Season 7 - Division 1

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Mar 31, 2017.

1. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    What a fun race that was, still figuring out how I stuck it on pole but that was probably my highlight of the night. Had a brilliant start and was getting ready to fend off @Toranafan-02 until he fell afoul to a pit lane penalty :( A couple of laps later @Slambobagan was all over my bumper and he made a last minute dive into turn and caught me off guard. We both ran wide and @mikeruntbike did a Bradbury on us :laugh: :laugh:
    Unfortunately I went for a trip into the barriers at the next turn and the rest of my race was actually quite lonely but I could see some massive battle packs at the front and back of the field. @POPPINFRESH1234 was unlucky with the issues he had but at least it was a team mate who took over your spot. Had to fend of @v8power383 for a few laps but managed to keep him back there and came away with P5. It was definitely a great start to the season with a full grid and great clean racing, looking forward to RD 2.
    Congrats Slambo, Mike and AO on the podium
  2. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    What a great race last night! It was relentless the whole way through. Was happy with a 44.1 in qualy as I hadn't been in the 43's at all in practice so that was good and put me mid pack at 8th.

I bogged the start a bit and tiptoed through the commotion at turn 1 just trying to keep it clean. The first stint was so close between all the cars that were nose to tail, trying to follow the car in front while v8 hounded me lap after lap trying to get by. I was decent in sector 1 and 3 but terrible in sector 2 loosing a few tenths a lap at the bus stop. I could pull a few car lengths on v8 through the final turns onto the straight and maintain it up the hill but would loose it all through the bus stop and the next long right hander.

V8 must have been getting pretty frustrated but to his credit never touched me or dive bombed. We got along side a number of times but I always managed to keep my nose in front. I followed Stu around until we both pitted on lap 13, probably a lap too late as v8 jumped us both in the pit stop. had some good battles with Stu and Benny in the second stint until they came undone and gifted me 2 spots up to 7th. My tyres were fading fast and I couldn't keep Jason behind me putting me back to 8th where I started.

Congrats to @mikeruntbike for the win and @Slambobagan and @AOCleaner74 for rounding out the podium.
  3. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    [​IMG]

Race positions still provisional at this stage
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    dj2ca and SPL Racing like this.
  4. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Well, what a great night of racing that was...Thanks guys.

Looking at the fastest laps above and the number of battles that were had through the field we should have a fantastic season.

My night.....qualied 10th with near on a PB, and was happy with that given i hadnt done much prac through the week.

I 'thought' i would be ok on tires for 2 stints on the soft, but it ended up being my achilles heel..... ahhh, hindsight !

So, got an absolute cracking start, and was up to 6th, but @POPPINFRESH1234 was on me pretty quick and i was hoping that by pushing so hard he would kill his tyres, so i let him go hoping to play the long game..... @Coojak3009 was on me fast too, so let the team mate go rather than hold him up..

Running in 8th, with @SPL Racing about a sec behind, and the gap bounced a little, till our pit stops at the end of lap 13....was thinking that fresh tyres at the end would be a massive advantage. Caught @RHINO11 and @v8power383 about 3 or 4 laps into the stint, but couldnt get past, @POPPINFRESH1234 had his issue and then @its-benny-racer was on our tail as well to make it a 4 car fight....

We made slight contact at turn 6, which took us both out of the fight with rhino and V8.....by this stage poppin was on us again and i was fighting with him on the last lap, i made a balls up of turn 8 and hit him, so tried to let him through on the line, only to let benny through as well to finish in 12th.....

Well done to rhino for pole, great time,.......and also to @mikeruntbike , @Slambobagan and @AOCleaner74 for the podium finishes....

NOW THE BIG PROBLEM !!!!!
    and this will be a generic post to all threads...

The issue we have is that we now have too many drivers for 3 divs.....
    I have @bubba gee missed last night along with @Mattozi while @seth123 is keen to race every week and he was subbing for zachery who i ended up moving to D2., Div 2 had @Jim_aka_The_Man away and @COME_AND_GET_ME7 couldnt get a slot and now @redness-63 is keen to race but is way too fast for div 3......

