Season I - F1 2016 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Aug 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pringles_947

Pringles_947 Team Driver Gold Member

I think tonight's race is tonight, and tomorrow's race is tomorrow. I don't see a problem :laugh:
    Unfortunately I'm unable to make it tonight and probably not for the rest of the season :( I'll let you know if that changes though.
  2. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    yep fast and loose is the way to go... for TT times, but its not easy to be consistent
  3. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    lol fast and loose :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Sorry, ill stop being 12 now. thats @Viperzed 's territory
    seth123 likes this.
  4. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Like with most circuits, good corner exit is always a primary focus for my setup. A lot of time can be gained here by just being able to get on the throttle early onto the 2 long straights. With some setups I've tried the car tends to oversteer out of the last turn which has a major cost to top speed at the end of the straight.
  5. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Sorry guys, I can't make it tonight. Have fun.
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    you're a funny kiwi
    seth123 and JonoStan96 like this.
  7. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

You know what it is like Thursday prac for the friday enduro
    Pringles_947 likes this.
  8. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    yeah back off m8
    Kieran_B33 and Zachery like this.
  9. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    I'm bored and this'll be my last chance to race all season so i'll slot in if there is a spot somewhere; or HAAS. Whatever floats ya'll goats. :thumbsup:
    Hatfield likes this.
  10. X-WTF_MAN-X

X-WTF_MAN-X Team Driver

PSN ID
    X-WTF_MAN-X
    i cant make it tonight either sorry, have fun guys
  11. Toranafan-02

Toranafan-02 Team Driver

PSN ID
    SIR_Tyson_02 PS4. deadman024 PS3.
    Well that brings my season 1 run to an end good luck everyone see youse in season 2
  12. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    That moment when Trump builds a wall in your Fuel Tank :(
    Good racing all, had a few scraps which was good fun. Got lucky with the VSC which put me into net. P3 but luck was only on my side for 99.9% of the race!!
    Got a good view of the T1 shenanigans which i'll upload soon :thumbsup:
    Have a good fight to the end guys, wish i could race and try to play spoiler but starting work full time :( Good luck and let the best man win!
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  13. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

One of favorite tracks. Best qually, good start, happy cruising round in third... @_€&!## puncture at beginning of lap i was pitting. Extra pitstop for crack at FL. Come out and have to slow for leaders. Who said F1 is not eventful and boring.
  14. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

That was some serious racing there.
    The 1st corner shenanigans set me back a bit but fortunately I managed to get clear without any damage. Managed to get back in contention during the rest of the 1st stint then it was a close back and forth battle to the end.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  15. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Had an extremely fun race tonight.
    It really is a good feeling to be gaining on guys like @The_Spectre , @Beau_Albert & @Motors560 while on the same compound.
    after binning it in qualifying to start last, I avoided the T1 drama and picked up a few spots.
    I was 1.6s behind spectre for much of the first stint but lost some time with the pitstop.
    When @JonoStan96 caught me he went down the inside of T1 but I held the outside to go side by side into T2.
    He still had the inside for T3 so got a better run down the straight. I broke early but not early enough for T4 and took off my wing on his rear (sorry)
    luckily for me at the same corner @razor4797 had a big moment and caused a VSC which allowed me to pit on lap 20 with minimal time loss for a wing change.
    Came home a satisfying 6th!
  16. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Qualifying: P5 (S) I wasn’t the only one going for a start on the Softs, , my lap was a bit scruff and could have been a few tenths better, but I qualified roughly where I expected to.

Race: P4 (S-M-S) I got away really well and closed up on knuckles ahead into turn 1, being on the left we took the outside around the corner but then Knuckles ahead got pinched by the traffic that was on the right diving towards to T2 and he stopped right in front of me and I had nowhere to go but into the back of him and damage my front wing. I ran the remainder of my first stint with a damaged wing and struggling big time through the esses section, slowly losing time to Beau ahead and Hat coming up behind. Pitted for mediums on lap 11 and came out right behind Jono, and thus began our battle for the rest of the race. I passed him a lap later under DRS but then he returned the favor a couple laps later.

I pursued jono within a second for a number of laps but every time I'd line up for a DRS pass he was approaching another car ahead which nullified my attempts. At the second VSC we both dived into the pits for fresh softs to get us to the end and I set off in pursuit again a couple seconds back. I was told my engine was worn and down on power so I couldn’t really make much of a dent in his lead so just maintained the gap towards the finish line in P5. With about 5 laps to go I noticed jono closing in on Beau, so I turned up the engine and pushed hoping that their battle would slow them down enough for me to catch up. Jono ultimately got passed Beau and I was closing up on Beau in the last lap, when he ran out of fuel literally on the final corner and I passed him to burgle P4.
    JonoStan96 and Beau_Albert like this.
  17. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Did the engineer scream with a lap and a half remaining 1 lap of fuel left? I had plus 50 at the time and freaked out.
    Viperzed likes this.
  18. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Nah, my engineer was content on giving me the gap to Jono every 3 Corners. Even when he was within a car length o_O
  19. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    First off i have no idea how i got pole especially since i had only done 8 practice laps just before qualifying. So i managed to tick all my objectives of Pole,Win and fastest lap within the season so that a plus.
    I don't even want to talk about the disastrous race that ensued. Started on pole got away ok and lead the first lap but for some reason i felt like i was driving rallycross on ice more than F1. I was all over the place and sure enough Jono went into the lead on lap 2 only for me to run straight up his gearbox and gain an orange front wing (100% my fault). Because i was so much slower in the final 2 sectors i ended up pitting on lap 4 to put on the soft compound tyre and fix the front wing.
    Ok second stint until i got the most BS pit lane penalty ever, My speedo was on 80kph and was green when i crossed the line but i got a penalty anyway. I so very nearly quit right then and their but i persevered hoping maybe just maybe i could get some points. Ended up having to ultra save medium tyres near the end and sure enough with 2 corners left the right front tyre on 72% went BANG and i lost 7th. Keep in mind my left front tyre was on 82% so that makes sense Codemasters.
    I have to be honest the more i play this game the more i'm starting to dislike it. I get to frustrated racing on this game now because i don't feel i can race the way i would normally race. I'm not sure if you'll see me back for the final 2 races i'm just so frustrated with how inconsistent this game is on occasion. Don't get me wrong i enjoy racing with you guys but this game is doing my head in.
    The_Spectre and JonoStan96 like this.
  20. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

You'll be back. Just remember. Its only a game.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.