Season 7 - Division 2

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Mar 31, 2017.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    SUPERCARS WORLD TOUR.

Round 4 :
    14/5
    Donington
    GP ENGLAND - SPRINT ROUND - Race 1-17 laps - Race 2-18 laps (+1 formation lap)
    DATE : 5/5/17 - Race start @3pm
    Weather slots : - 1 overcast, light cloud (BOTH RACES)
    Based on 1.45L per lap fuel wont be an issue -
    Tyre wear SLOW for sprint.

[​IMG]

QUAL : 10 min Qual for race 1 as normal.

RACE 1 : 17 laps as per normal race
    RACE 2 : REVERSE GRID. 18 laps - 1 lap will be added as a formation lap. Room captains will set up room as 18 lap race, and at race start ALL DRIVERS WILL STOP BEFORE TURN 1 and get in reverse order of race 1. Once room captains are happy with the order drivers will start off and all drivers must remain in single file. The following rules apply
    - Drivers MAY swerve up until the esses to get heat into tyres
    - If a driver falls out of position (spin etc) he MAY rejoin in his correct space
    - From the MELBOURNE HAIRPIN drivers MUST be in single file and follow the lead car at 80klms. IE the lead car has control of the field and must remain at 80klms.
    - The race will START on the EXIT of the final turn ONTO the front straight.
    - There is to be NO PASSING until AFTER THE START / FINISH LINE.

REVERSE GRID ETIQUETTE : Obviously with the faster guys coming through this DOES NOT entitle them to barge other cars out of the way. The CHALLENGE is getting through clean. Use your brains here lads, the same rules apply for contact with other drivers....

POINTS SYSTEM : The points are worked on a combination of full points for race 1 and 1/2 points for race 2. The combined points then give finishing positions for the round....Fastest lap is awarded for the fastest lap over the 2 races. Pole is awarded as normal for race 1 Qual. In the event of drivers on tied points, final position will be determined by fastest lap.

TRACK LIMITS : Is pretty straight forward here, not really anywhere to gain time that wont give you a penalty anyway. We all know the deal. Ripple strips and white lines.

PASSING : Is a very fast track guys, from turns 1 (hollywood) right through to Coppice is one line and very hard to pass. Best passing spots are obviously from the hairpin through to turn 1......If you make a mistake, if a car pulls along side you are EXPECTED to give racing room. Contact in being aggressive trying to defend will be looked at, better to give room and continue the fight.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Back half of the grid need to brake a little earlier and not cause chaos with kamikazee passes into 1. Drive IN YOUR LANE till the grid shakes out through turns 3,4 and 5.......PLEEEEEEASE ! .

COMPULSORY PITSTOP : N/A for sprint round

FUEL : N/A for sprint round

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : N/A for sprint round

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. With the 2 classes there is slightly more chance of blue flags coming into play, so you should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty. For cars making the pass (leaders), you still have a responsibility to avoid contact with slower traffic

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will again be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until 12PM monday night to submit a protest, and 12PM Tuesday night for your evidence to be submitted (ie video).

http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

NOTE : We will be tweaking the penalties / penalty table a little this season, to give a little more wriggle room with how the penalties are handed out, and for the severity of the 'infringement'. This is still a work in progress however and may not be finalized before round 1.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY ! : Please remember to save your replay after the race. If you want to protest anything, we can only act on the info we have in front of us, failure to do so will not enable us to view things from your game perspective, and with some of the issues we have seen, this could have a massive influence on how the stewards group will view and rule on any incident.

Thanks Stu and Ads
  2. agolfer78

agolfer78 Team Driver Gold Member

Just some early warning I probably wont make this week. Ive got a fair bit of work on at the moment so ive gotta work all weekend :(:(
  3. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Sorry, but I'm also out for tonight and the rest of the season, I'm just not able to find any time to practice this season and I'm sick of turning up on Sunday nights with little to no practice laps, getting my arse handed to me and clogging up the track. It would be best to give my spot to a reserve who may be able to do more with the opportunity.
    Cheers
  4. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Sorry to hear Cob. I reckon you would be more than competitive with minimal practice.
  5. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Thanks for letting us know guys.

Just a quick tip on lining up for race 2 tonight. Have a look at the results after the 1st race and take a note of who finished behind you. Then make sure you line up behind them for race 2.
    George and Jim_aka_The_Man like this.
  6. George

George Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Tuddy5611
    2 x 7th, not bad since I qualified 8th. The lag in the first race was absolutely ridiculous, but went well enough. 2Nd had a horrible start to it all and made worse with @Luke Snape getting pun making the field go everywhere. Eventually recovered to 6th with others having mishaps. Went wide toward the end of the race and decided it best to let @garyw61 slip past. Unfortunately I then placed myself under huge attack from @dunamotornz who was very quick at the end of the race. I got lucky held 7th.
    garyw61 likes this.
  7. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Unofficial results. @Hatfield @jasondull1986
    Sorry about the qually results. App went dark before the start and I didn't pick it until half way through, hence the no times for a few guys.
    [​IMG]
    Race 1 Fastest Laps
    [​IMG]

Race 1 Total race times.
    [​IMG]

Race 2 Fastest Laps.
    [​IMG]

Race 2 Total race times.
    [​IMG]
    garyw61, dj2ca and jasondull1986 like this.
  8. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Sorry about the room issues last night, guys. Not sure what was going on. Checked my connection straight after and I still had the full 100mbps. Good racing though besides the lag issues. Congrats to Coyote and CAGME on race wins.
  9. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Full qualifying results:

[​IMG]
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Good job guys....is always a tough race with the reverse grid.
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    garyw61 likes this.
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    SUPERCARS WORLD TOUR.

