Season 11: A Maztacular Season!!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

What a top start to the season!
    Such a fine line to drive these cars... power on too soon and the back wheels just start to light up... love it!!
    But then it's not very fast when u do that :roflmao:

Pre-Practice - was feeling confident when I smashed my PB by about 0.7 and finally got into the 1:43's :D

Official Practice - grip was at 95% and my setup hated it... didn't realise that it would be so bad... really struggled for pace and my confidence deflated faster than a blown out tire... :unsure:

Qualifying - same again, really struggled with the grip, but was fortunate most did too... glad I at least just got into the high 1:44's on the 2nd last lap as otherwise I was looking at 10th, so happy with 5th...:rolleyes:

Race - Good start and was lucky to get around a few bumps and rubs without being collected from the rear myself... shows how good this group is now and how far we've come :thumbsup: Settled into 4th behind Ed, anon and Terry... the slow increase in the grip level was driving me nuts as well as the way the tires were failing me as well so quickly... decided that 4th would have to do for a while and hope that the pit tire change would help... I must have had more fuel in the tank as Ed, anon and Terry all pitted around the same time... I was hoping that doing 2 extra laps and my fuel refill strategy would put me in front of at least Terry and anon, but it wasn't the case... popped out about the same as what I was behind them initially... Checked grip and we were at 100% my confidence started to build... 2nd full lap after pit and I got my 2nd fastest time of the night and thought sweet... now it's on like Donkey Kong! :sneaky: Smashed out a few high 1:43's and was now right on the tail of Terry and Anon... Their battle was pretty tight and I was just thinking about how it would be interesting if I was going to do a Bradbury when they rubbed enough to slow Terry down and Anon had to redress... Zoink! Thank you very much into 2nd! :D Was never going to catch Ed, it was his night... The main part was just keeping my thoughts in check... right wrist was quite uncomfortable by the end with the gear changing and turning plus Anon was really catching, but managed to keep it together and bring it in...
    Congrats again to Ed and everyone else... really top driving with minimal big issues from what I saw (heard).
    These cars are really fun and a little wild, I think it'll be a good prep for the 787b
    Thanks all and will catch ya online practising for next week... Barbagallo is one of my fav tracks :D
    Peter Wise, krunch, ed40t and 4 others like this.
  2. JayJAY

JayJAY Rookie

well hello peeps
    Doublevision and Rolz like this.
  3. Cherno

Cherno Team Driver Gold Member

No worries mate, it happens, thanks for waiting. Apologies for my messy start also, was tricky with such a tight start to the track.

Was a bit dissapointed with my effort in quali after stuffing up my run to my last quali lap. Made a terrible start with a few incidents dropping me back to near the back, then I made a mistake into the last corner which un did all the work I done to pass a few cars. Somehow managed to work my way back to 5th after that and had some awesome battles. When terry had an issue and I moved into 4th so pretty happy with that in the end.

Looking forward to Barbagello such a fun track, congrats to Ed, Rolz and Anon for the win and podium.
  4. Rolz

5. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Hey hey Jay Jay!!
  6. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
  7. Rolz

I think the Porsche RSR 2017 might be good, but i'll do a few laps and post on the other chat :thumbsup:
    Anon666 likes this.
  8. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Good work. Guys, I have next weeks lap no.s done and track grip etc. Will have the rest sorted soonish.
    Spidey_11 and Rolz like this.
  9. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Mostly sorted. Will get the wear rates confirmed for the 787 when we switch and the enduro's when QC can have a quick look closer to the dates. Thx for your patience lads, hope you all had a good Anzac day.
    krunch and Rolz like this.
  10. AaronSutton

AaronSutton Rookie

Really struggling to get into this car unfortunately, low grip and low aero = low speed. Killing my desire to want to practice with it

Holding out for the 787B
  11. Rolz

With only semi slicks this thing sure is slippery... but I think it'll be good practice in preparation for the 787b as it is also pretty loose especially with bumped up boost :)
  12. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    At the start same for me. Increase rear wing to 6, soften suspension, reduce tyre pressures to around 25psi and try a tune from the setup market (google thesetupmarket).
  13. Rolz

sadly lots of laps on this car is a must... you can't just rock up on the night or the night before and expect to do "ok" :(

I read somewhere on a forum or a simracers guide (see if I can find it), to be proficient with a car on a specific track you need 100laps down minimum :eek:... I'm actively giving this theory a go this season. at the end of the race Monday stracker said I did 180laps.

Terry and QC are easy over 100 already on Barbagallo with this car! :cautious:

PS - I'd be wary of JP27's setup on the setupmarket... it certainly isn't tuned to how I like to have mine. To be honest I tried it and threw it out and set my own up. Each to his own though :D
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  14. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Teaser vid.... race re-cap to come soon.
    WAC, krunch, Ben787 and 5 others like this.
  15. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Monday night's race was a cracker! Fresh from it's narrow victory in the car pole the Mazda RX-7 Tuned proved to be a fearsome chariot of fire to kick off season 11.

