Division 3 - Season 6

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Dec 8, 2016.

1. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    @colin-50_ I would recommend taking tyres as the night period track cools down and you will have low grip so best to grab a fresh set with some lower pressures you will get the time back no worries.
    Anthonyb and dj2ca like this.
  2. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

@colin-50_ did a full run today rhf tyre got down to 60% it probably is ok but grip level does get a bit low at night. I think taking tyres woulb be the best. If you lower tyre pressure slightly tyre temp will come up in the cold.
  3. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Guys, just a very quick reply to my above post....been an interesting few days, with quite a few replies and PMs with a range of views expressed. I am sure you are all sick of hearing from me, but in light of a few discussions i have had after posting i wanted to make a couple of very quick comments.

1. As stated originally, my post WAS NOT directed at anyone in particular. I have had 3 members think it was directed at them, and can i again say that it was a 'general' comment to all drivers.
    2. My post WAS NOT intended to offend or upset anyone. If it did, i apologise.
    3. While i stand by my comments, in hindsight, i could have perhaps have worded a little differently to make my point, which was, that the time of the stewards group is voluntary, and they were (over the opening 5 rounds) seeming to be dealing with quite a few protests that perhaps didn't need to be made.
    4. I will say again, that everyone has the right to protest an incident that they feel has affected the race result.
    5. As a mod, i personally don't want to see anyone leave our community. If you have a concern, question or want to discuss something PLEASE send me, or someone on the mod team, a PM so we can discuss in a rational way to come to a solution.

The stewards group for this season has been an interesting exercise, and it has reinforced to me that regardless of the decision made from them, or ultimately, from the appeals group, there is generally 1 person not happy !
    All i can ask is that drivers respect their decision (even if you dont agree with it). The difficulty of judging some of the incidents has been evidenced by the difference of opinion even in the stewards group ! It's Not an easy job.

We are a large group of people now, different ages, abilities and personalities.
    I think sometimes that gets a little lost with the red mist of race nights.

Again, we want ALL members to have a great experience here, if you feel the need to discuss something please don't hesitate to PM me so we can sort things out for the betterment of everyone. We may not agree, but at least we can have the conversation.

Stu
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    webnomad, Anthonyb and VARDZ like this.
  4. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    well said STU
  5. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Not going to make tonight's race, I've got work.
  6. Anthonyb

Thats a shame mate hopeyou can make the last round next week
  7. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Just a reminder for everyone to get their pit strategy sorted out before we start the race tonight. You may or may not want to take tyres but you shouldn't need any fuel.
    Anthonyb likes this.
  8. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Qualifying:
    [​IMG]
    Race Results:
    [​IMG]
    Fastest Lap:
    [​IMG]

Left Session: familiagtr

DSC: webnomad, Colin-50
    v8power383, Anthonyb and AOCleaner74 like this.
  9. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Great race guys well done. It was hard work near the end but held on to 3rd. I knew you were coming @Anthonyb I was getting really tired and couldn't focus but held you off, great comeback though.
  10. rossi0nsx

rossi0nsx Rookie

PSN ID
    rossi0nsx
    Not a bad race for me. Qualied 2nd. Got the lead at the start of the race managed to hold off DJ for about 15 laps. Manged to stick with him up until he pitted on lap 18. I pitted on lap 24 and came out right behind DJ but he pulled a gap on me and after quite a few mistakes in the 3rd quarter of the race I settled for 2nd. Managed to pull the fastest lap on the 2nd last lap of the race with a 51.0 still not sure where I pulled that from.
    Ad2mny, dj2ca and Anthonyb like this.
  11. Anthonyb

After struggling to get back in room did an ok qually time but was disappointed knowing I could do better.
    Great start by all turn 2 seemed all clean settled in to 8th and waited to see what happened top of the hill at the chicane carnage and I drive through the mess and come out in 4th chasing @bluebounty05 he made a small mistake giving me the spot for me to run just wide at turn 9 to take a 5 sec penalty there you go bounty have the spot back. I followed him for the rest of the race with the gap fluctuating from .5 to 5 seconds. Got it back to 1 second from 5 with 1 lap to go only to make a small mistake at turn 9 and not be able to challenge for the podium. Great drive bounty nice and consistent well deserved podium. Congratulations to @dj2ca on the win and @rossi0nsx on second and FL.
    The battle behind me between @ranok3n @Ad2mny and @ShootSho7t looked to be a cracker as every time I looked the person behind me had changed. Hope you enjoyed div 3 @ShootSho7t looks like your pace is good here.
    Well done all great race see you through the week.
    Ant
    Ad2mny, Bounty05 and dj2ca like this.
  12. maximuscatticus

