ASSETTO CORSA Season 10: Ahh, Porsche It! (Get up on this...911)

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Worth discussing?
    Agree, but need to somehow replicate it or prove in the logs something "weird" was going on
    The_Spectre likes this.
  2. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
  3. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    In the PCars league, which couldnt do auto reverse grids, we would just add 1 to the lap count and do a formation lap where everyone goes slow and gets sorted into their positions and the race begins with a rolling start from the last corner. Granted this was a little easier with a 10-16 car grid, as opposed to 30, but it seemed to work out fine
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  4. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    The main reason we haven't done reverse grids is the mucking around involved. If it can be done quickly and easily then we'll implement it. At this point it will be 10 min qual, race 1, then 10 min qual and race 2. We will check out the grid manager app though.

Unlucky Shaun. 9th seems like a fair option K.
    Rolz and The_Spectre like this.
  5. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Also reverse grid is a bit of double jeopardy for guys carrying ballast.

Thanks will post results on that basis tonight.
    Rolz likes this.
  6. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    My thoughts reverse grid based on Race 1 results... No qualifying, just straight into race 2. If the guys with ballast are still quick enough to win, they are still quick enough to start at the rear! :)
  7. Rolz

yeah if we do reverse grid for R2 then no qual needed. IMHO
  8. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yep based on R1 results is key. If we can make that work reliabley without a hassle I am all for it.
  9. AlphaCharlie77

AlphaCharlie77 New Recruit

As someone who spends most of their time towards the back, I think the reverse grid would be cool. A chance to learn some skills and gain more experience racing in traffic if nothing else.
  10. David Brister

David Brister Team Driver

we did it some seasons ago and from last place to start on the front row is bloody scary as they come screaming past you, the nerves, sweaty palms, then u cock it up and spin or hit some 1 then they all complain about reverse grids. mind u its great to run up the front for 1/2 to 1 lap and you let them all pass. But i make the most of the opportunity when they lap me to try and race them, duck in behind for the draft, as long as i dont cause an accident. A top 10-15 reverse grid might stop that crashability by having too slow a drivers up front, at spa i was 9-10sec a lap slower than the front runners, that is only asking for a disaster on lap 1 or 2, i know that and wouldnt want to stuff up others races due to my slowness
  11. Shaun_A

Shaun_A Team Driver Gold Member

Being that I am typically up the front, I really enjoy the thrill of reverse grid races. It makes it exciting and forces you to flex your overtaking and awareness muscles that you may not otherwise use. For me this is a no brainer, but to others, they may prefer to not have to deal with the slower cars. If there is a simple way to implement this from a server point of view, it would be a great to test it out.

Shaun
  12. Rolz

My big weakness is the ability to pass people in a full on race environment... smashing out hot-laps is nothing to having people on the track that you have to battle with... cleanly of course!
    Reverse grid I would see this as an opportunity to improve myself... as a simracing fanatic I would relish it! :D
    The_Spectre likes this.
  13. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  14. Rolz

Gald Turtle Beach is in the hunt again :)
  15. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I assume the green and blue represent FL and MC ?
  16. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yep as per the legend next to the points chart bottom right.
    Did that so I could hide the 'bonus' rows and keep the table smaller. It was getting massive with such a big grid!
  17. AaronSutton

AaronSutton Rookie

As a new member to this site, is it possible to sign up for this AC League going forward from week 4?
    I'm already on the discord server

steamGUID: STEAM_0:0:2278899
    steamPROFILE: http://steamcommunity.com/id/mf
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  18. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hi Aaron welcome should be able to slot you in.
    Jump in for a practice with us on Thursday and we will need you to advise your steam GUID number before Monday. Instructions on how to find it here : http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/steam-ids.1370/
    Rolz likes this.
  19. Rolz

20. AaronSutton

AaronSutton Rookie

Thanks, I updated my original post with GUID and Profile link.

Unavailable on Thursday nights as I have squash training on, but i'll idle the discord and jump on whenever I see others racing.

How competitive is the league? I sit around 2000 IR on iracing but that's in the FR2
    KoAStR likes this.