ASSETTO CORSA Season 10: Ahh, Porsche It! (Get up on this...911)

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Mael

Mael Professional

You should not require Discord for close racing nor to lap back-markers safely.

Apologies for the Bumps Anon, race 1 I was just upset about being taken out at T3 and was driving probably a bit too aggressively, got a bit too close to you in the hairpin. Race 2, well I was not really in control at that stage but at least I gave you the position a few corners later. The second race was fun though!
  2. Doublevision

Doublevision Rookie

I agree, however communication is a big part of racing and being able to communicate with other players means players can sort out issues on the spot instead of having to resort to lengthy protests. Typing is basically impossible while racing so audio comms I believe are necessary.
  3. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

If only the crew chief app could tell you to redress... maybe future versions :)
    Tovey_4saken, Ben787 and Peter Wise like this.
  4. AaronSutton

AaronSutton Rookie

First race for ROOZ and first race in the Porsche 911. With being unsure on the quality and cleanliness of the drivers, I took my laps quite easy and aimed to average high 12's and low 13's.

Q1
    P14 with a 1:12:7 with P1 being at 1:11:7
    Happy with my Q1 result, I took it fairly relaxing on low-fuel running base-setup + changing front tyre camber from -2.7 to -3.0. I was fortunate enough to not get caught in traffic on my qualifying round and had a free run.

R1
    With it being my first race in ROOZ, being unfamiliar with the car (only driving it a week), unfamiliar with the track (again, driving it only a week) and unsure on the quality/cleanliness of the drivers my goal was to simply drive high 1:12's or low 1:13's. This shows in my #1 consistency at 99.48% with a maximum delta between laps of 0.3776. I gained 6 positions and improved my result from 14th to 8th as well as beating my Q1 (1:12:7) with a lap clocked in at 1:12:5.

Q2
    P5 with a 1:12:3, beating my PB by 0.2 from R1
    Hung in the pits waiting for all the traffic to go past, only to catch up to it on my flying lap. Second last lap i slowed down and gave myself a 4 second gap between the car in front and managed to beat my PB by 1:12:3. Again running low-fuel + base-setup + front tyre camber from -2.7 to -3.0. I believe I fixed my line on the final corner watching the faster guys on R1 and allowed my to qualify at 5th. Happy with that result!

R2
    After qualifying so well, confidence being high that I could hold my own in the top 10 against guys familiar with the car and my first ROOZ race under my belt, confident in the racecraft of the guys in the top 15 I told myself to attempt to average mid 1:12's to high 1:12's. Seems this was my first mistake, up to lap 4 i was consistent than lap 5 i over-drove the car ending up spinning the car and loosing positions. Reset my concentration and put in another few consistent high 1:12's and then spun again loosing more positions and most critical; my tires were absolutely cooked. I went from a relaxing high 1:12 - low 1:13's to very much struggling to manage the back-end of the car and with people breathing down my neck I had to defend never giving me a chance to reduce my tire temperature.

Results showed, I went from P5 to P10 loosing 5 positions.

Comments on first experience
    • . Clean driving on the top 15 drivers, I had no commentary on the back-markers but I know Dave made a special effort to communicate what side he was slowing down on for blue-flags when others were passing him. Special thanks Dave
    • Qualifying really makes me appreciate how iracing handles it, qualifying traffic can be difficult to manage and can really interfere with race results
    • I learnt that you can cook the Porsche 911 rear-tires very quickly :) I'll remember that for next week
    All in All, very positive experience and looking forward to next weeks.

Are people running ABS on this car or turning it off? I opted to run ABS for the race, but in practice found myself more consistent with it off as i wasn't over-braking for turns and carrying more speed into corners.

How do people disable ASW on the Rift in AC. When I go to turn it off with left CTRL + number-1 it switches my view to watching another car. I essentially drove the whole event on 45 fps cause of the ASW smoothing algorithm.

I agree, discord should be mandatory. Overtaking back-markers can be dangerous if you cannot communicate which side your over-taking. People are unpredictable, to reduce that is only a good thing.

Why the opposition to Discord? You don't even need to install it, fire up a browser and just join the channel. Effort is minimal but it can make a big difference?
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
    Spidey_11, Ben787, Rolz and 1 other person like this.
  5. Ben787

Ben787 Rookie

I hear you, Rols. Top performance by some Turtle Beachers. Particularly Koaster - hats off!

Had an off both races from lack of concentration particularly when tyre temps are cold or too hot, but managed to recover. Not an easy track that one with the right corners and cambers.

Spidey_11 likes this.
  6. Rolz

You can remap the ASW keys, I used to play around with it, but had mixed thoughts on if it was good or bad to turn it off.
    I'll try to find link on how to change mapping to ctrl-7,8,9
    Since upgrading cpu it only kicks in when I have more than 15ppl racing, but I will play with it off and on again.
    I too have to remap sine my rebuild :)
  7. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Weee that was fun!!! :)

Going into this round with Ballast I always knew it was going to be hard to finish in the top 3 again...

