Formula One 2017 Discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by JonoStan96, Feb 24, 2017.

1. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    That ad has broken me, 'first time in F1?' is stuck in my head as is the Jackie Stewart one,

When I go to the city and everything is Heineken I have bad flashbacks. At least the beer is nice though.
  2. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    If it sticks in your head, then their marketing strategy has worked.

Spidey_11 and Zachery like this.
  3. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Right so what did we think about China?

I really enjoyed that race, lots of overtaking and hard racing. Hamilton too good, Sainz driver of the day for me.

Bottas needs to get his act together, maybe Nico was a lot better than what Sky Sports tabloids lead us to believe!
    Nathancarhead likes this.
  4. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Interesting race for sure, I enjoyed it, fair bit of overtaking which was a nice change to Australia. Hamilton was dominant all weekend, and its one of his stomping grounds, i didn't expect any difference to seeing Hamilton getting a clean sweep. Sainz DOTD for sure, took a gamble starting on slicks and it seemed to pay off in the end.

Shame to see Giovanazi go the way he did, not sure he looked at all comfortable in the car this weekend which is a real shame because I think he is a real talent.

From a strategy stand point, i was a little disappointed, When I saw it was a wet start I thought it would be great for strategy, instead it just turned out to when was the earliest you could jump to slicks, followed by how long could you last on that set. Defiantly wasn't as interesting strategy wise as Australia was.

As for Bottas, what a shocker it was for him. He hasn't seemed to adapt to the car as well as i thought we would after testing. On the one hand, its great to see a variety of cars at the front, rather than a consistent Mercedes 1-2, but on the other hand, i have been a big fan of Bottas throughout his f1 years and its a shame to see him doing so poorly thus far. There is still 18 races to go, and i expect to see a major improvement from him.

TL,DR: China 8/10
  5. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Driver of the day to me goes to K-Mag. Good to see him back on form and punching above a cars weight. Lets hope this isn't another Strong Start to the season for him that just goes downhill.
    As for Bottas, give him a break. He made an error (Which many have done, lets be real) and that put him well down the order of where he should have been. He was nearly Second into Turn One, but then things started to fall away from him. One bad result here certainly does not undo my expectations of what he can do this year.
    As for Jono's comment that maybe Rosberg did better then we all thought, no. Valterri doesn't have a car with as large of an advantage as Nico had in 2014 all the way through to 2016. I think we all know Lewis was overall gifted the win today thanks to Vettels Pit Stop blunder, but thats not to say he wouldn't of gone on to win either, but he wouldn't of done so as straight forward, that much is certain.
  6. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I fully expect Bottas to bounce back, he's a class driver but at the moment Hamilton is well and truly dominating him. It's way too early to write him off but he must improve fast. Lets see how it is at the mid way point of the season. I just feel Rosberg deserves a lot more credit than what he receives, sure Lewis was clearly a better racer, but seeings he's World Champ he certainly couldn't give a toss.

As I said in the SB he can do it, but at this rate he's falling dangerously into the absolute #2 driver catagory, which Kimi will soon as well.
  7. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    IMO thats exactly what they want....someone who will push for solid points in the top 4 but wont challenge too often who they see as their No1 driver....
    Ham will always be mercs number 1, Bottas wont challenge him on outright pace most of the time, is certainly in a car fast enough to challenge the Ferraris or Bulls....

Same with Vettel.....is clearly the No1, and Kimi will challenge bottas and the bulls.....

I didnt get to watch the race, what happened to Danny Ric to finish behind verstappen ?
  8. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    stucar17 likes this.
  9. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    I generally don't watch much Formula 1 as the races I've seemed to watch have just been rather dull pole sitter runs away with it kind of races. I found the Australian GP the other week a bit crap because it basically was decided who would win by mid race.

But last night, I actually enjoyed the race. Probably the best F1 race I've ever seen (granted I haven't seen a great deal). Was pretty exciting up untill about 2 laps to go when the gap between 1st and 2nd was decided to be just too big.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    who else is in the f1 fantasy team picking league?
  11. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Kvyat's been a real breath of fresh air this year, I'm loving his new helmet for this weekend!
    [​IMG]
  12. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Are any of you guys interested in going to the Singapore GP in September? Admittedly my interest in F1 has waned considerably, but I have been offered a very nice birthday present, and I may even have a spare room for someone to stay during the event...:)
  13. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    If I didn't have a cruise for the family booked for October, and a possible trip to the US for Monster Jam next year, it might be pushing my luck!

That is one I would have liked to attended as well. Singapore is awesome to go to. At least I can say I have been on the track!
    REVO_Bryan likes this.
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    a room with Bryan??? SIGN ME UP!! (oh and F1 is cool too I guess)
    REVO_Bryan likes this.
  15. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    In all seriousness, early bird tickets are available until May 8, so it would be a good idea to pull the trigger sooner rather than later.
  16. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
  17. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

JonoStan96 likes this.
  18. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Monisha didn't just use a PPK to shoot her feet, she used a bloody RPG!
  19. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Wow 90% of that race sucked, no one overtake. The last bit was great, I love barnstorming chases to the end. Huge props to Bottas, he's fired back with a vengance after an embarrassing China, he made Lewis look really ordinary all weekend, something Nico only managed a handful of timed during their dominant years from
    memory!
  20. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    First time I was actually rooting for a Merc driver! LOL! Happy Bottas took the win.

Can't believe Hamilton affected Dan's start AGAIN, he got a great one to pull alongside Ham only to have to dive out of the way of Ham/Rai which left the big door open for Verstappen. Then when Ric had to retire, I retired from watching the rest until about 8 laps from the end. Was definately a good finish though.