Round 5 : 21/5

Catalunya SPAIN- ENDURO 24 HR -
    50 laps - 6/7/17 - Race start @4pm
    X15 time progression.
    Weather slots : Clear, Light cloud, light fog, clear
    Based on 1.6L av fuel will need 80L total.....drivers add 40L over race distance

[​IMG]

TRACK LIMITS : As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. We all make a mistake or 2, but if you are caught "continually and obviously" running outside the track limits to gain advantage you will be penalized by the stewards group. Track is pretty straight forward guys, testing track limits will see you pinged with an in game penalty. The only place i have seen where this may be pushed was the final chicane. BE WARNED....IF YOU CONTINUALLY EXCEED TRACK LIMITS EXPECT A PENALTY.

CONTACT : IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front, and gain an advantage you MUST REDRESS and give the place back. Failure to do so could result in a penalty from the stewards group. We have seen a few examples last season of contact to the rear of another car, pushing them off track. This is the classic redress situation. PLEASE REDRESS IF YOU DO THIS TO AVOID A PENALTY.

PASSING : Can be tough to pass here. When a car pulls along side you are EXPECTED to give racing room. Contact in being aggressive trying to defend will be looked at, better to give room and continue the fight.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Don't need to be a rocket scientist to know that you can't win the race in the first corner, but you sure as hell can lose it for yourself and / or ruin another drivers races by either being too aggressive OR too defensive into T1. Stay in your lane till the grid shakes out by turns 2 and 3. ........please get through there cleanly ! Use your brains here lads and give room to those around you. Back half of the grid need to brake a little earlier and not cause chaos with kamikazee passes into 1.

COMPULSORY PITSTOP : All drivers must make a compulsory pitstop. Pit lane is open from LAP 1. All drivers will have to make sure their pit strat is sorted for each round, and make the decision of wanting to take the soft / hard or a mix of the 2 at their pitstop. We have found in the past that having multiple strategies can cause issues, so i would recommend you delete all except for the falcon one (even default).

FUEL :
    ALL BASED ON 1.6L per lap...You will need to add 'approx' 80L to finish the race. REMEMBER your pit strat fuel bar is what the pit crew will fuel UP TO. If you are unsure of fuel use i would recommend on guessing an average of 1.7L per lap.

STRATEGIES : To be honest, i havent done a lot of laps here to try different strategies, if you are buggered as to what to do (given most guys are talking in team chats) send me a PM and will give you something easy to follow.

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : Both are reasonably straightforward, however DO NOT swerve across the front of other cars on entry. Drivers should remain right on the exit of the last corner for a clean entry into pit lane. Be aware of those around you when making your entry to avoid a Lowndes / Rullo incident ;)
    On EXIT, drivers should be aware of fast drivers approaching. The exit line is long, so you should stay as far right as possible into T1 if there is traffic approaching, once up to speed then all should be good to resume racing by the time you reach the exit of 2.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. With the 2 classes there is slightly more chance of blue flags coming into play, so you should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty. For cars making the pass (leaders), you still have a responsibility to avoid contact with slower traffic

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will again be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until 12PM monday night to submit a protest, and 12PM Tuesday night for your evidence to be submitted (ie video).

http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

NOTE : We will be tweaking the penalties / penalty table a little this season, to give a little more wriggle room with how the penalties are handed out, and for the severity of the 'infringement'. This is still a work in progress however and may not be finalized before round 1.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY ! : Please remember to save your replay after the race. If you want to protest anything, we can only act on the info we have in front of us, failure to do so will not enable us to view things from your game perspective, and with some of the issues we have seen, this could have a massive influence on how the stewards group will view and rule on any incident.
    George and Jim_aka_The_Man like this.
  14. clynt reynolds

clynt reynolds Guest

Changing car to symmons.As Gary and I are in ICR. Any objections @garyw61 or anybody?
  15. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
  16. Stozz

Stozz Rookie

It's very close indeed lol
    Anthonyb likes this.
  17. clynt reynolds

clynt reynolds Guest

Yeah. Looking really close.
    Anthonyb likes this.
  18. agolfer78

agolfer78 Team Driver Gold Member

Sorry for the late notice guys, I wont be racing tonight. Flat out at work for probably another 3 or 4 hours. It's a shame cause I do love the enduros. If I get done here sooner and the spots free ill jump on but if there is someone who can take it its theirs.
  19. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Thanks golfer. Hope you can make it mate.
  20. George

George Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Tuddy5611
    Well, qualified pretty good for myself. Started damn good to, did a massive accidental dive bomb on everyone (didn't realise someone had taken out the important brake marker). Ran well for a bit longer, then it went down hill, fast. I thought I would make my second pit stop early. Mistake there, I was not going to have the fuel to het home. So another stop. And so sorry @stilesy for that tap mid lap, that was the longest 14secs of the race for me. Just kicking myself for it. The lag got a bit crazy there for about half a lap, enough to screw me a little more. Oh well bring on Zolder
    garyw61 and Jim_aka_The_Man like this.