ASSETTO CORSA Season 10: Ahh, Porsche It! (Get up on this...911)

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Feb 1, 2017.

1. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
  2. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

3. Pringles_947

Pringles_947 Team Driver Gold Member

Sorry lads! I won't be able to make it tonight =[ Stuck at uni :(
  4. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  5. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
  6. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

Another great race fellas. Good to see PRT on the top step! Props to spidey, good result man, looking forward to your video!
    My race was pretty average with a crappy start and then contact with my team mate DV spewing!:(
    I was sitting comfortably in a groove and then had an issue with my wheel setup and the brake pedal moved forward and ended up having a big crash with more damage -DOH. Didn't take tyres and popped out in the top 10 and had a great battle with Ben. Glad to end top 10.
    Looking forward to next week. Cheers.
    Anon666, Rolz and Spidey_11 like this.
  7. Ben787

Ben787 Rookie

Stoked with 6th! Was behind Koaster until first pit and attempted to do a undercut but lost positions so pit entry must have been bad. Really happy with my racing: was defensive behind Koaster and no taps, but to pass need to get closer. Just not game - don't know you guys stay so close and not tap. Came out neck and neck with ED40T that looked to have a crashed up car so had good pace and managed to bring it home. Thanks for putting the racing on.
  8. Mael

Mael Professional

Great race fellows.

Was a bit upset after being bumped off at T1 at the start but ended up having good battles with Cherno, Rover and a number of other drivers but just too slow to compete with the big boys :alien:
  9. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Finally showed a bit of pace and qualified just outside the top 10. Got off to a bit of a slow start and got swamped through the first few corners but didnt take any hits, was making up a few spots after that and hopeful of a top 10 finish until @Spidey_11 missed his brake marker behind me and speared us both off at Stowe and dropped down to P24 I think.

Had a few good battles along the way recovering from there to finish P14 and cheers to Spidey for handing me back a position on the 2nd last lap, unfortunately it ended up costing him 2 as @Peter Hughes snuck past him as well.
  10. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Good to see you back on track mate, and with great pace. Nice racing.

Saw alot of epic battles tonight WD all.

Pretty happy with the end result considering ballast but really struggled in the opening laps loosing some positions.
    Settled down a bit as the grid spread out and my frame rate lifted - had some fun racing. Stretched my pit out from planned by one lap and really happy with the entry (it was tricky and potentially disastrous!). Then again struggled to nail apex's with the full fuel load. Started feeling comfortable in the car once fuel had burned off to about 50L and then a fun race home tussling with Stiggy. Was matching practice pace in the end and the setup we developed amongst the team felt great.

Good result for TTB looks like we are turning it around. More wheels on the start grid always helps with that :) Keep it going lads.

Cheers all. :thumbsup:
  11. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    That bloody 'leader last lap' schenanigans..... caught me out good, but not as good as @spita84 :) (has it been long enough that we can laugh at it now) haha.
    @The_Spectre sorry for missing my brake marker and using you instead, I think I was looking at fuel or tyre wear and definitely not the road.
    Spidey cam will have my race highlights up on Wednesday so I won't do a full write up now. Cheers
    Anon666 and spita84 like this.
  12. TF22Raptor

TF22Raptor New Recruit

Thanks for the good race early on Rotor, Koaster and Ed40, had good battle there Rotor very clean I was happy with qualifying P4 but I got boxed in coming out of T1 and the car in front Terry I think was rubber banding on me a little bit so I backed off a bit and lost quite a few positions and then was with you guys I got back to P3 or 4, then when I came into the pits on lap 16 I hadn’t done a proper fast practice pit stop and got launched on the ramp and over shot by 2 bays, tried backing up but couldn’t so had to do the walk of shame, drive around again and pit again, I put 50L in and came out with in 7th, but then I got to the 2nd last lap and was going to run out of fuel so had to pit yet again 3rd stop and my pitconfig wasn’t setup for a splash and go so another 50L went in, finished in P14, will do a full practice race simulation for next round for sure and will setup a splash go scenario in pitconfig, despite that was great fun slowly getting used to AC and all the variables really enjoying it.
    Anon666, R0T0R-AU86 and Spidey_11 like this.
  13. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Sounds like you woulda benefited with some sort of track guide from some lazy spidey dude...... which never got done this week.
    Lol
    TF22Raptor likes this.
  14. Shaun_A

Shaun_A Team Driver Gold Member

So that was an interesting race and just looking at the race positions shows how bizarre it was.

Going into qualy there was a hint that my game was causing something strange to happen. This was that I was actually going much faster than what my time was suggesting. I had the worst qualy of my life, focusing too much on what was going on and ended up 14th. Woohoo.

Started the race and got a much better start than everyone else and began clawing back positions. This is where my glitch was truly coming into effect when I would be able to easily overtake everyone and pull away. I knew something wasn't right and continued around at a cruising pace, but was somehow still gaining over 2 seconds a lap on Rolz, sometimes even 5 seconds. It turned out that whilst the game was saying I was doing 1:27 lap times, in reality I was doing lap times in the 1:24s. Because of this my race was quite boring and lack luster, finishing a mere 40 seconds in front.

