Season 7 discussion

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Mar 14, 2017.

?

Road car or race car for season 7

Poll closed Mar 30, 2017.
  1. Road car

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  2. Race car

19 vote(s)
    82.6%
  1. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Not a bad idea. Pcars 2 won't hit until late this year at the earliest I reckon.
  2. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Not necessarily, I've experienced a fair bit of contact in open-wheelers and that's barely happened. We need to avoid contact no matter what car we're in because of the magnetic effect, plus tin tops can fly up as well (happened a couple of times this season).
    Coojak3009 likes this.
  3. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
  4. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

I'm pretty sure there's a game called F1 2016 for the open wheel fans.
    I don't particularly enjoy racing them, the gulf seems too grippy and easy to drive, and yet Unforgiving if you make stuff up.
    I'd be happy in the V8 for the next season
    Or something similar to the sierra I reakon it was the best season yet.
    Anthonyb and NAACS like this.
  5. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Since I got the game I have been trying both some open-wheelers and the V8SC around as many tracks as possible.

It is a pity if the Renault is off limits as that is a fun car, didn't take me long to get comfortable enough to start pushing it with some confidence resulting in ever improving lap times. It can certainly bite you if you don't respect the right pedal.

I'm starting to get more used to the V8SC, but it is taking me longer to get comfortable. On some tracks I can get into it pretty easily, on others it is more of a handful. Also the brakes are a concern, its nice to be able to use the marker boards for judging braking distances, but in many cases if you get to the 200m board you're already way too late.

Ultimately, without some actual racing to compare, it is going to be hard to make a choice.

I do have to say I have been enjoying fanging the McLaren P1 around, 900+ horsepower just shouldn't feel that usable in a RWD street car.
    stucar17 likes this.
  6. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Open wheel /= F1

This is a racing league I'm pretty sure and the open wheeler fans have never had the chance to drive one in a season. Shouldn't have to go to a different game to have that chance.

If we're talking about something similar to the Sierra the Group 5 cars are quite fun; the Capri and BMW 320 Turbo. I'd personally prefer the Capri.
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  7. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    [​IMG]
    Zachery likes this.
  8. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Yeah fair enough dj.. why not have a vote open wheel vs race car, if open wheel is voted, all good
  9. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

I have plans to. Private lobbies should arrive by mid April. Will run it past the mods.
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  10. Mick

Mick Rookie

PSN ID
    mwkw1520
    Lets race a Superkart
  11. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Yeah! That was my first suggestion, those things are awesome fun. Can't have any contact though or the thing turns right around.
  12. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    For those who say that the V8SC won't provide close racing or is too hard to drive, I present exhibit A. Yes it can bite you if you push too hard but it is so rewarding.
  13. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Hate to burst your bubbles @SPL Racing but not everyone that races here has your exemplary skill of door-to-door racing, so your view on that is mute. :D :thumbsup:
    Anthonyb and SPL Racing like this.
  14. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    I was going to say something along the same lines, that's the exception to the rule.
    SuiCid3 and Anthonyb like this.
  15. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Unfortunately I haven't been able to exercise my exemplary racing skills for the past 2 seasons cause I can't keep up with these freaks in Div 1
  16. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    why does everyone get so defensive when talking about the V8 supercar. just remember that the people who want to drive it have had to drive other cars for 6 seasons in a row. maybe its time to let those people who have asked for the supercar, (and theres a fair few) season after season, finally get there wish.

Heck, i might even make some appearances if it gets the nod, simply because ive wanted it since i started with rooz, and its never gotten the nod.
    seth123 likes this.
  17. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    I guess it's polarising. Some people love it, and the sane people know it's a bucket of poop :p

I'd rather drive a Lada before that pos. I seriously don't know if I can think of a worse car to spend 7 rounds in. That might be why people are "defensive" about it. I wouldn't call it defensive, I'd call it expressing an opinion.

Seriously though. On the same token, people who want open wheelers have had to do the same thing (endure seasons of tin tops).

At the end of the day not everyone is going to be happy with the car selection though, it's just the way it is.
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  18. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    That windscreen wiper is going to be shagged if you continue to run it dry.
  19. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Not all wishes come true
  20. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Open wheeler one week v8sc the next 4 rounds in each and 4 tracks