Season 13 - Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Mar 31, 2017.

1. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    Qually: I did about half an hour of practise before qually and couldn't get less than a 55.1. Somehow pulled off a 54.80 with a few minutes to go and surprised myself out qualifying @KeedenMcdonald . Nowhere near @StigsTC though.
    Race 1: Clean simple start, tagged along the back of Stigs with Beau in behind, but the lack of practise became evident with the inconsistency that started to show, A few minor mistakes allowed Beau past and then a few more not long after brought me within range of @Russell and @Bryan_F . Put down some faster laps to close in on he top 2 and pull a gap to 4th and carefully brought it home in 3rd.
    Race 2: Good start and began trying to pick off cars as they came. Closing in on Bryan early in the race, I got turned around at T1 going back to last, then i powered on to catch the field up again. As I caught the train again, an incident happened that I luckily snuck through to get into 4th. Eventually catching and passing @Knuckles for another 3rd. It might have been a race of what could've been, but those top 2 were way to quick anyway. Congrats
    StigsTC and KeedenMcdonald like this.
  2. Jaycie

Jaycie Rookie

PSN ID
    Jay-R51
    Congrats to to @StigsTC and @KeedenMcdonald on race 1 (from lap 15 I was spectating from T3 and had a good lap by lap view of the race - was actually enjoyable spectating from here) I didn't see who won race 2.

race 1 @bmx_mtb_boy and I had a great scrap all race until I unfortunately had wheel issues. It switched off and ran a full reset as I was going around turn 1. Car stayed motionless for a few seconds then I didn't have any throttle at all, only brakes and steering. I'm glad it didn't effect BMX too much but, but I didn't continue the night as it could have been disastrous.

I felt I had a good consistent pace and was hoping for 5th or so race one and was eager for there reverse grid. So it was disappointing to have the DNF due to technical issues but that's racing and cant complain. Just need a new wheel!
    StigsTC and bmx_mtb_boy like this.
  3. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    It has, it just hasn't been updated in the incident thread yet. @Ad2mny

Also, results are late because I can't post from my computer at the moment.
    Last edited: May 8, 2017
    Ad2mny likes this.
  4. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I am having the same problem.
  5. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Just put me down for clean sweeps the last two rounds @emmo46 if no results come through. I dont mind
  6. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    I seem to run well when I can't watch the V8 Supercars and practice instead lol.
    Banged around London at about the same pace at the V8s around Barbagello so I guess I put down about 100 laps during that time frame and I felt good with 54.7 but I knew with a perfect lap I might get 54.5... and then when I joined the pre-race practice lobby and saw Beau with a 54.5 for real I figured I was pretty boned lol.
    Qualy - 55.0 to start, happy with the banker but Beau straight to a 54.84 and I thought I was toast, but managed get a lower 54.8, and then 54.7 before SS moved to 2nd, and then nailed a new PB of 54.651 for pole, was really happy to have found my rhythm to nail those hot laps time and time again.
    Race 1 - Got to turn 1 and realised I didn't actually know where to brake, went a bit deep but SS was also playing it safe and luckily didn't pounce. Soon became apparent that Beau was only just warming up in qualy smashing a 54.7 nearly straight away and my lovely QP rhythm was gone, only stayed out of Beau's reach by not making as many mistakes, until I stuffed a lap and then Beau was just glued in behind me. Credit to Beau to just wait patiently for a mistake or an opening, couple of probes into turn 1, all of it very controlled and very respectful leading to close racing and some side by side on the run up to 2-3. After chasing for about 6 laps and properly pursuing for another 10, with 3 or 4 to go I made a mistake, grabbed the inside wall and pinballed across the road, however we tangled with Beau having nowhere to go and on-track position remained unchanged. Thought he had me as he'd been quicker in that corner all race and was sure to get the inside line into the 2nd last turn, but just got stupid lucky there.
    Race 2 - Plan was to just wait for mistakes to take openings and I tried to sit back and let that happen, seemed to work pretty well until the chaos on lap 12, had 4 cars 2-by-2 into the 2nd last corner, and after the Bry slide/spin somehow was 3 wide with Rus and Holden into the last turn there and didn't realise it, having only noticed Rus going for the 0.95 car width space between me and the wall, and making it fit! Tried to give him space once he'd claimed it to discover as we turned in that Holdenman had gone the other side without me noticing. Apologies there guys, if I'd known I was meat in the middle would have bailed out. From there Beau was out of reach, grabbed knuckles after he went wide in 3 and set off after Beau, and as quickly as it came and left, my rhythm came back and we were flying again. 54.8, 54.7, 54.6, 54.6, 54.55 and finally 54.531 on the last lap to close in on Beau but not do enough to return the favour of a thrilling pursuit battle.

