Season 7 - Division 3

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Mar 31, 2017.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    thats a real possibility but it would be that way anyway if we had 4 divs to start with
  2. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    There'll be some headscratching behind the scenes but I think it would be better for all involved to spread the numbers over 4 divs so we don't have an 'also-ran' div of 5-6 drivers.
  3. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    @bubba gee you seem to be really good on a controller, any chance of passing on your setting to telum ?
    There is a chance for some big changes for R2...see above post...
    Was that bounty lagging at the start :eek:
  4. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Not trying to be difficult but I wouldn't be overly happy about that. The point of the divisions is to have drivers who are relatively evenly matched so the racing is fair and unbiased, isn't it? If we're driving to try to win a championship it wouldn't be fair to have out-of-class drivers shoved in, thus removing the chance of trying for a championship win.
  5. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Unfortunately for me yes. Through no fault of @Bounty05 it was very distracting and cost me I feel a few places early on as I hesitated slightly. I had already been taken out in quali from his lag I didn't want it to take out my race too.

If I hadn't been so late I'd have quit and reset my router soon as I realised the issue in practice but oh well.
    stucar17 likes this.
  6. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Need to have a good look at times from the weekend gone to put people where they need to be looking at fastest lap time from race and qually @redness didn't get a clean lap in for qually because of traffic but I'm sure would have taken pole by at least a second. If you or we all can make 4 divs work it could be good. And by the way more than happy to postpone by a week or even start the season again
  7. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Hmmmmmm
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    everyone would be placed in a div based on their pace as it is now..... div 1 would be largely unchanged, and div 4 would be the bottom guys from 3...will do a quick mock up of 4 and see where it all fits.

The other option is to run a "spare drivers div" and rotate drivers in and out of their nominated division for a week.....they could possibly get points based on race time or similar.....Is a tough one.
  9. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

The only problem I see with the spare div is that could give guys an advantage they wouldn't otherwise have, with passing opportunities being limited track position has a big effect on results.

To me, if there is any risk of having guys miss out because there isn't room (like last night), that's when it's time to bite the bullet and add another div.
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    yeah, not 'racing' someone does give an advantage.

My worry of going to 4 though is having grid of 12....2 cant make it, 2 DSC and all of a sudden you get 8 cars and an ordinary race.....16 last night was awesome !
  11. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Full grids are always better. We're bound to end up with tiny grids if we go to four. Nobody wants that, we always have much better racing with a full pack of cars on track. Plus, not to sound mean or anything but these guys did have weeks and weeks to get their entries in. The guys that did get in on time shouldn't have to suffer because others didn't. They would suffer because:

1. Four divs means potentially wonky divs.
    2. Four divs means eventually smaller grids.
  12. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    I think it would be unfair to start the whole season again just because of some issues that can be sorted out. To me that's just an 'easy' way out. I guess Danial Ricciardo would love to 'restart' his season after the Melbourne GP issue, but it's not going to happen so we need to deal with it and move forward.
    Coojak3009 and dj2ca like this.
  13. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Totally agree with dj. Who ever missed out on the start of the season misses out. We can't suddenly create smaller grids to suit an new handful of guys, need to look at the big picture here, sorry to sound harsh but not everybody can be made happy in this circumstance. For example, if I can't make it to 1 race i.e. Bathurst then that's my problem, I wouldn't expect the rest of the regular members to shuffle things around just for me.
    SPL Racing, dj2ca and Zachery like this.
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    yeah, there are good points to both points of view.....
  15. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Can we get confirmation from anyone on this?
  16. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    I'll try to take a look at my replay for you later on.
  17. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    if your app matches mine I'm guessing you will have the same footage I have.

@NAACS can you confirm what lap you passed me on, and how far ahead you finished. On my cooldown lap I ran out of petrol and skipped straight to the pits I'm wondering if that may be part of the issue?
  18. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    My highlight reel is uploading as we speak - must admit it's a pretty good one, really shows how close the race was last night.
    dj2ca likes this.
  19. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
  20. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Niiiiiiiice