Looking at the race results, the server has me not leading a single lap, until I magically jump to first on the finish lineo_O. The server seemed to have placed me in a somewhat decent position throughout the whole race, with me finishing 9th before the jump to first. Regardless of what happened tonight, I don't find it fair to take this win, as it was a win due to some glitch in the game. Because of this, I will be taking this as a drop round, it just depends on if I take the 9th or the DQ.

Anyway, congrats to Rolz on taking the win and to Rotor and Koaster on rounding out the top 3. Seems like this gives Rotor a favourable position in the championship. I will also shout out Stiggy who had terrible runs in practice, thinking he was Ken Block, but came out in 4th position. Great result.

Unfortunately twitch hadn't saved my stream, otherwise I could have shown what was happening on my end.

Cheers,
    Shaun
  15. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Bizarre indeed how unfortunate.

It pains me to say but reviewing the timing data from practice through out the week, quali and race it is evident it is all consistent with Shaun finishing 9th, and that somehow relative positional tracking during the race has been offset from this, with anomalies in the results consistent with the server attempting to reconcile this offset at the end.

Shaun and I were unable to replicate the alleged glitch in a couple of post race sessions. However it did prove we were very evenly matched, which did not appear the case during the race session, but again is more consistent with timing data from various sessions prior.

The final race splits are also consistent with this placing if you view the ± as meaning negative (noting the change to just + part way down the order).

So given there is consistent evidence for this including the experience explained by Shaun I am happy to adjust Shaun's placing to 9th and the rest of the results accordingly if there are no objections.
    Anon666, Shaun_A and Rolz like this.
  16. spita84

spita84 Rookie

PSN ID
    buggie_brain
    English: There is a fault....
    Spidey_11 and KoAStR like this.
  17. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Best racer ever for me! :D Massive shout out to Krunch and KoAStR for a team effort in testing and providing a very sweet and balanced setup.

Qual was just get some clean air and see how I go was happy with result.

Race, those 3 ppl starts are intense! Started well got a slight shunt on T1, but held it... I wasn't sure if I had braked too soon, but first few laps I'm always a bit over cautious getting used to track grip and nervous butterflies :confused:
    Then it was just knuckle down and race, I was on the lookout where Shaun was and I could see him flying up the table in ptracker, got to me and just blew me away... once again I felt like I was driving Miss Daisy :roflmao: Nothing I could do so I just decided to hold position and do the best I could.
    Came in at the end of lap 15 to pit and felt good... after a few laps after the pits I was still down in 7th or so and I was wondering what I might have done wrong in my pit strategy as I wasn't making the places, but it looked like people decided to run longer in the first stint than what I'd decided to do...
    Had a really good tussle with Stiggy, position changed a few times and then was patient enough to choose a better spot to pass and it worked with keeping position.
    Now to see if I could catch R0T0R, I wasn't hopeful as he felt ages away, was fortunate enough that a backmarker didn't seem to see blue flag and this slowed down R0T0R enough for me to make some ground. I sort of also got slightly hampered by the backmarker (we need to emphasis what blue flag means I think).
    Anyway I could see I was catching R0T0R and guessed he hadn't changed tires in the pits - had a great tussle again, was lucky not to collide when I missed a break marker (tip - don't use the discolourations on the raceline as break points), still a good swerve, kudos to R0T0R for noticing and also doing some avoidance.
    Lack of grip for R0T0R in the end was what gave me the opportunity to pass him.
    Stoked with result due to the quality of the racing field we have here.
    Once again also amazed we had 28 starters... that's just brilliant :)
  18. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Well Done Rolz! :)

And to Kosatr for topping the podium!

It is a shame with Shaun's glitch! If that is the case, I don't want to be leading the championship like that.. Ill take a penalty too! hahah :p

Well the race.. I really came into this round feeling I was really lacking pace... Non Kunos Tracks don't bed well with me.. however somehow I don't know how I manage to find something to at least be competitive! I had a really bad qualifying yet again!!!! I am came in P9 4 and a bit tenths down which I was up and binned it, and would of been closer to the front row!

I thought oh well, damage control and put on a race for the live stream! :p haha

I got off to a decent start and made a few passes, until T5? I had a MASSIVE snap oversteer and just saved it! Lost two places then had to fight back... After lap two I was in P5, and I ended up having a few laps of wheel to wheel racing with Raptor! Awesome fun, you did well mate under the pressure! For some reason I thought you where Koastr! :)

By lap 17 I got into the lead, and had a pit stop on lap 18... I deiced since there wasn't many turns, I had to risk a no tyre change! And it paid off! I was 4 seconds clear of Rolz... I was managing to keep pace, but heading towards the end of the race I came up against a back marker (i don't know who it was but same person that held up Kosatr) was trying to race me..... I lost so much time, and possibly the race with this... This is a reminder to all, if you are not racing that car and they are clearly quicker just move to the side please....

By this time, my tyres where pretty much gone and Rolz was coming fast now... I tired my best to hold and gave me a scare with which looked like a dive!!! LOL but missing brake makers is all good, I know it's a art to pick your makers while being close behind! In the end Rolz just had it over me and I couldn't hold it! Congrats again mate! well done!

You can see my Warmup (BAD, lol), quail and the full race on my youtube gaming channel.

Peter Wise, KoAStR, krunch and 2 others like this.
  19. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Do you guys do reverse grid for the 2nd race of a sprint round?
  20. Mael

Mael Professional

Maybe an idea to report Shaun_A problems to Kunos on the official forums.
    Rolz likes this.