Really enjoyed how close the reverse grid race was with all 9 of us running in the 1 train pretty much with an intense battle pack for 1-5, great stuff from everyone to stay on it and stay in the hunt.
    Russell, ssman244, REVO_Bryan and 2 others like this.
  7. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Do you know if the results are affected.
  8. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    Your pace was insane mate, you had me trying my best and not only that, being behind you got my pace up and made me bit faster in the race, I just couldn't get the pace in Qualifying just got 54.8 3 times in a row and just wasn't fast enough, you hitting the wall ruined me more than you but I seen it coming and was stupid to even try go around the outside, I thought I could get you into T1 and T6 because I could exit the corners very fast

Race2 at the end when you were catching i could hear your car horn getting closer and closer and getting very nervous lol
    StigsTC likes this.
  9. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    I believe so.
  10. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Round 3 Results
    Race 1

Pole: @StigsTC
    [​IMG]
    10. lets-party (DNF)
    11. Jay (DNF)
    [​IMG]

Race 2
    [​IMG]

Note: Party and Jay DNS
    [​IMG]
    StigsTC likes this.
  11. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Trust me I noticed that you were killing me into 1 and out of 6 lol. Early on you were not getting a clean run out of 1 but as the race went on you changed something so you'd gain under brakes and then pick up the throttle at the same time I did.
    As for T6 I couldn't work out what you were doing but all I knew is that it was faster.
  12. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Rookie

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    Qualified 7th, then had a good battle with @Jaycie until his wheel stopped working. From there it was a case of trying to close the gap to Bryan and Russell..Finished 6th. 3nd race started well enough with a battle with Knuckles fir the lead until I made contact with Bryan and spun him. Redressed that and carried on to finish 6th again. Definitely looking forward to the wet round now after practice.
    StigsTC likes this.
  13. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Provisional
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: May 9, 2017
    StigsTC likes this.
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    @Bryan_F do you have lap times for party and jay from race 1?
  15. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Never mind @Bryan_F , I found them :oops:
  16. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Provisional
    [​IMG]
    StigsTC likes this.
  17. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Round 4 -
    14/5

Autumn Ring. 30 Laps
    Dynamic Weather
    Tyres: CS ONLY

[​IMG]
    Thanks to realishracing for the map
    TRACK LIMITS : Please be aware of the track limits at the Mini Esses and Chicane especially. We all know the deal. Ripple strips and white lines.

CONTACT : IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front, and gain an advantage you MUST REDRESS and give the place back. Failure to do so could result in a penalty from the stewards group.

On the other side of the coin, if you make a mistake which slows you down, don't block the car behind eg. if you hit a wall on exit and the car behind pulls out to pass, don't move across the track to block. This is of course different to standard defending where moving over to cover the inside is acceptable.

PASSING : When a car pulls along side you are EXPECTED to give racing room. Contact in being aggressive trying to defend will be looked at, better to give room and continue the fight.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Don't need to be a rocket scientist to know that you can't win the race in the first corner, but you sure as hell can lose it for yourself and / or ruin another drivers races by either being too aggressive OR too defensive into T1.

COMPULSORY PITSTOP : All drivers must make a compulsory pitstop.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those on your lap. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty. For cars making the pass (leaders), you still have a responsibility to avoid contact with slower traffic.

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will again be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until 12PM monday night to submit a protest, and 12PM Tuesday night for your evidence to be submitted (ie video).

http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

NOTE : We will be tweaking the penalties / penalty table a little this season, to give a little more wriggle room with how the penalties are handed out, and for the severity of the 'infringement'. This is still a work in progress however and may not be finalized before round 1.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY ! : Please remember to save your replay after the race. If you want to protest anything, we can only act on the info we have in front of us, failure to do so will not enable us to view things from your game perspective, and with some of the issues we have seen, this could have a massive influence on how the stewards group will view and rule on any incident.
    ssman244 and StigsTC like this.
  18. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Gonna be a maybe/if i make it in time.
  19. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    We can wait a bit or you can join at the end of qualifying if you'd like.
    StigsTC likes this.
  20. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Ill keep you informed. Inlaws are here, yaaaaaay.
    StigsTC likes this.