Season 7 - Division 2

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Mar 31, 2017.

1. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Oh and I won't be able to make the meet and greet. Annual Easter camping trip.

Bring on the Beer, Rum and good times.
  2. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    I'm doing exactly the same
  3. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Don't think I will make it on Sunday either sorry. Have family staying for the weekend.
  4. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    May still make this...
  5. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok guys, Track list is up in the opening post for all to see.

@garyw61 Div 2 has a group of new drivers, @TroyUB6IB9 , @Luke Snape (silly magpie), @clynt reynolds (coyote) , @Winchester Racing , @Deathpusher666 . From all i have seen they are very clean racers, and we would expect that our long term members would return the favour. Please add them to your list asap.

For the new guys there are a couple of links below that go in depth of our rules and regs. All pretty simple, dont exceed track limits looking for advantage, and dont hit anyone off track (unfairly) to gain position. IF you do, the expectation is to redress and give spot back. Drivers who exploit these rules WILL be penalised.

Things to be aware of !
    1. You will HAVE TO HAVE YOUR PIT STRAT SET to suit the individual races.
    2. Qual and first stint will be RACE SOFT.
    At your pit strat you can CHOOSE the RACE SOFT AGAIN or RACE HARD.
    3. Some tracks YOU MAY HAVE TO TAKE FUEL. I have tried to outline in the track list how much fuel you may need based on a slightly increased average from testing. Remember the pit strat fuel FILLS UP TO the amount you select. The car starts on 40L, so if you pit after 8 laps and have 30L left, but need to add 5L, then FILL TO 35 to get you home.

I will try to do a race run on the monday before each race so drivers have a week to get their head around what is needed. I would expect this to be discussed is your team chat @Hatfield.

I honestly hope you all have a great season, with some great racing. Please remember the ROOZ rules while racing.
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/racing-rules-regulations.70/
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/procedure-for-post-race-complaints-or-protests.193/

- Div 2 has 17 drivers entered. There is very few occasions where all drivers are available. IF you have 17 available, 1 driver MAY SLOT INTO DIV 3, and his 'racetime" will be used as a gauge for points in div 2. IF you have 2 races in a row where all drivers are available, then another driver will slot back if there is space available.
    - IF there is someone out of position (ie clearly wrong division) the mod team MAY change that drivers division. This would depend on our ability to swap drivers given we have full grids.
    - The mod team reserve the right to change or adjust the regulations AT ANY TIME, if there is a clear issue with the regs as they stand currently. This could be laps, start time, date or weather settings.

I will try to get the driver briefing up early in the week for all drivers .

Any questions, or if i have missed anything please let us know.

Stu and ads
    garyw61 likes this.
  6. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    I will open a room around 7.30 EST tonight for those who haven't gone Easter camping.

I have everyone added (or invites sent) except Clynt (coyote) - a search of PSN for coyote just brings up too many results. Clynt, could you please add me so I can flick you an invite for tonight?
  7. George

George Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Tuddy5611
    Sorry I am not going to make the meet and greet. Have work on. See you all next week :D
  8. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Good racing tonight lads, looks like there will be some close action this season! Results below.

Send us that sharefactory link Stozza!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    George and dj2ca like this.
  9. freddyp_33

freddyp_33 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    freddyp_33
    Looks like we will be in for some good racing this season. All the usual prospects plus the newbies like winchester and deadpusher will keep everyone on their toes. If I can run mid pack I will be more than happy. But i might be a bit optimistic I think.
  10. Luke Snape

Luke Snape New Recruit

PSN ID
    Silly_Magpie
    Sorry I didn't make it.all that bloody chocalate made me sick. Now I remember why I dont eat chocolate. Ill be there rnd 1
    Anthonyb likes this.
  11. Winchester Racing

Winchester Racing New Recruit

G,day everyone, see you track side,
    cheerin.
    stucar17, v8power383 and SPL Racing like this.
  12. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Hey guys.

