Reiza Automobilista

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by TheStig13, Jul 2, 2016.

1. TheStig13

TheStig13 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    [​IMG]
    Automobilista is the latest sim from Reiza Studios, the creators of Stock Car Extreme and Formula Truck. Whilst it still uses the venerable ISI gMotor2 (rFactor) engine, there have been plenty of improvements made upon the base of the sim - including dynamic track conditions, improved shaders and more advanced force feedback/wheel settings (including automatic wheel rotation & lock to match the real settings for each car), just to name a few.

[​IMG]

The range of content in the sim still has a largely Brazilian flavour with all of the tracks and cars returning from Stock Car Extreme, however there is a lot more of an international focus with the content that is new to Automobilista. These include Virginia International Raceway, a V10 Formula car, the 'Boxer Cup' (which is inspired by a certain rear engined one make racer) and the awesome three-wheeling Super Truck.

[​IMG]

There is a range of DLC planned, which can be either purchased seperately, in a set of packs or by buying an 'all-in-one' pack directly from Reiza which also grants access to the Beta version of the sim and the closed backers forum (details of the All Inclusive package can be found here: http://forum.reizastudios.com/threa...-now-in-offer-what-they-are-and-why-join.227/).

[​IMG]

The first DLC pack will be the Brit Pack, which includes 3 makes of British sports cars (Ultima GTR, Caterham and the MCR Sports 2000) and 3 tracks (Cadwell Park, Brands Hatch and Oulton Park).
    [​IMG]

If there is enough interest in Automobilista here at ROOZ, I am considering setting up a server to run a league using it.
    ashcow, Cherno, Shaun_A and 1 other person like this.
  2. zampli

zampli Team Driver

sounds great, probably my favourite sim in terms of feel but im not sure if id be able to commit to a league as im starting studying again a couple weeks, especially with AC as well but id love if we jumped on this a bit more.
  3. TheStig13

PSN ID
    thestig-13
  4. Shaun_A

Shaun_A Team Driver Gold Member

TheStig13 likes this.
  5. TheStig13

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    Here's the Brazilian Stock Car that @Shaun_A and I will be racing in RaceDepartment's upcoming Virtual Stock Car Championship:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

First race is this weekend at Albert Park - there should be a live stream on the RaceDepartment website starting at about 7:00PM (AEDT) this Saturday, with the race starting at 8:25PM. (Will try and post a link to this before the start of the event).
  6. TheStig13

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    Anon666 likes this.
  7. TheStig13

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    The most recent update to Automobilista had a largely Australian theme to it, with the release of the Aussie Race Car Camaro (as a free update) and Adelaide with both the current V8 Supercar and classic F1 layouts as DLC.
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  8. AaronSutton

AaronSutton Rookie

I love AMS, but cannot play it after purchasing the rift. Can't wait for Reiza 2017 to come through with VR support
  9. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Gonna have to get on discord with you one night and set it up Stiggy. I've loaded it up twice and it looks and plays like Sega Rally. I assume it's all in the settings etc, but I haven't been able to commit to another rabbit hole...
  10. TheStig13

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    @Shaun.A and I will again represent ROOZ in the latest RaceDepartment AMS league - season 11 of the RD Touring Car Championship using the recently released Aussie Racing Car.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Pringles_947, KoAStR, Cherno and 4 others like this.
  11. TheStig13

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    This season of RDTCC will be live streamed, so if you want to watch @Shaun_A and I in action for RaceOnOz Motorsport as well as @Casper for Team APIA you can do so by watching on RaceDepartment's Twitch channel (https://www.twitch.tv/racedepartment) or on YouTube.

The live stream kicks off at 8:20pm AEST for qualifying.
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  12. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    How did you boys go?
  13. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    How did you boys go?
  14. TheStig13

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    We had a fairly decent result, Shaun especially did well with a 2nd and a 4th, whilst I choked away a front row start with poor defense by finishing 7th after a late spin and 5th in the second race.
    Peter Wise and KoAStR like this.
  15. TheStig13

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    Round 2 of the RDTCC was dominated by ROOZ - in qualifying we locked out the front row. Race 1 went very well, as @Shaun_A and I both got great starts and ran in formation throughout the entire race, finishing over 6 seconds ahead of the rest of the pack, with myself leading home Shaun by the huge margin of two tenths.

Race 2 wasn't quite as straightforward, with a top 10 reverse grid based on the race 1 results. I got caught in a lap 1 incident that had started ahead of me and dropped to the back whilst Shaun set off after the leaders, eventually having a race long battle with @Casper, who spun after an unfortunate incident with a lapped car. Shaun came home with the win, whilst I dragged a bent car back up to 8th.

Cherno, Casper, Peter Wise and 2 others like this.
  16. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Well done guys epic watching.
    Pity about the loose for Jamie race 1 was battling so well but some redemption after a great drive race 2.

And getting reversed into stiggy oh dear! Still looks like a great series cool to see a team effort.
    Last edited: May 9, 2017
    Casper likes this.
  17. TheStig13

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    @Shaun_A and I are returning to the world of Automobilista league racing with the Automobilista Supercars Championship, starting tonight with the second round of the series at Albert Park. We'll be taking on some of the top simracing teams in the country, with the likes of TTR, Altus eSports, TTL eSports and Synergy Sim Racing all fielding entries in the series.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The race will be broadcast on YouTube, I'll chuck the link up here when it goes live.
    Anon666, Peter Wise, andyo450 and 3 others like this.
  18. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Looks slick. Good luck guys!
    TheStig13 likes this.
  19. TheStig13

PSN ID
    thestig-13
  20. TheStig13

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    A very successful night for RaceOnOz at Barbagello with a double win and a pole position for @Shaun_A and a podium in race 1 for myself. With that result we've also taken the lead in the teams championship :D
    Peter Wise, Anon666, Hatfield and 3 others like this.