Division 3 - Season 6

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Dec 8, 2016.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    IMPORTANT INFO
    Had a heap of guys in our race run the other night have the HOT TYRE GLITCH, where after their stop, even though they didnt change tyres, the temps after half a lap went through the roof.

We all agreed that we heard the pressures change at the stop, even though we didnt change tires.

I would suggest that you DELETE your pit strat and set up a new one. When we did that, it was fine again. Only takes 2 mins.

As there are a few who dont get on the forum very often, cen everyone PLEASE mention this to all drivers if in a prac room.

I will also ask room hosts to check on the night that everyone has this sorted.

Thanks stu
  2. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    It's race day!

I just want to take a minute to ask that we're all cautious over the first few laps tonight. @rossi0nsx and myself will be battling for the championship and we'll have @SuiCid3, @Ad2mny, and @Bounty05 battling for third. We've had quite a few instances of unnecessary opening lap shunts/tangles this season, something like that tonight could very possibly ruin someone's whole season. Let's take it easy and remember that we don't win a race on the first lap.

To quote @stucar17:

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Don't need to be a rocket scientist to know that you can't win the race in the first corner, but you sure as hell can lose it for yourself and / or ruin another drivers races by either being too aggressive OR too defensive into T1. Stay in your lane till the grid shakes out by turns 3 and 4. Last time we raced here there were issues at turn 1, lap 1 with guys being too aggressive.........please get through there cleanly ! Use your brains here lads and give room to those around you. Back half of the grid need to brake a little earlier and not cause chaos with kamikazee passes into 1.

Anyway, I'll be opening the practice session at 7:30pm ADST as usual, looking forward to seeing you all there!
    Ad2mny, rossi0nsx, SPL Racing and 2 others like this.
  3. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    One thing I would suggest is to use the warm up for Prac starts. Get in you position and if your on the outside of turn 1 try find a breaking point the has you leave a cars width on the apex and if on the right one that parks you on top of it.
    SuiCid3, Anthonyb and dj2ca like this.
  4. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    We haven't been running warmup sessions this season but if enough people think it's a good idea I'm happy to do that. I figured that would be one of the things folks would be practicing during the week, or at least in the practice session before the race, I certainly do that.
    Anthonyb and jasondull1986 like this.
  5. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Yeah true but if you don't qualify up the front can be helpful as no one practices grid starts from p8
    dj2ca and Anthonyb like this.
  6. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Well said all it takes is to get out of the throttle and Coast up to the first few corners if you are behind people especially those that are fighting for a championship. Its great to see it so close for all positions and so many people in the mix and that is the case is all division. Good luck to all especially those in the hunt so lets keep it clean and keep them honest because I know I will be pushing them and hope to get a podium for the first time this season.
    SPL Racing, SuiCid3 and dj2ca like this.
  7. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    I wanna see you on that podium! You've been so close so many times.
    SuiCid3 and Anthonyb like this.
  8. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    I've been practicing starts from multiple grid spots but you're right, most wouldn't have. So what does everyone think? Wanna do a warmup session tonight?
    jasondull1986 likes this.
  9. Anthonyb

I'm happy to it also gives people a chance to relax a little after qually
    dj2ca likes this.
  10. Anthonyb

Yeah struggled a little bit in this car but really enjoyed the challenge
    dj2ca likes this.
  11. webnomad

webnomad Team Driver

PSN ID
    webnomad
    Hello d3 - good luck in the final race today - it will be no show for me as I am travelling
    dj2ca and Anthonyb like this.
  12. Anthonyb

Happy travels seeyou next season
  13. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Good luck tonight guys, apologies once again I cant be with you racing tonight but i had a great first couple of races with some really exciting racing. Good luck in the championship fight, may the best racer win!
    Anthonyb and Ad2mny like this.
  14. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Qualifying:
    [​IMG]

Race Results:
    [​IMG]

Fastest Lap:
    [​IMG]
  15. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Well done @rossi0nsx on the championship. You drove really well and were a formidable opponent all season.

This was the one that got away for me, that DSC at Spa is going to haunt me for a very long time.

Thanks to everyone for taking part this season.
    SuiCid3 and Anthonyb like this.
  16. rossi0nsx

rossi0nsx Rookie

PSN ID
    rossi0nsx
    Thanks @dj2c not the way I wanted to win but I'll take it. Looking forward to continue the battle in div2 next season. Congrats to bounty for taking 3rd, 5th to 3rd was really close.
    SuiCid3, dj2ca and SPL Racing like this.
  17. maximuscatticus

maximuscatticus Team Driver

PSN ID
    maximuscatticus
    Congrats to the podium, also to @rossi0nsx & blue on your championships. Personally I'm stoked to finish 2nd in div3b :):):) HOWEVER!!! Their some drivers here that need to take good look at themselves. "You don't win races on turn 1!!!!"
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  18. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    I think I ended up 4th
  19. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    You got the 3b championship though mate!
  20. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    yeah true, pretty happy with that.
    SPL Racing likes this.