maximuscatticus Team Driver

PSN ID
    maximuscatticus
    ABSOLUTELY GUTTED!!!!
    I did a mountain of practice for this one during the week, (pretty sure the missus forgot who I am for a bit & massive thanks to @stucar17 for the help). Got dsc'd in practice & again in qually. Managed to stay in the new room, (thanks to everyone for the restart). Managed to qualify 6th so I was stoked with that. Absolutely nailed the start & had stolen 5th well before turn 1. Followed the lead pack & then on the exit of the chicane at the top of the hill (still on lap 1!!!) I got rammed from behind & spun off track. Had to wait for the entire field to pass before I could rejoin. Managed to finish 8th with the two behind me (one being the offender) pulling up stumps well short of the finish. With the nbn guys doing their thing around the place now our connection is even dodgier than before so hoping it'll be ok for next week but not holding my breath. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(
    Ad2mny and dj2ca like this.
  13. ShootSho7t

ShootSho7t Rookie

PSN ID
    shoootshoooooooot
    This is the longest race ive ever did , 44 laps!

Sorry for the early bump dj.

Ive lost my focus and concentration for the last 10laps...spinned few times and so many random mistake during the night.
    stucar17, Ad2mny, dj2ca and 1 other person like this.
  14. webnomad

webnomad Team Driver

PSN ID
    webnomad
    Congrats to the podium ... enduros are a tough test at any time !

I had very limited practice due to travel.... so the expectation was to focus on race as opposed to quali ... and I had a nice race with @ranok3n .. until a tap got us adrift of the field ... thank you for staying behind :) ... and then we got into it again ... and then psn decided that it was the end of my race :( ...
    Ad2mny, Anthonyb, dj2ca and 1 other person like this.
  15. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Some very bad luck there mate, you had some good pace while practicing during the week. That chicane carnage was pretty full on, a few drivers affected there. I was extremely lucky only to be affected by shoot's bump and not the secondary carnage that followed.

It's ok, I saw you coming a bit too quick and braced myself for a good shunt. Lucky it didn't affect me too badly, I only lost one position and managed to recover in the end.

Geez you've had some very bad luck with connection this season mate, I really feel for you.
    webnomad and Anthonyb like this.
  16. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Sorry about that mate.
    There were a few times I broke too late and gave you a few taps, lucky all of them (bar one) didn't cause you too much drama. The one where I sent you into a spin, you tapped the brakes and caught me out, managed to shave off most of my speed but it was the follow through on the corner that most of the damage I think?

Really, really, really messy driving on my behalf in those first 10 or so laps.
    @webnomad got a killer start and was right beside me heading into the 1st corner.
    Was too focused on him than my brake markers and broke way too late.
    Was on the inside, so locking up would have caused mayhem. Took to the grass to keep the wheels rolling and doing my best not to ruin anyone's race. It worked... but then came back on track at the rear. Came up to web who seemed to have an off, then got tangled with him for the first time and then had a nice little spin, and then all the way to the back again.
    Had a nice battle with web, but certainly the worse I've driven going toe-to-toe with someone...
    Too much impatience on my end, causing me to keep hitting him in the braking zones.
    Eventually settled down and found my rhythm. Managed to get past him after 8 or 9 laps and then barely made a mistake from there.
    Started running consistent mid to high 52's from then until I pitted at the end of lap 20.
    Took couple of laps to get used to the lower pressures, but then started getting into the 52's again.
    Made my way into 6th and about 12s behind @Ad2mny with not many laps to go.
    Pulled out a 51 from out of my ass and he must have made a mistake, as the gap was suddenly down to 4s with 3 or 4 laps to go. I thought I could at least catch him and give him a little push.
    Lost a bit of focus and then the gap bounce back to 7s which it stayed like that until the last lap.
    All of a sudden, I see a car sitting across the track just before the first hairpin and realise it's ads.
    Well this makes up for the previous race where I gifted him a position... held 5th til the checkered flag.
    What could have been.. I think a 3rd would have been possible if not for the start..

I'd just like to say that I'm quite disappointed in a particular person's driving.
    Unfortunately, due to the length of the race, the replay couldn't be saved so I have no evidence to provide.
    It could have been lag... but what I saw was someone deliberately driving another person off the road at the run up to turn 1. This same person was driving very recklessly and using others as cushions to get through turns from what I saw when I was behind him. This is not cool and not on.
    You had better hope it was lag that was doing it...
  17. Anthonyb

Well done i think you have found a new home. It's a tough race keeping focused for that long
    dj2ca likes this.
  18. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    2 points separating @dj2ca and @rossi0nsx going into the last round. 4 points including the current drop rounds. Ooooooo
    Exciting championship!
    If not for dj's DSC last round, he would have ran away with it! Who will come out on top??