Q1 - I could barely put a lap together... I was late to the party after having dinner, then it was about trying to find space! I was on for a good lap possibly a 11.9X and I ran out of fuel!! haha best I could do was a 12.4 and put me in P8

R1 - Got off to not the best of starts... I managed to get into P5 moving up 3 spots from the start... Going into the first hairpin I completely mis-judged my braking point and went flying up the inside of Terry and Double-V but I managed not to make contact and actually made a pass? It was a little aggressive, but I took it... haha After this it was just pretty much sitting up Rolz behind and trying to force him into a mistake, but I made a few of my own... Brought it home p5! Well done Rolz for holding out!! And WD to Kosatr for taking that win, with more ballast than me you had some good pace bud!

Q2 - Once again, i couldn't manage to put a good lap together... Since round 1 I haven't been able to get a single lap pace out of this thing, put it P7..

R2 - Race started REALLY good this time! I once again picked up 4 spots in the first lap to P3!!! I kinda felt like Alonso cutting through the field! hahaha and I found myself behind Terry and Kosatr! I thought this was it, Kosatr has taken it out! Yet to find on lap 5 Kosatr became unstuck and made a mistake! woohoo time to pounce! going into the the last straight before the last corner I was right next to him, wheel to wheel.... For some reason Kosatr got a shove? from my car, which I didn't purposely do at all, I thought I had left enough room, but it seemed to have punted Kosatr... (sorry again bud) Looking at the replay I slightly moved across, but left enough room.. weather this was enough to cause a lag spike??? or not and i am just the cause, I can take a penalty (you can watch this on my video below at 1:00 Hr)... But honestly something I would never do on purpose! I love the fair close racing!! It is just a pitty! :(

Any ways, regardless ended up finishing P2 for R2...
    In the end I think Kosatr has taken out the round??? Well done mate! now take some more ballast! :p

You can catch both Qualifying's, and Races from below. You can also watch it in 1080p.

8. Mael

Mael Professional

No opposition, I do not use it in the races with larger fields as my internet connection is marginal at best. But as a tool to "sort out issues on the spot" it sucks :devilish:

Great drive for your first ROOZ's race Aaron!
  9. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Fun racing again last night. Absolutely stoked with my practice pace during the week given ballast, once again a real team effort dialling in a great tune helped.

Couldn't quite match practice pace on the day but was wary of over driving and cooking tyres even in qual with so much traffic might have not got another shot. So happy with starting near the front on the grid. Got good launches both races helping me make up for any lack of qual pace.

Race 1 with Cherno hot on my heels all the way was epic and very sweaty!

Race 2 was pulling a lead only to throw it away with an unforced error snagging the sausage curb through the chicane. Perhaps helicorsa distracted me as I see in the replay it was going off as the rest of the field was just over the fence rounding the right hander before the hairpin. Think I second guessed my surroundings.

Anyway gathering it up let Tez through and Rotor beside was still confident I had the pace to recover until disaster and I was in the wall. With Krunch now through and damage I lost the pace advantage.

I know Rotor wouldn't do that on purpose cheers so really took me by surprise.. hah maybe lost your head a bit with an audience.. looks as if your hands have followed your head and you steered left as you looked that way. Genuine mistake I am sure but still left me feeling a bit hard done by.

Anyway good result and fun times all the same. On to next week!
  10. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    I was watching that on your live stream @R0T0R-AU86 and I don't know how you made that move but it was impressive
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  11. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Are you talking about race 1 going into the hair pin?? Lol I thought I was done for! That isn't my style... I put pressure on and wait for you to make a mistake before i get desperate like that! I would rather finish in 8th than make moves like that! Still i couldn't believe it! haha
    Peter Wise likes this.
  12. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    Yep Race 1 into the first hairpin
    R0T0R-AU86 likes this.
  13. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Vallelunga Classic Race 1 highlights :)
    Pete, spita84, Doublevision and 3 others like this.
  14. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

quick 4k record test but some reason its only showing at 1080 60fps but shows how crazy the first lap is for a back marker lol

15. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Guys watching the replay I think there needs to be a general reminder that just because you have finished the race doesn't mean others have.

So now the game doesn't automatically teleport finishers to the pits, remember some maybe a lap down and still racing for position so it's important you treat any track exit just like any other time of the race: pull off the track before you stop or at least off the racing line. Don't do burn outs where you might end up back on the track or become a major distraction.

This caused some issues last round please let's not have a repeat.
    Spidey_11 and David Brister like this.
  16. c4rLo5

c4rLo5 Team Driver Gold Member

Apologies Mael for taking you out. Got tapped onto the grass on the straight and then I was just a passenger. :(
  17. AaronSutton

AaronSutton Rookie

Can we get the ROOZ servers configured for Donnington? It's currently on mugello
    Ran about 30 laps last night and was averaging mid 1:07's with a best lap of 1:07:1. I reckon high 1:05's and low 1:06's will be top pace for next week.

I think running high down-force this week will come into play as well (around 9-10) especially with the fast right-hander (turn2), turn 4 (negative camber right-hander) and turn 5 (blind right-hand double corner).
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  18. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Love reading all these race recaps and watching the vids :coffee:
    Aaron I think donington has been ditched due to lack of pit boxes and replaced with mugello
    Rolz likes this.
  19. Rolz

I don't think Donnington can handle the potential race numbers and this is why Mugello has been nominated instead?
    Can race directors please confirm? :coffee:
    Also am I still on 30kgs ballast after my shocker in R2 last race? :rolleyes:
  20. AaronSutton

AaronSutton Rookie

Ah yup, checked the first post and its changed to Mugello now. Damn!