Season 7 - Division 1

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Mar 31, 2017.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    was in sync for me......not sure why the line is on...thought i had that turned off in options :confused:
  2. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    My race was actually better than i expected it to be. Managed to qualify 4th. Got a ripper of a start and ended up being on the inside of t1 with Coojak, Slambo and Bubba outside of me. I was right on Rhino for the first 3 laps but a slight off put me behind. Was pretty close behind Slambo and Torana when they had their coming together on the entry to the pits. ( i thought you were both going in!) So i was gifted a position from Torana.
    Came out of the pits behind Torana as he obviously went for a few laps less fuel. We all came out behind the Juz who had opted for a 2 stop strategy and took less fuel than us all. From then on it became a 5 way tussle until Torana had a tank slapped that left me scything thru between Torana and Slambo. By this time the Juz had pulled a few seconds gap on us. Try as hard as I could the gap was only coming down a tenth at a time, until Slambo tried a move that didn't stick which gave Torana the chance to get us both. I ended up keeping the position after a few corners of side by side action, but it was too much for Slambo and he had an off.
    Next few laps it turned into 'let's just catch the Juz' who was obviously suffering on his soft tyres. Before I could get past him I had a brain fade and let Torana back thru...I looked behind and I could see 4 or 5 cars within sight so there was no more room for errors if I wanted a chance at a podium.
    The The Juz pitted, and for some reason Torana wanted to be behind me and and another little off. Shame mate as Coojak was only 5 secs ahead at that point...
    From then on I was back in 3rd and just concentrated on catching Coojak myself with Torana and Poppin or Bubba? Right in behind. I was catching Coojak slowly, but with the faster guys behind I found I was doing more defensive driving with my tyres starting to feel the pinch.
    As it was I ran wide on the exit of t1 last lap which gave them a peek into t2, but I held them off and just concentrated in bringing it home. I even set my my best last sector on the last lap. Go figure...
    Congrats to Rhino for your win, and also to Coojak for great consistent pace.
  3. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    Just a reminder I won't be there this sunday, so reserve can take my spot
    stucar17 likes this.
  4. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    Cheating? Lol What by having what so called racing line on that runs pretty much in the centre of the track lol
    stucar17 likes this.
  5. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    If you were actually using it you'd be about 3 seconds a lap slower.
    v8power383, SuiCid3, Zachery and 2 others like this.
  6. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    SUPERCARS WORLD TOUR.

Round 4 :
    14/5
    Donington
    GP ENGLAND - SPRINT ROUND - Race 1-17 laps - Race 2-18 laps (+1 formation lap)
    DATE : 5/5/17 - Race start @3pm
    Weather slots : - 1 overcast, light cloud (BOTH RACES)
    Based on 1.45L per lap fuel wont be an issue -
    Tyre wear SLOW for sprint.

[​IMG]

QUAL : 10 min Qual for race 1 as normal.

RACE 1 : 17 laps as per normal race
    RACE 2 : REVERSE GRID. 18 laps - 1 lap will be added as a formation lap. Room captains will set up room as 18 lap race, and at race start ALL DRIVERS WILL STOP BEFORE TURN 1 and get in reverse order of race 1. Once room captains are happy with the order drivers will start off and all drivers must remain in single file. The following rules apply
    - Drivers MAY swerve up until the esses to get heat into tyres
    - If a driver falls out of position (spin etc) he MAY rejoin in his correct space
    - From the MELBOURNE HAIRPIN drivers MUST be in single file and follow the lead car at 80klms. IE the lead car has control of the field and must remain at 80klms.
    - The race will START on the EXIT of the final turn ONTO the front straight.
    - There is to be NO PASSING until AFTER THE START / FINISH LINE.

REVERSE GRID ETIQUETTE : Obviously with the faster guys coming through this DOES NOT entitle them to barge other cars out of the way. The CHALLENGE is getting through clean. Use your brains here lads, the same rules apply for contact with other drivers....

POINTS SYSTEM : The points are worked on a combination of full points for race 1 and 1/2 points for race 2. The combined points then give finishing positions for the round....Fastest lap is awarded for the fastest lap over the 2 races. Pole is awarded as normal for race 1 Qual. In the event of drivers on tied points, final position will be determined by fastest lap.

