Season II - F1 2016 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Jan 9, 2017.

1. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    I've obviously got lag issues, I'll need to fix that before I return to this game. All I wanted was a good race and the grid position shows I'm capable to jump in and go fast. Sorry for the issue but hopefully I can get it fixed and come back. Any ideas on how to improve connectivity? (I'm getting NBN soon if that matters)
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @JonoStan96 what happens with 9th-10th bryan & nige... it shows DNF... did they do enough laps?
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  4. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
  5. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    You really loved tapping the rear of Hatfield ;)
  6. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    I gotta say, last night was fun!
    After getting taken out in Texas, and missing last week's race, I was itching to get back into it.

Qualifying felt good, I found a rhythm and was comfortable with the car.
    Managed to put it on pole with about 2 minutes left in the session, only for it to be stolen by @Motors560 with @ssman244 starting 2nd.. Must have been a mighty lap.

Got a great start and managed to get into 2nd place down the inside of T1 comfortably.
    From here until lap 17, I followed Motors until he pitted and I was released.
    I made a 4 second margin between myself and @Nigel Burley in 2nd before I dove into the pits a few laps later.
    However, after a slow pitstop (thanks team), Motors was still just in front.
    Even though I was on the hardest tyre, I was still keeping up, but then the lag started and Motors was all over the place on my screen. On lap 24 down the straight, he lagged half a second backwards and smashed into me, breaking my front wing and throwing my strategy out the window.
    I pitted for the Ultras, and literally as I exited the pits, the safety car came out... not happy.
    Now I was stuck in traffic with the freshest of fresh ultra soft tyres.
    For 6 laps I was behind @Bryan_F while the rest of the pack was beginning to scramble away.
    I got beside him twice into T1, but backed out of the moves.
    Lap 35 however saw me sneak past on the run up the hill into T2.
    I now had 4 seconds between myself and @LITTLEBLACKO942, which I made up in just over a lap.
    Lag struck again and Blacko was moving around a lot. I hit him once due to lag but thankfully the damage was very minor.
    I pitted on lap 41 because I knew I was losing too much time behind this pack of cars. I put on the Supersofts and i knew I had a straight run to the finish.
    With some clean air, I had some time to put in some fast laps, setting a few of the fastest at the time.
    The gap to Nigel was 10 seconds when I left the pits, and within 5 laps I was right on his rear diffuser.
    I managed a clean overtake on the start of lap 49 and then set off after Motors.
    On lap 52 I was gifted the lead when he spun just before the swimming pool section.
    I was now starting to think I could win this, but it all went wrong with 14 laps to go when I hit the inside wall at Rascasse which allowed @its-benny-racer to get past.
    So I had to settle for 2nd, which I'm still very pleased about.

It was a very tough race, one of the toughest I've ever done. My hands were numb, fingers were tingling and my wrists were tight from holding the controller in the one spot the entire race, but still good fun.
    Congrats to Benny for running a superb race, and to Motors in 3rd for also having a very strong result. Also to the blue flag boys again, awesome stuff last night, very impressed.

Onto Catalunya next week, and hopefully less wing breakages lol
    Hatfield and JonoStan96 like this.
  7. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

What an epic event!

Qualifying:
    I somehow managed to go one worst than I did here last season, managed to hit the inside wall at Tabac for the 2nd time in 2 qually sessions here, only this time I didn't even set a banker before hand. This put me 16/17 on the grid on account of having made it further around the track than Rhino. The only saving grace would be that I had way more fresh sets of US tires than I would ever need.
    Race:
    Started off just trying to play it safe and get through turn 1, but being on the left gave me no way to avoid cars involved in the melee. So stint 1 on the SS ended after 1 lap, pitting for a wing and my 1st set of US.

The second stint was entirely made up of me trying desperately to get past @Bryan_F, he must be commended for the defensive driving as I simply had no way to get by, we would have had similar tire wear and fuel load. This stint came to an end with the 1st SC, Bryan didn't pit so I felt it was best so I could get an undercut.

The 3rd stint started with me taking several laps just to catch the SC train, this was helpful as my tires were at operating temp when the SC period ended. This had me behind the battling duo of Jono and Bryan, Bryan again being very difficult to pass. Managed to get past Jono, taking advantage of him running wide trying to get past Bryan. Then a lap or 2 later, Bryan got a bad exit from the last turn and was a sitting duck with me on fresh tires and with DRS. Set free I was able to get up to my normal pace for the 1st time in the whole race, put in some good laps to catch the next train of cars around which time the SC car was out again and I was in 3rd behind Hat and Knuckles. After the SC period, I stayed on Knuckles' tail until he and Hat pitted, from there I put my head down to pull a gap before my last stop (can't remember which lap that was).

The 4th stint I came out and before long I was behind Motors in 3rd. Eventually I managed to get by with my favourite pass of the race, I put the engine to Rich at the right time and managed to get along side well before turn 1. Then I set off after @razor4797 and was gifted the lead when he spun. From there it was focusing on not pushing too hard so that I would have tires left if we had another SC.

