note is that the tyre rules have been relaxed, so you are free to start on whichever tyre you want again, as a result of the 1.08 patch.

Numbers have taken a bit of a dive recently which is a shame, I thought we could have had a 22 car grid by the end of the season. Let's hope we have a big turnout tonight for @Zachery's final race before retiring (for the time being!).
  13. Pringles_947

Pringles_947 Team Driver Gold Member

I won't be able to make it tonight =[ Have a good race!
  14. Toranafan-02

Toranafan-02 Team Driver

PSN ID
    SIR_Tyson_02 PS4. deadman024 PS3.
    HAHAH game froze on lap 2, ill let you know if im racing next week or not.
  15. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Had a good fun race. First dsc. It happens.
  16. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    We were havin a good scrap. I got bored after that and ran into a wall lol.
    Toranafan-02 and Knuckles like this.
  17. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

which wall? if you're retiring mate you night get it named after you
    razor4797 and Beau_Albert like this.
  18. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

We'll have to place some flowers in front of that wall.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  19. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    It was literally right infront of my pit box. Fitting really.

Oh and nige i owe you an apology. Think i cut your nose off at t1?
  20. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I'll have my pole lap and video up tomorrow.

What a marvellous race that was, even though I lost what could have been a win, and dropped a place to 3rd it was a real thriller.

The safety car really changed the game, as suddenly one stops were on the cards. I couldn't shake the pack so Benny passed me in the pits which was a shame. At this stage I was still commited to a 2 stop, but had to hold out as I knew Seth would go S/M. I did overtake Benny at one stage but soon enough he was back past in an unfortunate situation where (this is going to sound stupid) my younger sister stormed in my room offering me tim tams and blocked the left half of the screen, safe to say I wasn't going to move blind and Benny was through. His perfect telepathic move netted him an awesome win, as I had no answer to the insane straight line speed. Beautifully done mate.

I'm kicking myself for the corner cut in the esses, 3 points down the drain.
    Not very keen on Mexico next week, the new version is such an awful abominaion from start to finish.
    razor4797 and its-benny-racer like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.