Season 7 - Division 3

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Just pre-ordered PCars 2 Limited Edition - COME ON.....HURRY UP !!!!!
    stucar17, Anthonyb and dj2ca like this.
  2. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Yeah I pre-ordered it too, only the standard edition though, from The Gamesmen. Was only $78 if I remember correctly, not bad. Can't wait for it to come out, it's looking really good (as long as advertised features are actually included). Some great cars in it that I can't wait to take for a spin, and some awesome circuits, especially Mugello.
    Bounty05, stucar17 and Anthonyb like this.
  3. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    SUPERCARS WORLD TOUR.

Round 4 :
    14/5
    Donington
    GP ENGLAND - SPRINT ROUND - Race 1-17 laps - Race 2-18 laps (+1 formation lap)
    DATE : 5/5/17 - Race start @3pm
    Weather slots : - 1 overcast, light cloud (BOTH RACES)
    Based on 1.45L per lap fuel wont be an issue -
    Tyre wear SLOW for sprint.

[​IMG]

QUAL : 10 min Qual for race 1 as normal.

RACE 1 : 17 laps as per normal race
    RACE 2 : REVERSE GRID. 18 laps - 1 lap will be added as a formation lap. Room captains will set up room as 18 lap race, and at race start ALL DRIVERS WILL STOP BEFORE TURN 1 and get in reverse order of race 1. Once room captains are happy with the order drivers will start off and all drivers must remain in single file. The following rules apply
    - Drivers MAY swerve up until the esses to get heat into tyres
    - If a driver falls out of position (spin etc) he MAY rejoin in his correct space
    - From the MELBOURNE HAIRPIN drivers MUST be in single file and follow the lead car at 80klms. IE the lead car has control of the field and must remain at 80klms.
    - The race will START on the EXIT of the final turn ONTO the front straight.
    - There is to be NO PASSING until AFTER THE START / FINISH LINE.

REVERSE GRID ETIQUETTE : Obviously with the faster guys coming through this DOES NOT entitle them to barge other cars out of the way. The CHALLENGE is getting through clean. Use your brains here lads, the same rules apply for contact with other drivers....

POINTS SYSTEM : The points are worked on a combination of full points for race 1 and 1/2 points for race 2. The combined points then give finishing positions for the round....Fastest lap is awarded for the fastest lap over the 2 races. Pole is awarded as normal for race 1 Qual. In the event of drivers on tied points, final position will be determined by fastest lap.

TRACK LIMITS : Is pretty straight forward here, not really anywhere to gain time that wont give you a penalty anyway. We all know the deal. Ripple strips and white lines.

PASSING : Is a very fast track guys, from turns 1 (hollywood) right through to Coppice is one line and very hard to pass. Best passing spots are obviously from the hairpin through to turn 1......If you make a mistake, if a car pulls along side you are EXPECTED to give racing room. Contact in being aggressive trying to defend will be looked at, better to give room and continue the fight.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Back half of the grid need to brake a little earlier and not cause chaos with kamikazee passes into 1. Drive IN YOUR LANE till the grid shakes out through turns 3,4 and 5.......PLEEEEEEASE ! .

COMPULSORY PITSTOP : N/A for sprint round

FUEL : N/A for sprint round

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : N/A for sprint round

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. With the 2 classes there is slightly more chance of blue flags coming into play, so you should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty. For cars making the pass (leaders), you still have a responsibility to avoid contact with slower traffic

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will again be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until 12PM monday night to submit a protest, and 12PM Tuesday night for your evidence to be submitted (ie video).

http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

NOTE : We will be tweaking the penalties / penalty table a little this season, to give a little more wriggle room with how the penalties are handed out, and for the severity of the 'infringement'. This is still a work in progress however and may not be finalized before round 1.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY ! : Please remember to save your replay after the race. If you want to protest anything, we can only act on the info we have in front of us, failure to do so will not enable us to view things from your game perspective, and with some of the issues we have seen, this could have a massive influence on how the stewards group will view and rule on any incident.

Thanks Stu and Ads
  4. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Don't jump the start of the reverse grid race as you will have to serve a drive through penalty
    dj2ca likes this.
  5. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Words to live by this round!
    Anthonyb likes this.
  6. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    I can testify that the feeling you get when this happens is not pleasant either....I still have nightmares of it today :laugh:
    Anthonyb likes this.
  7. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    I reckon @dj2ca has this round in the bag. I admit i'm really struggling on this track, feels like driving on ice. I predict a poor result for me this week
  8. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Not necessarily. Anth and I are within 0.1 of each other at this circuit.
    Anthonyb likes this.
  9. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Hmm, maybe I'll hang back and wait for you two to battle it out haha
    Anthonyb and dj2ca like this.
  10. Anthonyb

Got a pb today around there
  11. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    What time?
  12. Anthonyb

13. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    I think you're faster than me now
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    golden opportunity to say 'i think it was about 2:30pm...'
    dj2ca, SPL Racing and Anthonyb like this.
  15. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    I sometimes look at other drivers and their brake markers, when I brake at the same spot my car will not stop in time for the corner. It's almost like i have my brake pressure at is set at 85% so frustrating
  16. Anthonyb

@bluebounty Will try to get on tonight worked until 11 last night. TB is 27.1. I know i can get about .3 better
  17. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    I'll be on tonight also, need more practice if I'm going to be competetive this week
    Anthonyb likes this.
  18. Anthonyb

@dj2ca doesn't need anymore practice he's consistently fast
  19. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    I know exactly what you mean, I look at div 1 and 2 guys' brake points and can never do it. What do you have brake sensitivity set at in your global (Options & Help / Controls) settings?
    I always need more practice! The moment you stop trying to find a tenth or two is the moment you concede to your competitors.
    RHINO11 likes this.
  20. Anthonyb

Do you have any competitors? Yeah I know what you mean thats why I jumped on today with some ai when I had the chance