AC [Canceled] Assetto Corsa PS4 - Season 1

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by COME_AND_GET_ME7, Mar 29, 2017.

?

What Night(s) are you Available?

Poll closed May 29, 2017.
  1. Monday

64.3%
  2. Tuesday

50.0%
  3. Wednesday

35.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

[​IMG]

It's time to give the PS4 version of Assetto Corsa one last crack at becoming the console platform of choice for league racing. 7 months on from the games console release the fundamental feature of any modern sim will finally be arriving within the next couple of weeks. That feature being private lobbies. Based off of comments from the cofounder of Kunos the next update looks to deliver the custom lobby features necessary to run a successful league.

Subject to the release of the update and initial testing we aim to have round 1 of AC PS4 during the week starting 23 April. Season 1 will ideally run alongside PCars, GT6 and AC PC leagues. To prevent further dilution of PCars and GT6 grids we have been requested to run season 1 on a day other than Sunday. Depending on the success of season 1 the use of Sunday will be reevaluated for season 2. Thursdays are set for F1 and Fridays and Saturdays typically see poor numbers due to real world commitments. This leaves us with Monday through Wednesday. Please indicate in this threads poll which of these days you are available (Multiple votes allowed).

Let the car discussion begin: Season 1 will be a one make series made up of 7 rounds. I'm open to suggestions so post your recommendations in this thread. Ideally season 1 will use a car thats fairly easy to drive too ensure drivers can become familiar with AC's physics and ensure side by side racing can be had. An outright ban on paid DLC will not be enforced but in the interest of maximising numbers for season 1 will be avoided. Tracks will predominately be those not found on other platforms with the odd classic thrown in for good measure.

Additional details will be provided upon the release of the update.

Drivers Interested:

1) CAGM
    2) NAACS
    3) Gary
    4) Colin
    5) Incey
    6) Littleblacko
    7) Mikeruntbike
    8) Arakasi
    9) Zharvs
    10) Fezza
    Last edited: May 18, 2017
    KoAStR likes this.
  2. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    hi mate
    I'm very interested in this and a little excited.
    However, what concerns me is cost.
    The game from my research will set me back between $46-80.
    But then how much am I going to need to spend on top of this initial outlay for car packs etc to
    a] partake in this foray to test the concept of online private lobbies
    b] have the chosen car
    Could the game be bought "only" for season 1 and just pick a car that comes from it and/or the free update that incorporates the new private online lobby mode?
    Other than these minor concerns I can be put down as a starter subject to your thoughts.
    Cheers
    NAACS'y
    COME_AND_GET_ME7 likes this.
  3. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    yep, interested
  4. COME_AND_GET_ME7

Sure for season 1 I will limit it to the cars in the base game and free DLC. However I would highly recommend picking up the season pass the next time it goes on sale.
  5. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    im interested
  6. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    interested depending on time, i'm not doing next season of gt6 because 830 starts on school nights don't suit. also tuesday is TiTTS night for GT6so that may or may not draw numbers away from AC. I'm struggling with it a bit at the moment but i'll hopefully be good enough to circulate by the time the season starts
    @arakasi, @grassies, @Easyprey007
  7. LITTLEBLACKO942

LITTLEBLACKO942 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    LITTLEBLACKO932 GTP_AussieRacer GTP_RacerOz
  8. COME_AND_GET_ME7

I have no issue with running it earlier provided everyone else is happy to do so. Whats the latest you'd be willing to start?
  9. mikeruntbike

mikeruntbike Rookie

PSN ID
    mikeruntbike
    I'm interested
  10. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    730pm aest is the latest. after that i'm compromised in one way or another. fri and sat are fine by me btw
  11. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    are you doing any testing on AC before that
  12. COME_AND_GET_ME7

Testing of cars will have to be done offline until private lobbies are released.
  13. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    Interested yes, but have very similar time issues as Incey.
    Am undecided on anything at the moment, feels like I'm in limbo, waiting on promises from game developers.
    If the time decided suits, I will join in for sure, as I own the basic game.
  14. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    can't you pick a server with the car you want to drive in it? I was in a nordschleife tourist room the other day and some cars were available and some weren't and they were totally different from another time I was visiting the nord
  15. COME_AND_GET_ME7

Yes but not all cars have a lobby with them available in it and even if they do theres a limit as to how many can use the same car.
  16. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    I think once the lobbies go live and they prove to be a good thing interest in this will spike . I will be grabbing it if all looks good but I couldn't commit 100% yet to signing up.
  17. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    A vote here for the Nissan GTR GT3. It's fast but is relatively easy to drive. Should cater for all skill levels. Plus it's not in PCars!
  18. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Possibly interested. Will confirm when details are sorted
  19. COME_AND_GET_ME7

Unsurprisingly there has been a delay in the release of the update. Will reduce the number of rounds such that the final round is run in the week following the final round of Sunday League.

In the mean time test some cars and share your thoughts. Will get a poll up within the next week to determine the season 1 car.
  20. LITTLEBLACKO942

LITTLEBLACKO942 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    LITTLEBLACKO932 GTP_AussieRacer GTP_RacerOz