After fearing I'd not make the round due to internet issues the previous fortnight I was very happy to be be there on the night. My first practice with the car last Thursday scared the willies out of me as the car seemed to have a mind of it's own. A mind that clearly slid, drifted and spun around in whatever alien skull it inhabited. In fact I thought I'd need to remap my controls as I swear the wheel was for braking, the brakes were for acceleration and the throttle... wow! Touch that and your world would just crank sideways without warning. Fortunately practice and setup proved to be an effective treatment for an alien brained car.

I managed some more practice over the weekend and with a team setup from @Rolz as a base I felt I had something I could at least control in a more normal way. But then I hit the 95% gripped track in official practice and I thought the crazy alien mind had taken back control. I realised though that a bit more of the 'treatment' was all that was needed. So with a couple more setup tweaks and a bunch more practice laps I got the car back under my control. I knew I wasn't in contention for pole but I hoped to be in the top 10 on the grid.

Qualy went well and I grabbed 8th spot putting me on the outside of row 4. With 20+ rotaries revving beyond the laws of physics the lights went out and we were off. I made an average start and stayed alongside @QC. through the first four corners, but at T5 I had to concede and I slotted into 9th. Among the chorus of brap brap brap's and close quarters battles it was tricky to avoid contact. A few cars ahead had some bumps and scrapes which shuffled the order a bit but so far we'd all survived without major incident. That didn't last long though as we lost @Cherno at T8 after a sliding @tezpez85 slowed him enough to catch a bump from @Ben787. In the ensuing kerfuffle QC slid wide off the track while Ben, @Doublevision, Rolz and myself all stacked up in a group hug of slowness. That allowed an opportunistic and quick reacting @Shaun_A to fly past on the outside picking up about a hundred postions!

For some reason Ben and Doublevision decided to keep the love-in going, and as they held hands while planning a picnic Rolz and I zipped on by. I didn't wait to take photos so I'm not sure what happened to Ben after that but I suspect he went looking for a picnic spot on the grass.

So after a frantic lap 1 I was sitting in 6th! But things were going to get even more frantic as a bunch of us had an awesome ongoing battle.

As Shaun and Rolz battled in front of me they bottled up the pack, so I had Doublevision, @TheStig13, and @Seanus chewing on my bumper for the next little while. Rolz got past Shaun who I could see was struggling so I made a move at T2. It was a little untidy as I went a bit deep under brakes and we ended up banging wheels on exit. I made it through only to throw it away 2 corners later by going wide and having a wild grassy slide. So then not only did Shaun slip back past but Doublevision and Stiggy wanted a piece of the action as well. I ran side by side with Doublevision for 3 corners before he unfortunately got a bit taily on exit and made slight contact with side of my car which saw him grab the grass verge losing him a couple of spots.

Shaun was still struggling and went wide at the final corner handing me back the 5th position that I'd earlier taken and then immediately handed back to him. I guess 5th was a hot potato at that point! But not any more. It had cooled in my hands and I consolidated. As those behind me battled I moved away from them but I couldn't make gains on those up ahead.

I pitted for fuel and tyres on lap 14 and resumed not knowing my true position. I'd hoped the shorter fuel fill would gain me some ground but I'm not sure if it did. When the stops had all shaken out I was still in 5th and no closer to the guys in front. But what was this? Cherno behind me gaining ground? I had no idea where he'd come from but he looked like he meant business. I tried for a couple of laps to hold out the Cherminator but to no avail. A clean move into T2 and I was back into 6th. That is where I expected to stay, however on the 2nd last lap I spotted Tez recovering from a major off track excursion. Apparently he'd decided to go one better than a picnic and had BBQ'd his tyres, so in return they were misbehaving. I just managed to slip past him at the next corner but worryingly my tyres started to show signs of being medium rare themselves. It was OK though. With a few squirmy moments I managed to stay on track and take the checkered flag in 5th.

So congrats to @ed40t for the win and well done to Rolz (#TTB4L1FE) for 2nd and @Anon666 for 3rd.

See you all at BBQ-gallo!
    David Brister, Ben787, WAC and 7 others like this.
  16. Rolz

love it krunch!! :roflmao:
    krunch, Ben787 and Cherno like this.
  17. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Ok, no internet at Castle de Anon. In fact no internet in about 6 suburbs around here - go Telstra! Can some Ignition Controls team members put together an awesome tune and pass it on please, I will pay in hugs! @QC can you run some tests to ensure reverse grids are working, wanted to sort that tonight. Later boys.
  18. Rolz

Bummer Anon! :confused:
    Will be online in 15-20min to assist in testing reverse grid :thumbsup:
  19. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Race re-cap from Spidey cam.
    Cherno, ed40t, Peter Wise and 4 others like this.
  20. Ben787

Ben787 Rookie

You pull real nice smooth lines Spidey

Spidey and krunch should team up for the recaps. They are brilliant! Yes, I did have a picnic on the grass but found nothing but cow paddies so jumped back on track fast :)
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
    Anon666, Spidey_11 and krunch like this.