Season 7 - Division 2

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Mar 31, 2017.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Only other thing i wanted to add was that i wont split the div in 2 (2a and 2b championship) this season given we have so many new entries and the possibility of drivers slotting up or back if all 17 ar available.
    George and POPPINFRESH1234 like this.
  2. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
  3. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Won't be available for the second round at Bathurst:(
    @stucar17 With more and more people in this situation, have you looked at the possibility of pushing the whole season back and having that weekend off? Has been done many times in the past for long weekends as it is here in QLD.
    VARDZ, Anthonyb and AOCleaner74 like this.
  4. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    I will have a warm-up room open tonight from around 7.30pm Sydney time. Please make sure you set your pit strategy in this room if you haven't already. Qualifying will start at 8.10pm, and then there will be a 5 minute warm-up after this for drivers to fix any issues, grab a drink or empty bladders.

Please keep mics muted during qualifying and the race.

Also, could we have a volunteer for timekeeper please? Not much involved really, just need screenshots of qualy results, race results (total times) and fastest laps. Then posting them here in this thread.
    TheJuzzy and t_b_williams like this.
  5. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    @gary may be a swap with poppinfresh up to d1.....stay tuned
  6. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Can do. :thumbsup:
    garyw61 and stucar17 like this.
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Also guys, i have sent message to @POPPINFRESH1234 to see if he can move up to div 1.....Saw some stats from a prac race the other night and he will be top half div 1.....

@garyw61 i have asked if @SPL Racing is cool to move back...
    garyw61 likes this.
  8. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Thanks TB
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    spl has replied to say he is keen to stay D1....have asked @Zachery on PSN
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    well, not really, with guys away each week he was going to be a regular...I think Jim was away tonight and he was taking his spot
    George likes this.
  11. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Thanks Stu. Yep, Troy has accepted my FR now :thumbsup:. All good!
    stucar17 likes this.
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok, so i have @Zachery slotting back for @POPPINFRESH1234
    George, Zachery, dj2ca and 1 other person like this.
  13. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Good to see everyone who said they would turn up turned up even it did come at the expense of me racing. Hope you all had a tough, clean race. See you all next week (Fingers Crossed).
    JonoStan96 and stucar17 like this.
  14. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

At least you weren't fighting for the lead after qualifying on pole and disconnected on lap 9
    stucar17 and POPPINFRESH1234 like this.
  15. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Thanks for the restart guys. Caught the young fella watching YouTube. :mad:
    Pretty happy with a 6th or 7th. Depends on what a replay shows.
    Will get times up tomorrow night after work.
  16. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Sorry for the dogs breakfast at the start there guys. My thoughts were that I wanted to give everyone the opportunity to race in the first week of racing in a car that people have been waiting for since pcars was released. I probably should have gone through the re-start procedure before the race sorry. Unfortunately with the shocking audio in the room, and trying to reset things, plus posting messages to PSN group and answering peoples questions, it all got a bit hectic.

In hindsight though, with the fuel restrictions this season and inability to change pitstop options, it probably would be better to just 'race on' if someone disconnects during qualifying/the race. I was panicking all race that someone was going to run out of fuel because of the extra lap added for the rolling start. If it happens at Bathurst next week, it will definitely be an issue. Is everyone in agreement with this? Please speak up if not.

Other than this, racing was great thanks guys, had a blast! Had a great battle with @agolfer78 before the pitstops, then an epic 12 lap battle with @dunamotornz after my pitstop. I came out on softs after my pitstop, while he had done an earlier stop and put hards on (I presume). Spent the next 12 laps trying to get past him, but just couldn't find a way to do it. Great racing mate, I was drenched in sweat after it!
    dunamotornz and stucar17 like this.
  17. agolfer78

agolfer78 Team Driver Gold Member

Good racing last night. I decided to pit a couple laps earlier then I did in my full length practice to try and get the undercut but it ended up being 3 laps earlier as I didnt consider the extra lap! So I was a sitting duck at the end of the race. Cant remember who it was last lap on the final corner I took way to much kerb and I fired me straight into them then things got magnetic. Thanks for the redress sillymagpie, nice job getting the pass done after though.
    Luke Snape likes this.
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Well done last night guys, big grid which is what we were looking for....

NOW THE BIG PROBLEM !!!!!
    and this will be a generic post to all threads...

The issue we have is that we now have too many drivers for 3 divs.....
    I have @bubba gee missed last night along with @Mattozi while @seth123 is keen to race every week and he was subbing for zachery who i ended up moving to D2., Div 2 had @Jim_aka_The_Man away and @COME_AND_GET_ME7 couldnt get a slot and now @redness-63 is keen to race but is way too fast for div 3......

So the big issue is would anyone take issue with postponing a week, changing to 4 divs and using the spare week to try to recruit a few more drivers to fill up the extra spots.....I think it would give div 1 16, and the other divs roughly 12 per grid....

The only other way to do it is to put the extra guys in their own div and give them points based on race time or similar....We could even rotate drivers out for the 'spares room' if we have too many each week.....

Need to make a decision on this asap, so everyone knows whats going on....it is unprecedented to have 5 new entries the day before season start
    George, garyw61 and freddyp_33 like this.
  19. Luke Snape

Luke Snape New Recruit

PSN ID
    Silly_Magpie
    Was good racing from all. was abit confussed why we restarted the race 3 times. I hope this is sorted by rnd 2. I have always beleived in no restarts. we had a good start on that first start, any ways.,.. my race was good, 7th to 4th. me and agolfer had a great battle towards the end and my tires let me past him on the final lap. Great race guys
  20. Luke Snape

Luke Snape New Recruit

PSN ID
    Silly_Magpie
    has anyone got some footage of the start?