TRACK LIMITS : Is pretty straight forward here, not really anywhere to gain time that wont give you a penalty anyway. We all know the deal. Ripple strips and white lines.

PASSING : Is a very fast track guys, from turns 1 (hollywood) right through to Coppice is one line and very hard to pass. Best passing spots are obviously from the hairpin through to turn 1......If you make a mistake, if a car pulls along side you are EXPECTED to give racing room. Contact in being aggressive trying to defend will be looked at, better to give room and continue the fight.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Back half of the grid need to brake a little earlier and not cause chaos with kamikazee passes into 1. Drive IN YOUR LANE till the grid shakes out through turns 3,4 and 5.......PLEEEEEEASE ! .

COMPULSORY PITSTOP : N/A for sprint round

FUEL : N/A for sprint round

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : N/A for sprint round

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. With the 2 classes there is slightly more chance of blue flags coming into play, so you should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty. For cars making the pass (leaders), you still have a responsibility to avoid contact with slower traffic

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will again be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until 12PM monday night to submit a protest, and 12PM Tuesday night for your evidence to be submitted (ie video).

http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

NOTE : We will be tweaking the penalties / penalty table a little this season, to give a little more wriggle room with how the penalties are handed out, and for the severity of the 'infringement'. This is still a work in progress however and may not be finalized before round 1.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY ! : Please remember to save your replay after the race. If you want to protest anything, we can only act on the info we have in front of us, failure to do so will not enable us to view things from your game perspective, and with some of the issues we have seen, this could have a massive influence on how the stewards group will view and rule on any incident.

Thanks Stu and Ads
    SPL Racing and Toranafan-02 like this.
  9. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    I won't be racing tonight @stucar17 still moving house
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I'm out too guys. Still at work , with another couple of hours to go :(

Who is able to host ?
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Is it strong enough for a fullish room. ?
  12. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    Just thought I'd put my hand up for a two don't fit in to one thing I had with Bubba, that was my bad mate .
    Jason and I had a couple of little touches, but we were both all good on the mic's so that cool. I copped a couple of good hits , how ever they were redressed, so all good again.
    There was some good old fashion hard racing.
    SPL Racing and jasondull1986 like this.
  13. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

good racing tonight fellas, gotta luv the reverse grid races.
    Sorry all those caught in my smoke clouds hope stus connection will be better next week
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  14. Toranafan-02

Toranafan-02 Team Driver

PSN ID
    SIR_Tyson_02 PS4. deadman024 PS3.
    Sick drifts mate
    Coojak3009 and TheJuzzy like this.
  15. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Sorry but that is a major exagation problem was SPL got taken out first lap in the warm up
  16. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Previously had only done it when I hosted. Next week I'll reset everything and turn off all the other wifi crap In the house.
  17. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Great racing last night guys. Really close hard racing in both races which was great fun. I finished 10th in race one which wasn't great but I started on the second row of the grid, sorry about the clusterf:):)k that was the rolling start on race 2, as the cars in front bunched up I had to pull up behind benny and mike had no choice but to give me a prostate exam (all good mate, no hard feelings, you didn't have anywhere to go) which caused a chain reaction. I tried to slip back into my spot but cars were everywhere so thanks for the restart.
    I got off the line well and tucked in behind Benny until we could slip past Blindman after a few laps, I kept watching the track map to see when I was going to get eaten up by the quicker guys behind but it never came. I was very happy to keep Mike at a safe distance behind for most of the race and I had a few runs on Benny in front but couldn't get close enough to execute a pass.
    Mike reeled me in over the last couple of laps and when I made a slight mistake on the final lap he was close enough to slip through putting me back to 4th.
    Congrats to all winners and podium getters
  18. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Video up of race 2. Finally a race that is at least worthy of uploading.

Had a good battle with @Blindman (Lap 4 to 6) from there it took me until lap 10 to get into a proper groove, then just managed to chase down @Kart-No-1 for another good 2 lap battle, managing to get past on the very last corner.
    Is good to finally have a clean mistake free race.
  19. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    What an awesome and close finish!
  20. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Great drive Benny