Thank you to all for such fierce and clean racing and also to backmarkers for getting well out of the way. Looking forward to having fewer walls to hit next week.
    razor4797, Hatfield and JonoStan96 like this.
  8. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    If you are on a cool down lap in qualifying and see a car on a flyer come up behind you, should you move over?
    Its not rocket science
  9. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    If you see the pyke coming, regardless of anything you should just park up and go home coz there ain't no winning that battle mate
    pykeybraa145 likes this.
  10. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    it's not rocket science, it's referred to as: The Turn Pyke
    pykeybraa145 likes this.
  11. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    Exactly right, total eclipse of the battle i reckon
    Hatfield likes this.
  12. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    you just know it's coming, you can see the bright eyes through the helmet

and then you just fall apart
    pykeybraa145 likes this.
  13. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    then theres nothing left to say
    Hatfield likes this.
  14. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    can't help myself...

when you were going down the straight, it was like you were living in a powder keg and giving off sparks
    pykeybraa145 likes this.
  15. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    Ill take this to private inbox ;)
    Hatfield likes this.
  16. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Everyone says Monaco is always a nightmare of a race but my nightmare started even before the race. In short i ended up in hospital in lots of pain (I'm ok now but looking like surgery in the near future) and worried i wasn't going to be able to race last night but i happily was able to run anyway on a heap of painkillers so here's my story for the race.

Qualifying on pole at a place like Monaco is an amazing feeling and to do it by nearly 4 tenths despite only running some quick laps an hour prior just made it so much better (lap will be included). I put balls to the wall on that lap so i hope you guys enjoy watching

The race however was anything but amazing. Starting 1st the aim was to launch off the line and get into turn 1 first which i did however it looked chaotic in the mid-field. Ended up leading the first 16 laps until the safety car came and i presume lag was involved when my delta time went from 4 tenths in the green to 3 seconds in the red and with everyone lagged back by a few seconds i got an instant penalty which forced me to give up the lead a lap later to serve a drive through.

Lap 28 was my get out of jail free card when the second safety car came out. Ended up putting super softs on and all was good until lag once again caught me out when Nigel's Mercedes lag back into mine and completely took the front wing off just before the restart and having to pit again along with @JonoStan96 who i presume had the same issue. And the rest was a bit of a mystery how i managed to make up so much time in so little time. After everybody else pitted again i resumed the lead again but soon after @razor4797 caught up relatively quickly and after clipping the wall at tabac he ended up getting past easily. After that @its-benny-racer was setting fastest laps of the race and in no time was right on my gearbox. However unlike the battle with razor i ended up battling with Benny for several laps until he got a better run out of the final corner and once alongside i just let him go knowing holding him up any further could result in him making a rash move and being on the receiving end of things.

Jono at this stage was 30 seconds back so i backed off the pace and intended on cruising to an easy 3rd place until lap 74 when i clipped the wall at Tabac again and spun 180 degrees facing the wrong way. I thought if i reversed backwards i might get disqualified so i did a crappy flick spin which ended up resulting in a red front end plate which i had to drive with for the last 5 laps.

In the end i was happy with 3rd especially with all the crap that happened with the lag. Congrats to Benny for the win and for a well driven race. And also to Razor for finishing second. I'll also apologise to you razor because i had turned notifications off during the race so i didn't know about our incident until this morning.

Congrats also to @JonoStan96 @LITTLEBLACKO942 @Hatfield @Knuckles and finally @Jurassic Mark for all finishing such a tough event. I will hopefully see you guys at Catalunya next week.

Pole Lap
    Last edited: May 12, 2017
  17. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Tried a new style intro this week, I hope you guys like it!
    ssman244, Hatfield and razor4797 like this.
  18. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    A little slow posting up my race review and videos this week, but it has probably taken me this long to recover hahaha.

What an absolute battle that was. I was mentally shot afterwards. I came in already pretty fatigued from a LONG week of work and a sore shoulder/neck region. I legitimately fist pumped when I crossed the line and the compter took cntrol at the end.

I decided I'd get out as early as possible in qualifying to set a lap and just be done. Easiest way to stay out of everyones way, I thought. Then Jono managed to catch me on my outlap, (I assume it was his as well and he was setting up for a flyer), so decided to try and pull out of his way and let him go. Picked a crap spot to try, and must have gotten pretty close to tripping him up, but luckily I didnt. So I set my lap, and got back to the pits and just waited it out. Was expecting to be on the very back row (was actually hoping to be right at the back) but 2 guys didn't set laps.

My race plan was just to try and finish and stay out of any carnage, especially early on. So i held back a bit on the start and simply got myself into a groove of just circulating laps with out taking to much damage. I remember feeling like I'd had enough at one point, and looking at the lap count and it wasnt even half way done. Was very happy with the way I managed to get out of the way for most of the blue flags (sorry if I did hold anyone up at all). Under safety car at one point, i'd managed to sandwich myself between I think 6th and 7th at the time, so, with my team mate behind and having already pitted at the START of the safety car, I decided to peel into pit lane to get out of the way. I was hoping that with no notice, my crew wouldnt be ready and I'd just drive through, but instead, I had my brand new US tyres taken off and replaced with I think S tyres. For future reference, is there a way to just go through the pits and make no changes?

In the end, I made the whole race and I believe I didnt puncture a single tyre. In fact, I cant remember THAT much red front wing damage either (though a few wings did get replaced). I think just after the winner crossed the line i thought to myself "just make it to the start/finish line and you're done" and then basically immediately drove straight into a wall. Luckily only hard enough to bust the wing, but not take me out.

To the guys at the top, and especially Benny for winning, congratulations. With the struggles I was having at my much slower pace, I'm amazed how you guys do it taking so many more risks with higher speeds and passing. Good job!

Heres my footage:

Qualifying:

Full race:
  19. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  20. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Video up, last hour unedited.
    JonoStan96 likes this.