Season 13 - Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Beau's time.
    Party in 1.39s like the rest of us humans.
    KeedenMcdonald likes this.
  2. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    I stand by this even more now.
    Also it would seem I suck at this car and or track. On an unrelated note, does anyone know a retailer of 2L bottles of "Get Good"? Uh, asking for a friend..
  3. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Here you go (not quite 2L, though):
    [​IMG]
    StigsTC likes this.
  4. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Rookie

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    I'll take some too. My best time so far is only a 1:40.3 while losing momentum out of the 2nd last corner.
  5. BMWF30328

BMWF30328 Rookie

I figure if I don't practice Matterhorn, or talk about Matterhorn, I might remain sane come Sunday night. I have not tried the rocket at any other track yet but based on the few laps I tolerated at Matterhorn, I am concerned about maintaining enthusiasm for a season...this is not a car that suits me at all. I am nowhere near the pace with low 1:40's and I just got too frustrated to keep trying. My experience, on these tyres, is you can't get all wheel drift like you would in a formula Ford which means there is little adjustability via throttle..there is only ploughing at the front end from my experience so far..I couldn't even seem to get any lift off over steer to negate the ploughing..not sure what everyone else is encountering....ROCKET 1, ME 0. Can I also ask about the track limits particularly at the right hander after the short downhill Shute...where is the track limit on that section? Can you ride that high line up against the fence?
  6. holdenman05

holdenman05 Team Driver

PSN ID
    holdenman05
    i am so getting last this week looking at these times
  7. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    What brakes set at? I found it easier to turn in with the brakes not too high, I ran 6/10 and thought it felt awful n car wouldn't turn, at 4/8 and works fine for me
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    if you mean over the white line limit... then no
  9. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    No lobby yet?
  10. KeedenMcdonald

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    Nope.
  11. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Room now up.
  12. KeedenMcdonald

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    Great race tonight guys!!!
    I had a lot of problems tonight as my wheel lost power on my qualifying lap n cost me my 1:37 but lucky i rolled through the line, I'm also so sorry to nigzguns for the contact under the bridge
    Much as the race start was bad for me the comeback was good fun so i still enjoy tonight and thanks for the race tonight i'll see everyone next race! :)
    Hatfield, StigsTC, JonoStan96 and 2 others like this.
  13. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Well that was shocking, I need to remember that this is not F1 and I can't just rock up cold after months of not playing the game and expect to be on the pace.

I struggled big time with the rear end, and ultimately I was becoming a danger to the other drivers.

At least Sierra has smoother tarmac so I hope to be back on form there.
    Great win Stigs, superb drive.
    StigsTC likes this.
  14. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    bmx_mtb_boy and StigsTC like this.
  15. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Great Poker Stig :rolleyes:
    Great Win :thumbsup:
  16. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Nah, I poured myself some of the 'Git Gud' Bryan provided and smashed out 108 laps over 3 hours instead of watching V8Supercars. Got a 38.5 at the end of it before I stopped for dinner, but that was still nowhere near the 37.9 Beau had. It would have been no contest if he didn't get swamped off the start.
    Only had a 40.5 Friday night but the swap to DS3 gave me some confidence to actually attack and run laps without being killed horribly every 2nd lap.
    Edit - great drive by Party, we had nearly identical best laps and the gap between us never really moved at all during the race without outside influence like pitstops.
    REVO_Bryan likes this.
  17. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Rookie

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    Semi decent race for me. Qualified 9th then had a good first few laps to make it up to 5th, then 4th a bit later. Then lost a few places to faster drivers to finish 7th. Not too bad considering I pretty much never drive on any Matterhorn track.
    StigsTC likes this.
  18. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    Qually: Expected to be mid pack but P4 was not bad to be starting from.
    Race: Happy with the result, I knew my fastest pace was way to risky and having only really practised consistent mistake free laps, i was happy to pull them off. Had nowhere near the pace of @StigsTC or @lets_party-1611 and held the gap back to 4th. Only worry was near the end of the race where a fast charging @KeedenMcdonald was forcing me to take over a second offy lap times I was doing mid race. Very glad that tracks done though.
  19. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

no prob @KeedenMcdonald, I was trying to give you room too as I knew you were way faster
    had a great race on debut in Div1, had no dials or lights at the start, just the START beep when i was on 10% throttle... seemed to actually help me with the first lap mishaps & i saw 2 others still on the grid so maybe i wasn't the only one with a tech prob...
    also, when i pitted, got the pit dialogue box, clicked on it but then my car didnt actually pull in left for tyres it just kept trundling thru the pitlane & i made up a bunch of time on Jay pitting ahead of me
    my one & only spin going up the mountian was all Russ needed to get by with about 9 laps to go
    cheers guys, see you at Sierra
  20. KeedenMcdonald

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    Yes same here, it just said start and I didn't have revs up and lost 8 places lol