Division 3 - Season 6

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Dec 8, 2016.

1. rossi0nsx

rossi0nsx Rookie

PSN ID
    rossi0nsx
    Sorry that's the one I ment
  2. maximuscatticus

maximuscatticus Team Driver

PSN ID
    maximuscatticus
    He had it stitched up last week, possibly even the week before.....
  3. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    What happened at the start?

Edit: Congrats on stealing the championship @rossi0nsx
    Hard luck @dj2ca, well raced though.
    You were both too fast for us.

Double edit: I redid my pit strategy as per Stu's post, but not sure what happened. Changed it to NOT change tyres, but it ended up changing tyres anyway...
    Anthonyb likes this.
  4. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Fezza span Vardz around and Max had nowhere to go so he ran into Vardz.
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  5. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Last night was a pretty uneventful race for me. That's not to say it wasn't intense though. Rossi and I got a really good start and managed to get through turn 1 without getting caught up in the usual stupid turn 1 nonsense. From there on I basically stuck to the back of Rossi's car with the gap ranging from 0.6 seconds to 2.3 seconds, I never got close enough to think about making a pass on him though. The gap from myself to P3 grew steadily as the race went on. No major errors from Rossi or myself. I followed Rossi into the pits at the end of lap 20 with only about a second between us, as we were released from our bays my AI driver put the brakes on a little which meant Rossi could drive away with a decent little gap for the final two laps. I highly doubt I would have caught him anyway though.

Well done to @rossi0nsx on the race win and the championship!

Well done to @Anthonyb on getting your podium in our final race!

Well done to @SuiCid3 on getting 3rd place in the championship!

Well done to @Bounty05 on grabbing the 3b championship!

Thanks to everyone for showing up each week and making this season heaps of fun, and thanks to @stucar17 and the team for all the work you do in providing us with this awesome racing community.

See you all next season.
  6. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Not many highlights this week but here's a video anyway

Ad2mny, Bounty05, Anthonyb and 2 others like this.
  7. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

I wondered what happened to you was enjoying our battle you had good pace
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  8. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    No I did not :) I saw someone hit Suicide into T1, and then someone else hitting ad2mny later on.
  9. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Apologies @Bounty05, was not expecting you on the inside at turn 1 there.
  10. rossi0nsx

rossi0nsx Rookie

PSN ID
    rossi0nsx
    I was so pumped I forgot to save my replay.
    Anthonyb likes this.
  11. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    All good mate
  12. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    You're the yellow car, right?
    SuiCid3 and maximuscatticus like this.
  13. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Thanks for a great season had great time with mostly good clean races.

Round 7 finally got on the podium with a third after I qualified 2nd @dj2ca and @rossi0nsx got absolute flyers off the line and after turn 1 I found myself behind @bluebounty05 with @ranok3n beside me for turns 2 3 and 4 and I got a run into 5 to nose out in front. I ran wide out of turn 9 giving the spot to ranok3n and he pushed on putting pressure on bounty I got turn 1 wrong and lost more time to the 2 infront of me somehow I got back on the back of the boys infront to have ranok3n have the slightest cut at turn 9 to let me get back infront of him after his 5sec penalty bounty myself and ranok3n stayed within 2.5sec off one another for about 14 laps bounty pitted and I stayed out with ranok3n I pitted next lap thinking bounty would be just in front of me but he was 13sec behind I was behind @fezza and started to pull him in only to have him pit after a couple of laps of pressure then I was in 3rd with no one really around me so the last few laps were a bit of a disappointment. Thanks bounty and ranok3n for the clean competition shame about the pit strategies being wrong would have been interesting last few laps.
    @rossi0nsx congrats on the podium and the championship
    @dj2ca unlucky buddy great season like you said the one that got away but you both where in a league of your own.
    Thanks to the mods for another great season and all our sponsors.
    See you on track
    Ant
    SuiCid3, Ad2mny, SPL Racing and 2 others like this.
  14. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Had high hopes for this round. In the warm up was hitting mid 07's pretty consistently which was gonna keep me in good stead with my nearest ladder competitors @SuiCid3 and @Bounty05 and maybe even have a chance at 3rd in the championship.

Qualy went poorly, thanks @maximuscatticus for making room for me as I caught up, true gentleman. Only managed 8th with a low 08.

Choked the start, got caught out wide in turn 1 and was amongst the tail of the field for the first few laps. Got stuck behind @colin-50_ at the final chicane as he served a cut penalty and lost more precious places and seconds. Most of the following passes were due to drivers errors and I found myself in a nice little battle with @fezza towards the middle of the race. I finally found a way past and after a few laps pitted lap 11.

Came out of the pits and the car felt wrong. Turned in to turn 1 and immediately both my fronts were turning orange. By mid lap all tyres were orange and by the final chicane they were all an angry red. The car wasn't too bad but it couldn't be pushed too hard. I had to learn that the hard way though, with a couple of offs and a spin. No late braking or hard acceleration and it was fine but my lap times suffered. I still managed a couple of high 07's but they were real dodgy. @fezza came out of the pits a few laps later a fair way ahead and I trundled home in 8th.

Well done @rossi0nsx for the win and title, and to @dj2ca and @Anthonyb for the final podiums.

Also a pat on the back to all for a great season with good numbers all rounds and respectful driving. I think this car was great and really promoted clean driving and close racing. Here's hoping next seasons car produces similar racing abilities.
    SuiCid3, maximuscatticus and Anthonyb like this.
  15. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    yes that was my car and I bumped into him when he had already lost it and had nowhere else to go.
  16. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Doesn't look like he loses control at all..... until you hit him that is
    dj2ca likes this.
  17. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    No, he didn't lose control at all until you hit him and then failed to redress:

And that wasn't the only incident where you turned someone around and failed to redress this season...
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  18. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    I'm pretty sure he had lost it, will check my replay and post from my perspective.

yes that was a bit sucky but he had gone off how was I supposed to redress that one? slam on the brakes and stop on the track? I do redress when possible and I'll post an example in the last race.
  19. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    The rules clearly state that if you push someone off or turn them around you must redress, it doesn't matter how many places you lose in the process. So yeah, you are meant to slam on the brakes (safely pull off to the side) and wait for him to pass you. There's no such thing as "when possible", you MUST redress.
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  20. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    alright, noted. and if required, I'll just retire as that'll be easier.