Season 7 - Division 2

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Mar 31, 2017.

1. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Yeah perfect I'll get it updated
  2. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    @Hatfield - corrected finishing positions are:
    6th - TB
    7th - Cob
    8th - golfer
    stucar17 likes this.
  3. stilesy

stilesy Rookie

PSN ID
    stilesy
    I'm in mate...
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  5. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Will try to get up the driver briefing for bathurst up tomorrow morning lads
  6. dunamotornz

dunamotornz Rookie

PSN ID
    SPMotorNZ
    video of the last lap of a battle that lasted 12

stilesy, stucar17 and garyw61 like this.
  7. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    That was a great battle. Pretty much the same for 12 laps. Never sweated so much in my life. I thought I had better back off a bit when we were side by side and magnetised slightly. Didn't want to get past that way. Great fun thanks mate.
  8. Winchester Racing

Winchester Racing New Recruit

Yeah, Bathurst I'll be there. cheerin.
    stucar17 likes this.
  9. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    SUPERCARS WORLD TOUR.

Round 2 -
    30/4

Bathurst AUSTRALIA. 22 Laps - 10/4/17 - Race start @ 2pm.
    Weather slots : Light cloud, clear, light cloud, Heavy cloud
    22 laps should have to add approx 12L fuel based on 2.3L Av use

PLEASE BE ON TIME.
    Race Rooms will opened by host at approx 7:30 Sydney time (tune room) for people to set up their pit strategy, with the room host to open the NON TUNE race room at about 8pm Sydney time. If you cant make it PLEASE let the host / captain know in the division thread or by sending a message on PSN. With reserve drivers its important that everyone knows whats happening so we can place the spare div 1 and 2 guy if possible (17th driver)

[​IMG]

Thanks for what looked like some great racing in last weeks first round guys....A couple of minor issues that were resolved quickly i believe....

TRACK LIMITS : As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. We all make a mistake or 2, but if you are caught "continually and obviously" running outside the track limits to gain advantage you will be penalized by the stewards group. There really isnt any spots here to cut without being chewed up and spat out by the beast that is Bathurst ! BE WARNED....IF YOU CONTINUALLY EXCEED TRACK LIMITS EXPECT A PENALTY.
    NOTE : drivers CAN use the concrete extension on the left side of track on the run into the chase

CONTACT : IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front, and gain an advantage you MUST REDRESS and give the place back. Failure to do so could result in a penalty from the stewards group. From the few practice races i have done, turns 1 (hell corner) 2 (Griffins) the CHASE and 23 (murrays) are the best passing spots. Forcing the issue across the top will more than likely end in tears so use your brains here ! We have seen a few examples last season of contact to the rear of another car, pushing them off track. This is the classic redress situation. PLEASE REDRESS IF YOU DO THIS TO AVOID A PENALTY.

PASSING : Is plenty of spots to set up a pass here. When a car pulls along side you are EXPECTED to give racing room. Contact in being aggressive trying to defend will be looked at, better to give room and continue the fight. Obviously the chase, turns 1,2 and Murrays (final turn) are the best spots

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Don't need to be a rocket scientist to know that you can't win the race in the first corner, but you sure as hell can lose it for yourself and / or ruin another drivers races by either being too aggressive OR too defensive into T1. Stay in your lane till the grid shakes out by turns 2 and 3. Last time we raced here there were issues at turn 1, lap 1 with guys being too aggressive.........please get through there cleanly ! Use your brains here lads and give room to those around you. Back half of the grid need to brake a little earlier and not cause chaos with kamikazee passes into 1.

COMPULSORY PITSTOP : All drivers must make a compulsory pitstop. Pit lane is open from LAP 1. All drivers will have to make sure their pit strat is sorted for each round, and make the decision of wanting to take the soft / hard or a mix of the 2 at their pitstop. From my limited prac this week i "THINK" you will get through on 2 sets of softs. We have found in the past that having multiple strategies can cause issues, so i would recommend you delete all except for the falcon one (even default).

