OFFICIAL Entry list Season 8

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jun 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

I'm in, boys. Mind out of the gutter the Rumbles, lol.
  2. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

hehe, was about to start calling you Eltonwah :p
  3. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    In relation to the sprint rounds. When it was first implemented, it was when we had a shorter race length in place, so the sprint rounds meant you could have balls to the wall racing without having to have tyre strategy or conservation in mind.

But with the change to the longer format racing, the sprint races became longer too, so you would have to add a pit strategy or tyre conservation into your mindset (even before the multi-compound rule came into effect).

How about changing the sprint round to say 3 x races? Make each one shorter so you still end up with roughly the same total race time. And with the multi-compound rule, say Race 1 is on hards, Race 2 is on softs and Race 3 is driver's choice. Race 2 can still be reverse grid and Race 3 grid positions determined by Race 2 finishing position.

Just an idea lads.

P.S. Also, what about making the gap between the 2 compounds larger? Say throw out the mediums, and have hards & softs? I dunno, just thinking out loud.
  4. MrTopCat

MrTopCat New Recruit

Turbo, I really like the idea of tossing out the meds to increase the gap between the compounds. It would make you have to really think about your strategy. Sprint round idea is a good one too, but 1 slip up on track and you probably wont be able to catch the leaders in a shorter sprint. Great ideas tho
  5. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    The only downside i see in splitting the compounds to using hard and soft, is that the life out of them, for the length of race we do, might see LESS strategy because in a 30 lap race you might be able to get 20 laps out of them. Given the cars proposed this season are less HP, and therefore easier on the tire. In my mind, the need for more pitting because of the softer tire gives more scope for strategy.

Will do a heap of testing and see where that leaves us.

As for the sprint rounds, maybe we just use one compound for those races so its not a strategy race, just a "balls out" fastest wins set up, still with the reverse grid though, same points structure which i think works well.

Stu
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Barra , Darko season 8 ???
  7. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    I like the idea of using hards and softs, it might mean you have the option not to stop at all especially in the sprint round.
  8. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    I would really love to see the sprint rounds return to a no pit stop sort of race. This is why I suggested chopping it into 3 races for the round. Yea, with the shorter races if you fark up, there isn't much chance of catching the leaders, but that's the whole different game with a sprint race.

It will require testing I think, as Stu said, with the possibility of a lower HP car and Sports tyres, they may last a full sprint race (as it currently stands) anyway.
  9. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

The thing with a sprint round is you shouldn't have to pace yourself to conserve tyres, and I don't think it should be so long that we have to pit. I think we either use a much harder compound or make the sprint races much shorter.
  10. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    :D

Div 2 is mine :cool:
  11. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    :lol: Hey m8 not yet!!! you better eat ya weeties, there is some very fast boys in Div 2 just waiting to blow the door off of every1 to win...
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Good stuff barra....will put you in...
  13. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    I will partake in this little gathering.
  14. xNeVeR_eNoUgHx

xNeVeR_eNoUgHx Brett

After my dismal return that was season 7 I have decided to press on to Season 8. I know I'm capable of better and intend on finding the form that I showed in the early seasons...
  15. sirdave

sirdave New Recruit

Yes, please. I'll have another crack!
  16. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

Depends if i make a comeback or not :p
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    i think you should !!!
  18. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Eggzackly!
  19. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    i'm in for another season, might try and palm off the host's job for this season though. any takers ?
  20. Venosuala

Venosuala New Recruit

Ill go around again.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.