Season II - F1 2016 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Jan 9, 2017.

1. LITTLEBLACKO942

LITTLEBLACKO942 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    LITTLEBLACKO932 GTP_AussieRacer GTP_RacerOz
    Happened to me aswell
  2. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    I've frozen up under safety car. Took a bump from the guy in front of me ending up behind me, and then just sitting here looking at my car not moving... Very frustrating.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    disappointed...

got some cut track penalties when I'm not trying to cut... then the safety cars bunch us up and I can't choose to take the penalties at my pitstop.
    Went from thinking I had a podium chance to nowhere... especially with the aggressive passing at the end, I had to increase my aggression just to stay with some people
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  4. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Yeah, has to be said there were some messy moves going on at times, but also some good battles.
    Started out taking a wide line at turn one, found myself along side someone on exit but got punted off track there. So lost a bunch of places, only to have someone spin ahead of me a bit later leaving me nowhere to go but into the side of them. Had to pit to change wing.

Came out dead last on fresh softs and began my mission to fight as far back up the field as possible. Due to the nature of this game, it only took a very timely safety car just as I exited the second to last turn to put me back into the fight.

Then again on the last safety car I managed to dive in for some supers without losing much track. Low fuel and super softs is very hard to defend against so managed to fight back up to 2nd but had no chance to catch Jono.
    razor4797 and JonoStan96 like this.
  5. ItzRacing95

ItzRacing95 Rookie

Well that was a crazy race! Broke a wing in the opening laps so had to pit and revert to a 3 stop strategy. Started making my way up the order and looked like earning myself a strong finish in the points when the safety car came out after what was going to be my final stop. I decided playing the long game on mediums wouldn't work out anymore, so I chose to put and switch back to softs. Had an incident on the 1st lap back racing which wiped my wing out and I was back to playing the long game with new mediums to make the finish... Then another safety car came out and I saw a notification to pass the safety car on the screen, so I pass the safety car and get told to hand back a spot to the car that was sitting behind the safety car which took too long to pass me again, even though I stopped on track! So I threw caution into the wind and pitted for softs to have faster tyres than the mediums. Then I served my stop go penalty and then had my tyres changed to super softs, which I didn't want! By this point I was livid so I just went 100% before realising the supers were going to survive the punishment. So I began carving my way through the pack. Then that final safety car (not sure if F1 or NASCAR...) came out so I had a chance to catch the field, but while staying within the delta, I get passed by motors AI and then when I repaid I get told to hand the spot back! At this point my father and sister are both wondering why there are so many expletives coming from the Itz Racing Training Centre... Then with the race back underway I managed to make the best of the chaos around me to cross the line in 5th and have enough of a gap that I only lost one position after my 6 seconds of penalties for track limits/corner cutting were applied.

Can't wait to have a crack at Canada which is a track I enjoy and hopefully I can finally have a race where I don't get involved in incidents, or get penalties or take damage and have to make unscheduled pit stops every 5 laps!
    razor4797 and JonoStan96 like this.
  6. Jurassic Mark

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    @ItzRacing95 i was right behind you when the "pass the safety car" message came to me. So I also drove straight past and it was one of the AI Cars that had appeared to crash into the safety car and was just sitting behind it stopped. Luckily, he got past me with only a few seconds to spare before I got penalised. (Not that it did me any good in the long run...) All another part of the nightmare that was Hamilton and Hulkenberg.
  7. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Results are very much unofficial at this stage.
    Mick moves up to 10th in front of the "DSC'd" runners of Motors, Mark and Blacko. Seth keeps 3rd has he DSC'd on the last lap of the race. (AFAIK)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And finally, the Mexican protest has been sorted, and Seth drops from 1st to 3rd. Please refer to the incident report page for more information: http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/f1-2016-season-2-incident-reports.2708/
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  8. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Broken race I took the leading apex into one and the game was screaming a car was crossing over on me so I moved away from it and headed right, Looked back and saw a Ferrari which at first glance I assumed was @its-benny-racer I was so wrong.

I cut benny off pretty hard as I kept racing it only occurred to me he wasn't there and I did serious damage, by the second sector I thought I wont re address now as that is a cheap thing to do as he will be boxing anyway I did a few laps and coming to start finish line I pulled over, which the entire grid would have seen to poor benny in last place, I felt really guilty not to do it despite being an accident or not no one really deserves that stuff. So I re addressed once I knew he pitted which is where I really should be.

Then I just kinda raced fairly guttered I tried passing benny eventually but he didn't want to follow me while I tried to work with him to make more time up, I boxed once we were catching some more cars, got clean air did some driving blah blahhh

first SC I looked in a good place some not needed two wide racing let the leader get away, game showed its broken side with all these SC's I was checking tyres I had left which I got done speeding under delta caused me to get a drive through, I ended up catching benny who was heavily in race traffic despite my drive through to another SC I was now on a :):):):)tier tyre and blah blah blah I got passed and disconnect, the story went something like that,

I see I kept third which is cool, gg all.

EDIT: Do something about Blackos lag lol its like trying to avoid Kim Jon's nukes while racing
    Kieran_B33 and Hatfield like this.
  9. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Am I correct in saying that this result moves me to 1st and I receive the win?

Agreed, nearly took me out 3 times because of lag and then ended up taking me out without lag anyway
  10. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Well that was just an insane race, I can't believe I won after all of those safety cars!

