ASSETTO CORSA Season 10: Ahh, Porsche It! (Get up on this...911)

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Feb 1, 2017.

1. bbhrt

bbhrt New Recruit

is there a password for the server?
  2. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

pitconfig opened a menu in sidekick and killed my fps... which was bad enough as it was.
    Will have to see if I can afford pc upgrade this month instead of next.
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Get yourself on discord. The pw is given out there
  4. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    http://simresults.net/170213-FF0
    Well that was a tough gig. I am sweating out of every pore. WD Shaun. Koastr we are going off positions as of lap 21. The server went bonkers after that and things were undrivable. Let me know if there are any issues.
    The_Spectre likes this.
  5. Mael

Mael Professional

The server was having some hissy fits a bit earlier, my ping was approaching 300 which made close racing tricky. Otherwise great race, need to go and buy a better fuel pump and a bigger rear wing though :)
  6. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Thank you admin! Had a blast tonight :)
    [​IMG]
    R0T0R-AU86, Cherno and The_Spectre like this.
  7. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Last one. Thanks @bencrow- for grabbing this for me :)
    Click the image for FULL SIZE
    [​IMG]
  8. TF22Raptor

TF22Raptor New Recruit

If anyones got a link to the replay of the race somewhere would be much appreciated (and the first race start too if anyones got it I got a flyer), I finished the race as I didn't know what was going on and it just sent me to the next practice session and I couldn't save the race when I left the session, don't know if there is any other way of doing it (saving the file that is)?

Also all the cars in the server were white for me and I didn't have any names turned on so I didn't know who I was racing, not sure if I have to download a ROOZ livery file or something? Had heaps of fun, sorry to whoever it was I gave a bump to into the first turn on lap 1 under brakes on the 2nd race, it caught me up a car length sooner than I expected, you carried on in front of me thankfully.
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
    Cherno likes this.
  9. bencrow-

bencrow- Rookie

PSN ID
    bencrow-
    Heres a couple more
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
  10. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Rodger will points table later this week.
  11. spita84

spita84 Rookie

PSN ID
    buggie_brain
    Lots of fun last night although I need a lot of practice. Turns out you cant jump straight into AC from iRacing.
    I must say starting from the back the big snake of Porchses through lap 1 looked awesome!!!
    Look forward to next week
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  12. Pringles_947

Pringles_947 Team Driver Gold Member

I had a fun race last night! It was great to see so many cars on the grid. In qualifying the only decent flying lap I put in was in middle of the session when the grip was still low. So I was disappointed with 20th on the grid, but looked forward to the race. I managed to get through the whole race without any contact which I was very happy with, especially with first lap incidents, some close racing with @Spidey_11 @Doublevision @Tovey_4saken @tezpez85. Thanks to Spidey's tip on fuel I managed to jump a few positions in the pits to finish a surprising 6th. Looking forward to a big grid next week!
    Cherno and Spidey_11 like this.
  13. Peter Hughes

Peter Hughes New Recruit

Thanks for the racing last night, look forward to next week.
  14. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Great start back to the season, after pretty much having.... 2 months off the wheel!

I did maybe 13-15laps in this car before the race... I was so far off the pace, I didn't know what I was going to do....
    I jumped in the server to have a quick steer about 45mins out from the qualifying and I popped in a 49.5 and had more in it which gave me some confidence that ok, I should be able to make maybe top 5..

Somehow I managed to put it on pole? I was super confused... It wasn't a clean lap at all, however track grip also wasn't at 100%

It was a fairly clean race, In the first few laps I had managed to get past Shaun... I was thinking that was a little too easy... Why???? and in a way I thought I had it in the bag until I realized that I got OUT FOXED by bloody Cherno and Mr Allan towards the end of the race... I knew straight away these sneaky guys knew something that I didn't!!!! I couldn't understand at the start because I had such a lead and was pretty comfortable!!!! Soon after I jumped off, I figured out what it was they did differently...

Very clever guys, Very well done!!! But I am onto you! :p hahha

Still happy to end up 3rd after all that!!!
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
    Spidey_11, KoAStR, Cherno and 3 others like this.
  15. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    so is 43 laps correct?
  16. Cherno

Cherno Team Driver Gold Member

Great stuff last night, was awesome to see such a big grid. I had a terrible quali, didn't time it right, so only got a decent lap in early on when the grip was lower. Was lucky to grab 4th and was pretty happy with that considering.

The start and first lap was terrible for me aswell lost 4 spots quickly dropping to 8th and making love to anons rear end in the process. The next few laps were pretty sketchy too as everyone settled into a rythym. I could see the front guys driving off so got my head down and started to chase down anon stiggy and peter who were up ahead. Mananged to make it past those guys around the midway point and started catching some traffic and was sitting in 3rd,then 2nd, then 1st!.
    I figured the front guys must have pitted so i made sure to run aslong as i could to make the most of the low fuel load. With only a few laps to go on lap 21 I pitted, this allowed Shaun to fly past me in the pits with a solid lead i wasnt going to catch. more concerning was rotor flying up behind me with a gap of less than a second. first lap out on colds tyres was scary trying to hold rotor off and the server was starting to go full retard at that point aswell. i thought i have to pull out an epic lap here or hell have me and managed my best lap of the race on the last lap before we called it to hold of rotor and take 2nd.
    Was really happy with how the race went after a terrible start and have to say thanks to the hto boys especially spidey for his help with getting a strat for the race and seting up the car.

well done to shaun, rotor and my hto boys for a great race.
  17. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    No. I've duffed something there. Will correct it tonight. Think it is more like 18 laps?
    The_Spectre and bencrow- like this.
  18. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    How does 19 sound?
  19. David Brister

David Brister Team Driver

Some great pics of all the cars on the start grid looks amazing.
    I got a fantastic start for the 1st attempt, moved up a good 10 positions only to have the restart, which wasnt as good, by lap 6 i was 30 sec behind in last and i could see the leaders only 30 secs behind me on the live time board, took till lap 11 before i was lapped, and right before i was lapped coming out of the 1st hairpin i i gassed too soon and the car dived right into the wall, i tried to keep it to the right and announced on chat that i was staying right, 1st place got past me ok, but i think who ever was in 2nd went via the dirt around me, sorry about that. i tried to keep out of every bodies way. Apart from laps 13 and 14 which were really bad times, i think i was pretty consistent with 8 laps under the 2min mark, and another 7 laps with in 2m05. my last 6 laps were really good i thought and while every one was complaining about the lag, it seemed to suit my driving style, lol i had fun and thats the main thing.
    Cherno, Spidey_11 and Peter Wise like this.
  20. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

I had heaps of fun and pretty happy to have finished let alone fourth. Was in a good position to attack rotor for the lead but unfortunately both in qualifying and the race I swear there was a magnet between myself and David Brister haha. Just ended up falling over each other a few times which cost me both times. No hard feelings man.

I was confident coming in to the round for a good result after the pace I had shown on the server but with that amount of cars on the track anything can happen!
    Top marks to the blokes with the strategy. It seems the best strategy is to fill it full and short fuel to the end.
    Looking forward to next week, hope its another great turnout.
    Cherno and Spidey_11 like this.