FUEL : You will need to add 'approx' 10L to finish the race. REMEMBER your pit strat fuel bar is what the pit crew will fuel UP TO. Below is an approx strategy / fuel guide that is an ESTIMATE ONLY for the guys that don't have a lot of time to prac / test....Dont blame me if it doesn't work for you ;)

ALL BASED ON 2.3L per lap...
    PIT END LAP 6 - Fuel up to 36L (should be on 'about' 26L on pit entry)
    PIT END LAP 10 - Fuel up to 28L (should be on 'about' 17L on pit entry)
    PIT END LAP 13 - fuel up to 20L (should be on 'about' 10L on pit entry)

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : Both are straightforward, however DO NOT swerve across the front of other cars on entry. Drivers should remain left on the exit of the chase for a clean entry into pit lane.

On EXIT, drivers should be aware of fast drivers approaching. The exit line isn't that long, so you should stay as far left as possible into T2 if there is traffic approaching, once up to speed then all should be good to resume racing by the time you reach the crest up mountain straight.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. With the 2 classes there is slightly more chance of blue flags coming into play, so you should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty. For cars making the pass (leaders), you still have a responsibility to avoid contact with slower traffic

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will again be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until 12PM monday night to submit a protest, and 12PM Tuesday night for your evidence to be submitted (ie video).

http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

NOTE : We will be tweaking the penalties / penalty table a little this season, to give a little more wriggle room with how the penalties are handed out, and for the severity of the 'infringement'. This is still a work in progress however and may not be finalized before round 1.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY ! : Please remember to save your replay after the race. If you want to protest anything, we can only act on the info we have in front of us, failure to do so will not enable us to view things from your game perspective, and with some of the issues we have seen, this could have a massive influence on how the stewards group will view and rule on any incident.
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    George, Jim_aka_The_Man and garyw61 like this.
  10. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    I'm back in for this round if that doesn't stuff things around too much. Broken car = cancelled weekend away.
    @stuawalt @garyw61
  11. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    What laptimes we running with full fuel?
  12. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    ok, full field then.
  13. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    2.07s
  14. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Hey guys, this is the race we have been waiting 7 seasons for, the v8 at Bathurst!. Just a couple of reminders for tonights race.

Start time for qualifying has been delayed by 20 minutes, so will start at 8.30pm Sydney time.

We are using a reserve driver system this season, so please be patient in the race room while the room is being filled. How this will work: If the room is not full within a couple of minutes of start time, I will message available reserves to join the room. Once they are in and have given the thumbs up, we will start qualifying. Please send a message to PSN group if you are running late, so that your spot is not filled by a reserve.

Lastly, just a reminder that the race will not be restarted if there are any disconnections after race start, so please make sure that other household members are not streaming anything or downloading torrents etc.

Have a great race!
    George, jasondull1986 and stilesy like this.
  15. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

First full race in what would be close to six months and boy was I rusty. Apologies to those that I hit (I redressed where I believed I was at fault) and those that got caught up in me spinning / trying to get back on track. Had decent one lap pace but in need of some practice in traffic. In the end I went from 3rd to 12th or 13th. Oh well was good fun getting back behind the wheel. Hopefully there's another spot for me come next week.
  16. stilesy

stilesy Rookie

PSN ID
    stilesy
    [​IMG] :DAwesome race... My first win with roozs! Great racing @Nathan Storrier a bit unlucky on the 2nd to last lap mate :thumbsup:
  17. Toranafan-02

Toranafan-02 Team Driver

PSN ID
    SIR_Tyson_02 PS4. deadman024 PS3.
    Great stuff mate!well done
    stilesy likes this.
  18. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Well done man! That first win is a very special feeling :)
    stilesy likes this.
  19. Stozz

Stozz Rookie

Well done very close race
    stilesy likes this.
  20. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Yeah lol im out for rest of season. Was only going to make the next 2 races anyway but meh. Need time to practice in this car and i dont have it. Cheers lads