Stu has asked me to create group chats for each division on PlayStation Messages so I can forward important information from the forum there (for those who don't visit the forum often of may miss it).

Your group chat has just been created.

I haven't been able to add the following people:

@POPPINFRESH1234
    I have a Poppinfresh on my friends list but it's PoppinFr3sh987, which doesn't line up with the info on your profile page here.

@dunamotornz
    You're not on my friends list yet

@clynt reynolds

@TroyUB6IB9

Could you please add me (dj2ca) as a friend on PlayStation so I can add you to the chat?
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
    garyw61 likes this.
  13. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    that's my correct psn id :)
    dj2ca likes this.
  14. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Thanks mate, you might wanna just change the info on your profile page here then. I'll add you to the chat now.
  15. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Thanks dj
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Thanks @dj2ca , big help..... maybe this is the first post to go into the PSN chat before i do the driver briefing tomorrow.

PLEASE READ !
    IMPORTANT ...... REGS ADJUSTMENT AND R1 INFO !

With the tire regs the way we have them (and the way the game works), there is NO WAY of stopping drivers from mixing tyres IE, at the pit stop running hards on the front and soft on the rear. SO, we are allowing drivers to mix and match their tyres to suit their own pit strategy. A few drivers are pretty hard on the softs, so running a mix of HARD FRONT and SOFT REAR works ok for a few drivers... It is up to you, REMEMBER YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE THIS SET IN YOUR PIT STRATEGY BEFORE YOU ENTER THE PROPER RACE ROOM ON SUNDAY NIGHT. Personally, i didn't gain any advantage mixing tyres, running just .3 off my race PB on the last lap.

TYRE STRAT :

If you are chewing through your soft tyres (dead after about 6 - 8 laps) you will have to take hards OR A MIX for your stop so you can get to the end without having to stop twice. (hard front - soft rear). Remember the earlier you pit, the less time you take for fuel.

FUEL STRATS :
    OK, so i did a race run last night and we were right on with the predicted 1.8L of fuel per lap. (i was 1.75 Av). We worked out the following. (remember fuel in pit is "fill tank up to" NOT add to what you have !)

ALL BASED ON 1.8L per lap...
    PIT END LAP 6 - Fuel up to 35L
    PIT END LAP 10 - Fuel up to 28L
    PIT END LAP 13 - fuel up to 24L

If you have any questions regarding the regs fire them at us..... I think this covers pretty much all strategy options, if you dont have a chance to test any of them i would go with the safest option which would be the following

Pit end lap 8, fuel in pit strat to 32L and change to HARD tyre. (
    SET IN STRAT BEFORE YOU ENTER RACE ROOM)

FINALLY, remember to have JUST 1 pit strategy in your list.....delete all others INCLUDING default so the game doesnt confuse itself.

Cheers stu
    garyw61 and POPPINFRESH1234 like this.
  17. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    how does pitting early take less time to fuel? Is that another glitch?
  18. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    It shouldn't take any longer to fuel as you are only adding the extra required to do the distance whenever you pit, the later you pit though the lower the tank level you have to fill to to make it to the end. Stu's calculations are only the level to which you have to fill to not the amount of fuel to be taken.
    POPPINFRESH1234 likes this.
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Emmos right mate, my bad !
    Given you only have to add approx 5L it wont matter when you pit, the time will be the same...
    POPPINFRESH1234 likes this.
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    SUPERCARS WORLD TOUR.

Round 1
    - 23/4
    Watkins Glen GP USA- 25 laps - 10/3/16 - Race start @ 2pm.
    Weather Slots : Heavy cloud, Light cloud, Hazy, light cloud
    Based on 1.8L per lap over 25 laps, will need to run 45L (add 5L)

PLEASE BE ON TIME.
    Race Rooms will opened by host at approx 7:30 Sydney time (tune room) for people to set up their pit strategy, with the room host to open the NON TUNE race room at about 8pm Sydney time. If you cant make it PLEASE let the host / captain know in the division thread or by sending a message on PSN. With reserve drivers its important that everyone knows whats happening so we can place the spare div 1 and 2 guy if possible (17th driver)

[​IMG]

OK guys, Driver briefing for round 1 of the Supercars World Series.

