Season 13 - Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Mar 31, 2017.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
  2. holdenman05

holdenman05 Team Driver

PSN ID
    holdenman05
    I didnt even make it over the start/finish line before i crashed into pit barrier,avoiding a barely moving rocket, dint get much better after that, however a few personal best lap times helped bring the spirits up
  3. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231

Here is my 1:37.945 set in the race :)
    Russell, Apex_64, nigegunz and 4 others like this.
  4. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    With no driver briefing as yet, I just had 1 question.
    Are we doing a "Claytons" pit stop at Sierra, like we did at Matterhorn?
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Round 2 -
    30/4

Circuito de la Sierra. 5 Laps
    [​IMG]
    TRACK LIMITS : As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. We all make a mistake or 2, but if you are caught "continually and obviously" running outside the track limits to gain advantage you will be penalized by the stewards group. BE WARNED....IF YOU CONTINUALLY EXCEED TRACK LIMITS EXPECT A PENALTY.

CONTACT : IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front, and gain an advantage you MUST REDRESS and give the place back. Failure to do so could result in a penalty from the stewards group.

PASSING : Is plenty of spots to set up a pass here. When a car pulls along side you are EXPECTED to give racing room. Contact in being aggressive trying to defend will be looked at, better to give room and continue the fight.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Don't need to be a rocket scientist to know that you can't win the race in the first corner, but you sure as hell can lose it for yourself and / or ruin another drivers races by either being too aggressive OR too defensive into T1.

COMPULSORY PITSTOP : All drivers must make a compulsory pitstop. Pit lane is open from LAP 1.

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : Both are straightforward, however DO NOT swerve across the front of other cars on entry. Please try to have at most 2 wheels in the yellow striped zone on entry & exit. If you cut it too late on entry, or too early on exit, it could cause an accident. On EXIT, drivers should be aware of fast drivers approaching.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those on your lap. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty. For cars making the pass (leaders), you still have a responsibility to avoid contact with slower traffic

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will again be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until 12PM monday night to submit a protest, and 12PM Tuesday night for your evidence to be submitted (ie video).

http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

NOTE : We will be tweaking the penalties / penalty table a little this season, to give a little more wriggle room with how the penalties are handed out, and for the severity of the 'infringement'. This is still a work in progress however and may not be finalized before round 1.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY ! : Please remember to save your replay after the race. If you want to protest anything, we can only act on the info we have in front of us, failure to do so will not enable us to view things from your game perspective, and with some of the issues we have seen, this could have a massive influence on how the stewards group will view and rule on any incident.

Shamelessly copied from @stucar17 & edited
  6. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Not going to make it guys, got people over.
  7. BMWF30328

BMWF30328 Rookie

Hi all,

I just quit Sierra a quarter in to lap one and I am withdrawing for the rest of the season. The truth is I have no interest in racing this car and have had no motivation to practice so continuing in the season would be unfair to all of you who have that interest or motivation (what ever it is). I have had no motivation since the car choice was announced frankly. I am sure most of you love it but I struggle to see the point of the car. I hope you all have a great season and I apologise to the mods as I don't like quitting but Sierra is in my top 3 favourite tracks and I found zero enjoyment doing the out lap or the qualifying lap and was sitting here on the grid asking myself why am I here tonight. I had no answer. That tells me I shouldn't be racing. I just feel very frustrated with this car or they car/tyre combination or the short gearing or that it is just a boring car...in my opinion. It feels like I am arcade racing when I drive it..if that makes any sense.
    Everyone has a different opinion but that is mine so thanks and sorry and I guess I wait for next season....
    POPPINFRESH1234 likes this.
  8. Jaycie

Jaycie Rookie

PSN ID
    Jay-R51
    Yeah BMW I am in the same boat mate. I do like the car but I'm not interested in the tyre and track combo' this season. Plus to be fair I don't have enough time to practise this season as my work weeks are constantly getting busier.

An aside; I'm not a fan of some of the lobby chat in the practise room tonight. Each to their own as tho how they want to represent themselves online. Boys, I'm a grown man and don't want to spend my Sunday night listening to what sounds like angry, adolescent :):):):):)ing and aggressive banter towards lobby members and other ROOZ members not present in the lobbies. I don't accept this in my real life so why should I in a ROOZ lobby. It's not the first time I've noticed it and I will be careful as to which ROOZ lobbies I enter in the future. It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice :thumbsup:
    SuiCid3, Russell, SPL Racing and 5 others like this.
  9. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Round 2 Results
    Pole: TRL_Beau
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    12. Jay (RQ) 9:42.761
    13. Luckgoesmyway (DSC) 9:41.406
    14. BMW (RQ) No time
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
    StigsTC and JonoStan96 like this.
  10. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    I prefer the reality where I won this race, but I can understand why you don't want to wait 2 minutes for me to finish the race to get my fastest lap :D

Edit - you fixed it so dang fast lol.
    REVO_Bryan likes this.
  11. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Lucks screen went black and got stuck. Wasnt a rage quit. If it matters at all.
    ssman244, StigsTC and REVO_Bryan like this.
  12. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    Qually: Wanted a clean lap and made it happen, spared a few tenths/seconds but it was worth the front row start.
    Race: Decided to give my best efforts in having a go for the lead early, pushed hard on @KeedenMcdonald 's tail but felt that after lap 1 it was going to be risky to push that hard again, knowing his speed and practise I felt it best to keep it clean and maintain a gap to @apex2691 . Happy with another podium as that div 1 race win still eludes me.
    B-Spec Bob and KeedenMcdonald like this.
  13. Luckgoesmyway

Luckgoesmyway Rookie

Not a good night, was having some fun then lost it over the big jump got stuck by a wall that wasn't there, then the screen went black but I could still hear other cars. Was pushing buttons frantically but nothing worked expect the PS button so I quit the game. Hopefully next week is better
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    It matters. he will still get points.
  15. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Did @Jaycie rage quit or have technical difficulties like Luck?
  16. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    I'm almost certain it was a rage quit. @Jaycie can help confirm.
    Apex_64 likes this.
  17. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Was happy with result. Id been nowhere for the little practice i did have. Pitted straight away. First lap i couldn't get out of my own way. From then on it was just stay on track and escape from @holdenman05 and @Nigel Burley.
  18. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Rookie

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    Half decent race for me. Qualified 6th and then avoided a couple of cars spinning to take 4th early on until I decided to pit at the end of lap 1. That strategy later cost me on my out lap when I got caught out by @Luckgoesmyway's technical difficulties and crashed into his stationary car and also @StigsTC who did the same thing. Lost around 10 seconds there, which ultimately turned out to be more than the gap between me and @lets_party-1611 in 4th. Binning it on the final lap while chasing @Bryan_F didn't help either. Mostly happy with the race.
  19. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Awww, I'm really looking forward to the battle pack up front for the best of the rest with you, Party, SSman, Bryan and BMX (i'm sure I've missed someone). I haven't had a group of guys to race that were this close ever, normally you find 1 guy to lock horns with all season and 1 or 2 other guys are on your pace for a weekend and that's it. Would be a serious shame to lose that epic battle for events that took place outside of the actual league lobby and race.
    Hatfield and ssman244 like this.
  20. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Can we please be civil with one other? I mean in the forums and race lobbies, both practice and real. I for one hate seeing discussion become toxic due to misunderstanding or overreaction. Especially when it leads to drivers leaving. Please use PM if you have an issue with a particular driver's conduct. Thanks.
    Russell, emmo46 and ssman244 like this.