Season 12 - Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Dec 8, 2016.

1. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Um, wasn't Spa sort of 3 weeks ago now?
    What did you do to get outright disqualified?

But back to tonight, fantastic race, just too good at the death when it mattered. Most definitely I got helped by being towed along for a lot of it but I can finally say that I ran a legitimate race with no weirdness and had you in my sight for the entire race. Very happy to finally have a race with no asterisk beside it that says on this day, I was good enough.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    The guys are absolutely drowning in GT6 protests, and only just getting on top of them, before tonight's race......
    Jaycie and StigsTC like this.
  3. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    Last nights race was definitely one of those up and down races for me.
    Qually: Having done about 10/15 laps of practise before qually I wasn't feeling very confident at all, (just came from post victory celebrations of my cricket Grand final and was hot and exhausted before I'd even started! Trying to get a smooth and clean lap resulted in a 1.23.002 and was good enough for 4th on the grid.
    Race: Thought best to just sit behind the front 3 and learn the track as I go a bit more, had no real clue how my tyre and fuel wear was going to be so decided to just follow and see how I went. Lack of practise meant the consistency was a no show for me and between 4 and 5 (even without running wide) the kerbs threw me to the left violently and my correction forced me deep into the sand trap at 5 therefore dropping back behind Bob and just infront of Bryan. I decided to just go even tyre strategy and pit on lap 15 and try and go hard to see where I'd catch up. Then caught my way back up through the field passing the tyre and fuel savers on the final laps until eventually chasing the 4-5 car length gap on Bryan on the last lap to grab 4th on the second last corner around the outside! Replay shows the spluttering tank of fuel and tyre degradation and hats off to all those who made that no stopper work cause that was incredible.
    Congrats to Warrior on another win and to the BHR podium runners up. It's been such a great first season in Div 1 and leaves me with 1 goal going into next season, winning a race! Congrats to Warrior on another championship aswell! fantastic stuff.
  4. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    I went too wide and outside track limits on the exit of pouhon, 3 times was one too many. Overall I had1 track cut at Eau Rouge, 1 track extension at Pouhon Mid corner, 1 track extension at Raidillon and the 3 track extensions at Pouhon exit.

This should get posted in the incidents thread soon.
    StigsTC and POPPINFRESH1234 like this.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  6. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Me.
  7. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    By a long way.
  8. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    Me: *sets PB time in qually and gets excited*
    Warrior: "I'll just take 3 tenths of that if you don't mind"
    Me: *looses mind*
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  10. holdenman05

holdenman05 Team Driver

PSN ID
    holdenman05
    someone get these stewards a vb (or whatever you australians drink) looks like a lot of thier free beer drinking time has gone into this season in div1. Im sure we all appreciate your hard work and time keeping us all honest
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
    Russell, warrior2167, Ad2mny and 8 others like this.