TRACK LIMITS : As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. We all make a mistake or 2, but if you are caught "continually and obviously" running outside the track limits to gain advantage you will be penalized by the stewards group. Turn 1 is an obvious place, there is a penalty there if you go too wide, so be warned ! The "BUS-STOP" will penalise hard as well if you take too much curb. Its the same at Turn 10, experiment with how wide you can go, you will end up getting pinged with a time penalty, or the curb will bite hard ! BE WARNED....IF YOU CONTINUALLY EXCEED TRACK LIMITS EXPECT A PENALTY.

CONTACT : IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front, and gain an advantage you MUST REDRESS and give the place back. Failure to do so could result in a penalty from the stewards group. Obviously, this is a higher chance at the bus-stop, and turns 7,8 and 9. We have seen a few examples last season of contact to the rear of another car, pushing them off track. This is the classic redress situation. PLEASE REDRESS IF YOU DO THIS TO AVOID A PENALTY.

PASSING : Is plenty of spots to set up a pass here. When a car pulls along side you are EXPECTED to give racing room. Contact in being aggressive trying to defend will be looked at, better to give room and continue the fight.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Don't need to be a rocket scientist to know that you can't win the race in the first corner, but you sure as hell can lose it for yourself and / or ruin another drivers races by either being too aggressive OR too defensive into T1. Stay in your lane till the grid shakes out by turns 3 and 4. Last time we raced here there were issues at turn 1, lap 1 with guys being too aggressive.........please get through there cleanly ! Use your brains here lads and give room to those around you. Back half of the grid need to brake a little earlier and not cause chaos with kamikazee passes into 1.

COMPULSORY PITSTOP : All drivers must make a compulsory pitstop. Pit lane is open from LAP 1. All drivers will have to make sure their pit strat is sorted for each round, and make the decision of wanting to take the soft / hard or a mix of the 2 at their pitstop. We have found in the past that having multiple strategies can cause issues, so i would recommend you delete all except for the falcon one (even default).

FUEL : You will need to add 'approx' 5L to finish the race. REMEMBER your pit strat fuel bar is what the pit crew will fuel UP TO. Below is an approx strategy / fuel guide that is an ESTIMATE ONLY for the guys that dont have a lot of time to prac / test....Done blame me if it doesnt work for you ;)
    ALL BASED ON 1.8L per lap...
    PIT END LAP 6 - Fuel up to 35L (should be on 'about' 30L on pit entry)
    PIT END LAP 10 - Fuel up to 28L (should be on 'about' 23L on pit entry)
    PIT END LAP 13 - fuel up to 24L (should be on 'about' 18L on pit entry)

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : Both are straightforward, however DO NOT swerve across the front of other cars on entry. Drivers should remain right on the exit of turn 11 for a clean entry into pit lane.
    On EXIT, drivers should be aware of fast drivers approaching. The exit line isnt that long, so you should have no issues on the run into turn 1. . Please stay as far right as possible into T1 if there is traffic approaching, once through the first corner then all should be good to resume racing.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. With the 2 classes there is slightly more chance of blue flags coming into play, so you should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will again be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until 12PM monday night to submit a protest, and 12PM Tuesday night for your evidence to be submitted (ie video).
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

NOTE : We will be tweaking the penalties / penalty table a little this season, to give a little more wriggle room with how the penalties are handed out, and for the severity of the 'infringement'. This is still a work in progress however and may not be finalized before round 1.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY ! : Please remember to save your replay after the race. If you want to protest anything, we can only act on the info we have in front of us, failure to do so will not enable us to view things from your game perspective, and with some of the issues we have seen, this could have a massive influence on how the stewards group will view and rule on any incident.

Hope you all have a great season guys,