The battle for 3rd is hotting up!
    I've got a 6 point buffer after the current drop rounds and @Ad2mny and @Bounty05 would be tied in 4th!
    Ad2mny, dj2ca and rossi0nsx like this.
  19. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Yeah! Factoring in the current drop rounds it's me on 112 and Rossi on 108, very close! That's why I'm still dark about getting that DSC last week, really needed those points.
  20. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    What a grueling race! It took a lot of stamina to stay focused for the full 44 laps last night. It turned out to be a very enjoyable race for me.

I was very happy to get pole on a track where I wasn't sure how well I'd do in terms of lap time. My heart was beating like crazy in the dying minutes of qualifying, hoping that nobody would pip me for pole.

Got an ok start but Rossi got an even better one. By the approach to turn two he was in front so I settled in behind him with Shoot right behind me. It was all very clean until the chicane at turn 11 where I got a decent shunt from Shoot. I saw him coming in a bit too hot behind me and hoped to hell that it wouldn't spin me. It did push me right towards the second apex but I managed to slow it down and wrenched the wheel to the right in the hope that I wouldn't cop a penalty. Luckily I didn't but I copped another little bump while settling the car out of the chicane. Watched Rossi drive away and Bounty also got past me in the mayhem. Vardz also missed his brake point by a fair margin and a bit more mayhem ensued, Shoot copped the brunt of that and got turned right around. Max also got turned around by a third incident which was very unfortunate for him.

So, now it's time to put my head down and chase Bounty. Managed to stay pretty close behind him and on the next lap I got a better exit out of the turn 11/12 chicane and managed to get him in the braking zone to turn 14.

At this stage Rossi is a few seconds ahead, I spent the next dozen or so laps slowly reeling him in. The gap bounced around a bit with both of us making some small errors. I finally got close to him and what followed was some of the most fun, close, and satisfying racing I've ever experienced. I had a look at the inside of the turn seven hairpin but he got slightly better drive out of the corner and I pulled back in behind him for turn eight. My next look was coming into turn two but I got on the brakes a little bit late and gave him a bit of a bump, it wasn't too bad and he continued on in front of me. One or two laps later I had a good run on him down the main straight and got alongside him for turn two. We went side by side through turns two, three and four. We went side by side though turns five and six as well but I got a better run out of six (on the outside) and got in front of him. That series of corners was some fantastic, hair raising racing. Well done Rossi, we really drove well through there.

Now that I was in front the focused shifted and I concentrated on trying to stay ahead of him. Rossi didn't make it easy, he was right on me for several laps. Some seriously stressful but enjoyable racing. He gave me a little bump on the approach to turn 14 and I decided to head into the pits. Rossi zoomed off again.

I came out of the pits after three or four cars passed me. I picked up one position after the car in front (Ranok3n maybe) went a bit wide. Shoot was ahead battling with someone but he made a couple of errors and all of a sudden I was right on his bumper. I had some awesome close racing with him for a lap and then he shot off into the pits. The car ahead of him had also pitted so now I was back behind Rossi who was still in the lead with a significant gap.

It was getting pretty dark by now, the part of the race I was dreading. I drove as fast as I could and hoped that when Rossi pitted I'd come out in front of him. I made a couple of small errors but kept on going. I could see the gap to Rossi decreasing drastically so I knew he was in the pits. Coming down the straight I could see him beginning to exit the pits so I knew it was going to be very close. And boy was it close! I passed him with just enough time to settle the car for turn two and stayed in front. He kept with me for a few laps but the gap started to widen, I was doing a lot better in the cold, dark night than I thought I would and continued to pull away.

Now it was a matter of driving as fast as I could without making any costly mistakes. I had a moment coming in to turn two where I put the right rear tyre onto the grass while braking but luckily I managed to contain it and it span a little right into the apex of the corner. Phew. I came up on some lap traffic and managed to get by them without too much fuss. I had another moment coming in to turn eight a few laps later. The right rear dipped onto the grass, I contained it again and it turned right into the apex of the turn. Another phew.

By this time it's lap 36 and I'm bloody tired. I got through the rest of the race without any problems but I have to admit that with three laps to go I was dreading another nightmare DSC. Thankfully the network held up for me and I drove home with the win. I thought I might have gotten the fastest lap with a 1:51.6xx but Rossi did a unicorn lap and got a 1:51.0xx, fantastic lap mate! Congrats to @rossi0nsx on P2 and congrats to @Bounty05 on rounding out the podium. Thanks to everyone for racing this enduro, we had a really good grid last night!

Sorry for the long post, here's a potato :p
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    SPL Racing, Ad2mny, SuiCid3 and 2 others like this.