Season I - F1 2016 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Aug 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

3rd race for me in the manor (ss-m-m) & p8 with a pb in qually has me alongside @Bryan_F with @seth123 right in front....
    (clearly im putting the pressure on my teamie @Hatfield. something about a wheel issue last time out in Suzuka qually & this time he bins it in qually again!)
    got a great start, as did Seth who pulls to the right of @its-benny-racer who got a poor getaway, i follow Seth to stay in his tow & then he slows alongside Benny! (lag maybe?) i couldve put the championship into chaos!!
    a ferrari running wide & then spinning into t3, i take avoidance & just tap @Beau_Albert on my left & that sends me around for a half spin, recovering to p12 behind my manor teamie aka cHeATFIELD (for those who missed the action last night in Tokyo)
    plenty of action thru the final turn first time round, Bry recovering to the pits, Hat sideways with @X_Gregory33_X right on his tail.. im trying to stay in the tow.. Bry with a fantastic foam board explosion as he disappears into the pits.. Hat defends well into t1 & 2 but then contact from X-Greg knocks himself out on the left & i trail Hat once more in p9
    i decided to go with 2 medium stints so i could just enjoy the drive, hit my markers & not worry about tyre wear. the esses in the manor on old tyres is not fun!
    make up a couple more places when @Knuckles & @Motors560 strike trouble & im home for p7
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  3. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Am I missing something?
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    @Motors560 and Sauber should be ranked 6th due to his Baku win but it's all good. @Knuckles got the fastest lap on the last lap of the race.
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  6. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  7. JonoStan96

PSN ID

An extremely frustrating race, after the "incident", I felt for sure I was going to be on the top two steps after one of my best laps in qualifying of the season.

Motors was too quick on lap 1 so I couldn't streak away as planned, but I passed him anyway on the main straight. Unfortunately Seth passed him too, and he was all over me through the esses. I made a meal of the last left hander so I backed off, giving Seth a run. Naturally defending the inside, we were side by side through the corner, all of a sudden, WHAM! I was facing the wrong way with several cars plowing into my ghost. It was a bloody stupid incident and I was furious. The spin overall cost me over 20 seconds. I eagerly await Seth's POV.

From that point on I just buckled up and went hell for leather, hoping a Safety Car would bring me back into play but it never arrived. I had a lot of fun charging through the field, especially the battle with Spectre which I was fortunate to benefit from. To go from 12th to 3rd, I was extremely satisfied. To lose no time at all to the leaders despite having to overtake a lot of cars was rewarding. Shoutout to Hat on an excellent 6th place. And to Beau for running out of fuel and gifting me a podium after my penalty!

Can't wait for Brazil, one of the best tracks on the calendar.
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    Hatfield and The_Spectre like this.
  8. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ok I have fixed on my end but won't repost until next weeks results
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  9. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    lol at the mario sounds and the GOTIM YESS!!
  10. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    You'll like my Belgium video then, that one is exclusively Mario Kart lol.
  11. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

12. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    I was going to run this helmet at Suzuka; which was the location of my very first League Race ever but that didn't eventuate, so as last night was the final time i'll ever run in an F1 Console League, which is where it all started for me, i wanted to run an identical helmet to the one i made my League Debut in, my first win and my first ever Championship. Thankfully F12016 allowed me to create a perfect replication.
    [​IMG]

Here is how the race went down from my perspective:
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  13. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Had a good chuckle at 7:13, the only practice I did this week was about 5 laps before the lobby opened :roflmao: Work life doesn't allow for bulk practice anymore :(

I did think I had seen that helmet before, but couldn't for the life of me work out where... I hope you had fun on your last console F1 race mate.
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  14. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  15. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    @Motors560 You still have not uploaded your pole position lap to youtube. Are you able to?
  16. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Hey mate so sorry, I've been insanely busy these past couple of days. I've been having issues with uploading the video to youtube i've done it twice and it hasn't worked so i've put the video on an old twitter page of mine. If that isn't good enough i'll try again later tonight if i have time.
    https://twitter.com/Motorsports560/status/832514250190893056
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  17. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Beautiful, glad you could get it uploaded :)
    Motors560 likes this.
  18. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  19. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  20. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    My season summed up by Top Gear "Ambitious But Rubbish".
    Qualified 9th which was a little bit average but my lap on the mediums was terrible so i was surprised i was that high up. Had a great start. Jumped whoever was 8th and Jono decided he didn't want to start. One of the Williams ran wide and i ended up 6th onto the first straight until one of the McLaren's forgot i was on the outside of him and i ended up with the biggest tank slapper i've had in F1 2016. I honestly don't know how i saved it. I was borderline out of control and managed to just hold it. Also well done to everyone behind for not running me over i know if that was a 3 lap sprint race i would have been screwed but anyway.

Got into a groove and coming in for the first stop and guess what my downfall in some races this season. SPEEDING. Yep caught on 96k's in an 80k pit lane. I had practice the approach but hadn't taken into consideration the heavy fuel load and the worn off tyres which locked me into a skid i simply couldn't slow down. Anyway i didn't feel to bad i knew a safety car would get me back into the game. If it ever came out. Which it didn't.

On the second stint i was hunting down @Knuckles and simply misjudged how early he broke due to him being on worn tyres and myself being on fresh rubber and i ended up spun around with front wing damage (again 100% my fault).

And than just to rub salt into the wound 1 lap after i'd set the fastest time of the race at a 11.9 the NBN gods decided they didn't want to work anymore and DSC me out of the game. It's pretty much been my luck this season.

P.S can someone confirm if i got fastest lap
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.