I couldn't believe I lined up 2nd on Softs, I knew I just needed to follow Seth and keep up and I'd be in a very strong position. However I took following him a little too literally at the start as I was hit from behind at turn 1 and several cars went around the outside, Hatfield with the start of his life taking the lead! But then Seth passed him and he started to edge away until he bizarrely slowed on the pit straight, this isn't possible I was thinking.

This allowed me to open up a massive gap to the cars behind while Hat, Blacko and Nigel battled hard for 2nd. It wasn't all smooth sailing though, as I discovered I didn't tighten up my wheel properly, and it was hanging on by a thread. Hot tip: Don't do on the fly repairs mid corner, especially in fast esses! I screwed up big time on lap 12, giving myself a time penalty. Eventually I came in 10 laps later for softs and rejoined still in the lead. Everything was going to perfection.

But my race would be screwed 2 laps later when the SC came out, bringing Benny and Seth right back into play, going to the end on mediums. And with 3 seconds at stake, I couldn't afford a single mistake. I felt I had the pace to pull away and stop for SS's. Only for the SC to come out again on lap 37, where I took a big gamble and stopped for SS's, praying they would make it. I came out in 2nd behind Nigel so I was still in a good position. Race resumed on L42 and I passed Nigel instantly, allowing me to romp away.

But the safety car came out again(!) with only a handful of laps left, and I worked out I had built up enough of a gap to come in and put on a fresh set of supers. It was a masterstroke as Benny did the same. Unfortunately the SC made a late dive and I was swamped, with Hat going up my inside going deep, then sadly hitting me as he came back on, a bullet dodged. I had to push like crazy to build up the 3 second gap, the pressure was on! I thought it was a game over once Benny passed Seth, but the gap kept growing and eventually I crossed the line to win by just 6 tenths of a second. Can't remember the last time I was that fired up after a win, I was on 10/10ths the entire 2nd half of the race, so to get the win was a huge relief, a reminder of why I love sim racing in the first place.

I hope we have more of the same next week in Canada, that was a great race.
    However there are plenty of protests to be sorted and some drivers are in for a big haul of penalty points it seems. Hopefully they'll all be sorted fast so I can post the DOTD thread.
    razor4797 and Hatfield like this.
  11. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Yes. Congrats mate :)
    razor4797 likes this.
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Yes @LITTLEBLACKO942 had some lag near me too... luckily the spike occured when he was trying to pass on the back straight.

I will say though, blacko's driving was amazing! We had such a good dice for awhile which you will see when I upload my video :D
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I had to watch that start again just to relive being in first lol
    Unfortunately I forgot to start share play until lap 3
  14. LITTLEBLACKO942

LITTLEBLACKO942 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    LITTLEBLACKO932 GTP_AussieRacer GTP_RacerOz
    i dont remember hitting you
  15. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    something must have happened at that time...
    on my screen, I got popups of both of you leaving or retiring or something within quick succession of each other
  16. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Are you saying you don't remember this??
    Zachery likes this.
  17. Jurassic Mark

PSN ID
    themarkomac

Alright, heres my official take on the race.

Was absolutely stoked with my Qualifying time. Had only managed 1:42s in Time Trial, and in pre race practice I couldnt seem to get below 1:44s, I was blown away when I nailed a 1:40.489 early on in the session. I even tried to get on track first so I could at least set the fastest time, and thought id done so, but about 3 corners from the end of the lap, it flashed up someone had the fastest lap, so i missed that opportunity. Only issue I had with it was that I forgot to record from the start. Only realised when I double tapped the share button to stop the recording and saw it start recording instead. Tried to put in another few laps to better it, but didnt come close.

The race itself was a pretty big disappointment. To start, I forgot to record AGAIN untill the second lap.. I was actually really enjoying it. I had people in front and behind for a while and was actually enjoying the attempt to catch those in front of me rather than just circling alone knowing I wasnt going to be near anyone. When I realised there was a Hamilton and a Hulkenberg on the track, I figured something had happened to someone and I was actually in with a chance of not only finishing on the lead lap, but also a big chance of a top 10 finish. Safety cars kept bringing me back to the pack and made me feel like I was in the fight. Had some issues with the AI cars along the way (i'll post some video below) and then the game froze up on me under safety car on lap 40. Over an hour of racing to end in mechanical failure was tough. Knowing im not real talented at this game, I set goals of just finishing. For my first DNF to not be because I crashed is the most disappointing thing.

But anyway, onto next week.

In regards to discussion about the AI cars over the PS Messenger dealy, you'll see in the following video how glitchy they seemed and why I desperately wanted to get past them. Probably got a little greedy trying to get both in one move, thought i'd nailed it, then got turned around. So they arent completely ghost (and if they are ghosts, I probably shouldve just gone straight through them rather than around them.) I've also included footage of the Safety Car issue @ItzRacing95 mentioned earlier. Was certainly a quirky race...

nigegunz, razor4797 and JonoStan96 like this.
  18. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    This is EXACTLY why the rule of retiring the car before quitting is in place. It just causes these sorts of problems. Obviously Motors (Hamilton) had connection issues, so there was nothing he could do.

The same thing happened to me and @Zachery at last season's Italian GP which cost us a shot at the win.
    Zachery likes this.
  19. Jurassic Mark

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    It'd be worse going for the win hahaha. Luckily it didn't really effect me at all. In theory, if I didn't rush it, I should've passed one and then tucked in behind the second and found another passing opportunity, and the safety car thing I assume is just a glitch. Shame though that ItzRacing copped a drive through for it.. I'll Live and learn.
  20. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Yeah 100% a glitch mate, not your fault at all.
    18:45 onwards is where the carnage happens!