So the big issue is would anyone take issue with postponing a week, changing to 4 divs and using the spare week to try to recruit a few more drivers to fill up the extra spots.....I think it would give div 1 16, and the other divs roughly 12 per grid....

The only other way to do it is to put the extra guys in their own div and give them points based on race time or similar....We could even rotate drivers out for the 'spares room' if we have too many each week.....

Need to make a decision on this asap, so everyone knows whats going on....it is unprecedented to have 5 new entries the day before season start
    AOCleaner74 and seth123 like this.
  5. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    I'm happy to postpone by a week to get divs sorted, i'm sure that will make a lot of people happy that were going to miss Bathurst plus it will give more practice time. If there are guys that want to race it would be good to get them in instead of them missing out.
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Have a possible extra as well now !!
    psn shane0kayn0 is another from @bubba gee group.....
    Coojak3009 likes this.
  7. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
  8. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    Extra week is good.
    Better too have as many people as possible driving and having no one miss out.
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    seth123 likes this.
  10. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    I'm away
    Actually you prob already know that after I told you 20 million times last night:D
    seth123 likes this.
  11. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Ill fill in then
  12. Ford69xw

Ford69xw Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    metalsteel
    Where do I join for the Bathurst race I'm a newbie at least to this league. division etc? any help would be most grateful.
  13. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    @stucar17 can point you in the right direction mate. He'll jump on and get in contact with you.
  14. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
  15. Ford69xw

Ford69xw Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    metalsteel
    Thankyou! Will Wait for The Contact!
  16. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    v8power383 likes this.
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    OK guys...After long discussion last night with mods, room captains and senior ROOZ members, here is what is going to happen for the remaining 6 rounds ...
    - We will be keeping 3 full divisions with reserve drivers. When we crunched the numbers, we still had only 8 drivers for div 4 which, if you have a few away, isnt great for anyone. We all know how lonely it can get running on your own in a small room.
    - We will continue to have RESERVE drivers for each division, and they will be offered a spot on the grid where there is a driver away.
    - In the case of division 1 @seth123 will have the first spare spot and @Mattozi will have 2nd spot.
    - The season will continue as planned with R2 this week. We debated about moving it back a week, however for the number of drivers it helped, it also disadvantaged just as many. Its a no win, so we decided to keep the season as scheduled.
    - For Round 2, @AOCleaner74 has indicated he is away, so @seth will fill his spot....with @Mattozi next reserve in line
    - For the above reasons, PLEASE LET ME KNOW if you cant make it so mattozi can get a spot

RESERVE DRIVER DIVISION
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/season-7-reserve-driver-division.2715/

- @seth123 @Mattozi
    What we proposed last night, was that if all drivers are available, we will run a "Reserve Driver" lobby, with the same race regs and rounds as the regular season. The following will apply
    - We know we can draft you into the full race room if someone DNS at short notice
    - Drivers who race in this 'RESERVE' room WILL STILL be eligible for the end of season prize pack
    - Race times and fastest laps will be added to the tables.
    - for new drivers it's a good way for us to assess driver speed for seasons moving forward.
    - I will getting this new thread sorted ASAP !

As i am sure you are all aware, there were positives and negatives to changing things up after the first round, however when we looked at the numbers, and the rarity of all being available every round, and the smaller div 3 and 4 grids we all agreed it was better keep things as they are, with the alternative being to provide another room for the spare / new drivers.

I hope you all understand and respect the decision.

Cheers Stu and Ads
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
    Blindman, seth123, SPL Racing and 3 others like this.
  18. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

@stucar17 will there be any drivers changing divs after round 1
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    not at this stage....from what we could see there wasnt anyone 'clearly' out of division
    Only change is Red, but will explain that in Div 3 thread
    Anthonyb likes this.
  20. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Are we racing this Sunday now?