Season 12 - Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Dec 8, 2016.

1. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167

I do think the 25 second penalty is harsh, but it was clearly mentioned beforehand. Hat puts a lot of time into this, we can all at least follow his instructions.
  2. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    Had quite a sloppy qualy and ran out of time to retry with a new set of tyres. Started the race mid-pack and made up all my positions at T1 by luckily avoiding a small pile up but the top 3 were already pulling away. Saw some action battling @AUSnicko9 until the pitstops and then had a somewhat lonely race to the end.
    As expected, congrats to @warrior2167 for a strong come back this week, well done @MINT_GTR for putting up a great fight to the finish and to @ssman244 for rounding out the podium!
    MINT_GTR likes this.
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Wow judging from that video my lag isn't safe at all. No wonder cars were ping ponging off me.
  4. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
  5. holdenman05

holdenman05 Team Driver

PSN ID
    holdenman05
    i only saw it ahead with you and bmw and coupla corners b4 disconnect, a lag spike caused turn 1 chaos by the looks near the front of the pack
  6. AUSnicko9

AUSnicko9 Professional

PSN ID
    aussie_nicko
    Was somewhat surprised with the pace I rushed to muster which gifted me a P5 start for the race. Had some exciting battles with @B-Spec Bob for about 3-4 laps running door-to-door most of it. Unfortunately I clipped the wall on the exit of T1 at about half race distance which just ended it for me. Amazing pace by the top 3 and well done to Dave on the win.

Cheers guys. :thumbsup:
    B-Spec Bob and MINT_GTR like this.
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    looks like a lot of cars were moving around in that replay... not just you
  8. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    My bad. Last night my connection wasn't its usual self. The first attempt at a race start ended in a whole room disconnect at T1/T2 Lap 1. Had to downgrade room to 3 stars to make it work. 3 star rooms mean more jerky movement.
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    DRIVER BRIEFING R3 - Brands Hatch Indy - SPRINT ROUND
    WEAR - REAL
    RACE 1 - 29 Laps
    RACE 2 - 29 Laps

[​IMG]

Please read the following carefully and 'like' it when you have read and understood it.

REVERSE GRID PROCEDURE :
    - At the end of the first race, positions will be recorded
    - Room will be set to reverse grid
    - If after the race we have any Dsc's who were not last, we will set the room to fastest first and line-up in order on track prior to starting the race

SPRINT ROUND POINTS : (same as has always run ;))
    Race 1 will be full points based on where you finish
    Race 2 will be 1/2 points
    Points will be added for each race to determine final standings. (then normal point structure will apply)
    POLE point will be awarded for race 1
    Fastest lap point will be awarded for fastest on the night.

TRACK LIMITS : As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. We all make a mistake or 2, but if you are caught "continually and obviously" running outside the track limits to gain advantage you will be penalized by the stewards group.
    (But I am sure there isn't anywhere for this to actually happen here)

CONTACT : CONTACT IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front, and gain an advantage you MUST REDRESS and give the place back. Failure to do so could result in a penalty from the stewards group.

PASSING : Is VERY tough to pass here. Use your heads ! If a car pulls along side you are EXPECTED to give racing room. Contact in being aggressive trying to defend will be looked at, better to give room and continue the fight. DONT dive bomb with a crazy pass. ;).

SWERVING : You are NOT permitted to swerve from side to side on the straights. Drivers may only change direction ONCE on corner entry.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Dont need to be a rocket scientist to know that you cant win the race in the first corner, but you sure as hell can lose it for yourself and / or ruin another drivers races by either being too aggressive OR too defensive into T1. Use your brains here lads and give room to those around you. Back half of the grid need to brake a little earlier and not cause chaos with kamikazee passes.The reverse grid race will be a real test for everyone with the fast guys looking to get through. Been some great racing so far, will be interested to see how everyone handles this.

PIT LINES : Being a sprint round, there will probably not be a need to pit. However, if you do feel the need for a pitstop, please take the correct entry (max 2 wheels over the unbroken white lines either side on the pathway into the pits) and on exit, you may not cut the exit line AT ALL

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. With the circuit being so short, there is slightly more chance of blue flags coming into play, so you should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will be using the new stewards group for racing infringements and protests. Many thanks to the guys who have put their hands up to volunteer. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

QUITTING : This is something that has been here for as long as we have run leagues, but we are looking to implement a slightly stricter interpretation of this rule. outlined below.....
    1. If you quit the race room you will receive 0 points and you cant use as drop round.
    2. If you park up in the pits for the race (have to stop etc) you will get last place and CAN use as drop round. (if more than one, then points in the order they park up)
    3. If you DSC you will finish behind the last place driver, but in front of those who have 'parked up' if you completed more laps.
    If the Stewards Group have reason to believe the DSC is a 'sneaky quit" the rule 1 above will apply.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY ! : Please remember to save your replay after the race. If you want to protest anything, we can only act on the info we have in front of us, failure to do so will not enable us to view things from your game perspective, and with some of the issues we have seen, this could have a massive influence on how the stewards group will view and rule on any incident.

Shamelessly copied from @stucar17 and edited accordingly
  10. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    The Pub's been my watering hole for years...

I love the Pub. I live at the Pub. I buy drinks at the Pub, and I promote the Pub to my friends.

Patrons are the lifeblood of all pubs.

Why threaten and speak condescendingly to the patrons?
    Half-Byte and emmo46 like this.
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  12. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    @Bryan_F @Jaycie Ok so I'll take 6th this week, you guys decide who's 5/7th for Brands/Spa, I've got 7th in Indy so I'll take 5th for SSR5. Sound good to you guys?
    incey, Jaycie and Crunch like this.
  13. holdenman05

holdenman05 Team Driver

PSN ID
    holdenman05
    and ill take last, the calibre of div 1 this season is extremely high, well done you lot keep it up
  14. Jaycie

Jaycie Rookie

PSN ID
    Jay-R51
    Shall we start our own team -MPM - Mid Pack Marauders :D
    StigsTC likes this.
  15. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
  16. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Round 3 Lap Times
    Race 1
    [​IMG]

Russell 0:41.220

Race 2
    [​IMG]

Jono 0:41.523
    MINT_GTR, Jaycie and StigsTC like this.
  17. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    I'm not sure if my fastest laps being genuinely good enough for 3rd after what I thought was a miracle in QP, makes me happier or sadder considering how the races went down.
  18. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Still debating with myself why in god's name this track was chosen at all, let alone for the sprint round, that was probably the least amount of fun I've had racing on a Sunday night since the Pozzi.

Hopefully after the F1 finale I can get a bit more practice in for the remainder rounds, love Spa and the wet so lets just get over this one.

Huge congrats to @MINT_GTR, first win in Div 1 for nearly 3 years!
    MINT_GTR, warrior2167 and Jaycie like this.
  19. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    To be fair he's been a bit busy in the meantime, but more importantly it shows you he hasn't lost his touch. The fact he can still win races against the ever dominant Warrior is highly indicative of a seriously adaptable driver to be able to swap between real life and GT6 so damn flawlessly.
    MINT_GTR and warrior2167 like this.
  20. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Well for me it's more to do with the sheer amount of 2nd places he had before winning GTA, he deserves a hell of a lot more than 2 overall GTLOZ wins that's for sure.
    MINT_GTR, StigsTC and Crunch like this.