ASSETTO CORSA Season 10: Ahh, Porsche It! (Get up on this...911)

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    Bummed I missed the race :(, Sounded like fun.
    All those cars on the grid look Awesome
  2. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Got a short vid of the first start while I get the highlights vid up :)
    Peter Wise, Anon666 and The_Spectre like this.
  3. Shaun_A

Shaun_A Team Driver Gold Member

Wow, what a race. Whilst my point of view looked quite pedestrian, it felt good to get back in the saddle and even better to pull off a win.

In qually, I couldn't quite piece a decent lap together, but on my last attempt I was so close to grabbing pole only to run out of fuel a little before the line losing some time. It was still good enough for 2nd so was still happy with that.

I started the race very well and took the lead into the first corner and held onto it for a couple of laps. After a couple of laps, Rotor had found his way passed, and a little while after that Ed got passed as well. It felt strange to see them fly passed me and pull away at about .5 seconds a lap. At this point I had realised that they had started with lower fuel and decided I wouldn't push and cruise around. At about the halfway point, both Rotor and Ed had pitted and I cruised on by sticking to my own strategy. Around lap 17 or 18 I decided to pit as I felt I was losing a bit of time due to tyre wear. I sat and watched the live timing to see where Rotor was and to my surprise I had come out in front and by quite a margain, around 15 odd seconds. I did notice that Cherno was out in front, but knew he needed to pit so again, I just drove to a number and cruised around with no issues. A couple of laps after I had pitted, the server began to show signs of giving up the ghost and I was praying that it could last at least until Cherno had pitted so that I could grab first place for at least a lap. Thankfully, Cherno pitted on lap 20 and I cruised passed him and went onto my way for my first win in quite a while.

Congrats to Cherno on 2nd and Rotor on 3rd (bet I won't be able to get you on pit strategy next time).

Bring on the next round.

Cheers,
    Shaun
    Anon666, Spidey_11 and Cherno like this.
  4. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Spidey's race highlight video :)
  5. TF22Raptor

TF22Raptor New Recruit

Great work Spidey, jeepers wasn't I lucky to avoid the carnage in the back chicane on the opening lap!
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  6. David Brister

David Brister Team Driver

spidey whats the name of the dash mod u got running up in the top right?
    And your pit config app whats it called please, i like the smaller look of those over what im running.
  7. bencrow-

bencrow- Rookie

PSN ID
    bencrow-
  8. Pete

Pete Rookie

With the timed races in V1.12 is there any chance one of the races this season gets changed to be timed rather than laps ?
    bencrow-, ed40t and Peter Wise like this.
  9. Shaun_A

Shaun_A Team Driver Gold Member

Would it be possible to have the weight penalties added to the server. I find it pointless for me to practice with no extra weight.

Cheers
    Shaun
  10. QC.

QC. AC Server Legend

Well I had fun until the server died, completely my fault too. I hadn't shut them down the night before for extra credit... should have had enough but ran the extra 15min of practice without thinking about it, would have been just enough :oops:. Will be good to go next race.

No Problem, was kinda waiting for the results tables so I've put ballast based on results at end of lap 21... 3kg-stiggy, 5kg-ED40t 10kg-ROTOR 20kg-Cherno, 30kg for U :p.

For those wanting a fix for hellicorsa not showing all cars, I've got one but it requires editing a value in the python file... sry don't have time to find it right now but will do so by the weekend.

Cheers
  11. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    @TheStig13 is there a chance you could include the SAR livery in a skin zip we could download?

If anyone doesn't know how to install the skins for this season let me know and I'll walk you through it via discord or a message on here
  12. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Love all the write-ups and positive feedback so far from round one. I was really worried we'd have more issues with such a big room, but mostly things ran ok until the server crapped out - which won't happen again now we know the issue. Speaking of which, I know not everyone has a mic, but it is worth considering a set of headphones at least so you can hear what's being said on discord. Even with 25+ people there is very little chatter during the race that isn't relevant and I don't find it distracting, even when @krunch or @R0T0R-AU86 are banging on about VW's or people turning in on them...again?!?! Sorry Krunchy, couldn't help myself...

Finally, 32 official starters has to be a record for ROOZ for the biggest grid at a league race - waits to be corrected. Obviously PC gaming is the only chance we'll have to get these sorts of numbers, but PC gaming is also the smallest section on the forum, so I think it's pretty bloody awesome! Please get your asses to the grid on Monday, and let's sneak that mark a little closer to 40!
  13. Seanus

Seanus New Recruit

Crosspost from team conversation.
  14. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Sorry Seanus, thought I answered it in the PM, but must not have pressed the reply button?? Yes you can, but everyone needs to have downloaded the file and QC has to put it up on the server in order for you to see it. Plus if you have the skills I'll take 666!!!
  15. Seanus

Seanus New Recruit

Took the liberty and knocked up some new race and license plates for all Team Gamesmen cars.
    Skins can be downloaded from my Google Drive here.
    Hope it's to everyones liking, if not let me know.
    If it's all good could QC please load these on the server?
    Peter Wise likes this.
  16. Seanus

Seanus New Recruit

We have the number of the Beast 666
    The true number of the Beast 616
    and the neighbour of the Beast 668
    :devilish:
    other numbers taken from user names and random Porsche numbers.
  17. Casper

Casper Rookie

Hello gents. Obviously I am not racing in the league but have to agree with Anon about the write ups and videos being posted. It's great to still be able to catch-up on what's happening with the Monday night ROOZ races. Looks like your all having a blast :thumbsup:
    Cherno, Spidey_11 and Anon666 like this.
  18. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    So..could not get any sleep tonight (well today by now) and long story short I created custom pit crew suits and pit boards for all the teams I made sure to not refrence car or season so these skins can be reused in later seasons with ease...no more plain boring pit guy (ps have fixed up the hi tec skin since photo) :thumbsup: https://www.mediafire.com/?h3g1tczebtq6l00 just paste in AC folder if lost follow readme in zip folder
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Doublevision, krunch, Cherno and 7 others like this.
  19. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

decided to upgrade my pc after the fps hit last weekend with so many ppl.
    Really happy with it now, tested with 35 bots at spa and my fps held at 45 (Rift)
    So far with 15ppl I've still got it nicely at 89-90fps.
    Bring on Monday :D
  20. QC.

QC. AC Server Legend

Happy to do this but....you'll need to make nice and easy for me;).
    For each driver use following folder name.
    ROOZ_steamname
    where 'steamname' is ofc the drivers steam name, I'd rather not have to search the forum for everyone's numbers.
    Also, try to get everyone's skins together (including the generic team skin) and get Anon to put a link in the OP so I know whats 'up to date'.

@David Brister and anyone who had 'invisible' cars in Hellicorsa
    I had a quick look and it seems the new version of Hellicorsa is auto detecting the number of vehicles??? I suggest downloading/installing it again. If this doesn't work let me know.
    Or (in the older version) open the helicorsa.py file, find the line
    carIds = range(1, X, 1)
    where X is the number of visible cars, I had mine set to 40.

cheers