Season 11: A Maztacular Season!!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Will be online around 8.30-9pm to get some more practice in... Gotta find a sec to get close to Ed!! :roflmao:
    ed40t and Cherno like this.
  2. chunk2620

chunk2620 Rookie

hey guys sorry about this but im not gunna be able to partake the rest of this season reliably due to work being flat out over the next few months will hopefully catch you guys on practice nights and that and will hopefully be able to get back into it next season
    David Brister and Rolz like this.
  3. Pete

Pete Rookie

Sorry guys I can't make it tonight. Good beer week in melbs so on the brews for the night
    loris P., krunch, Rolz and 1 other person like this.
  4. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

Hi guys I got caught up with work. Should be home in 10 mins hope to catch the second race
  5. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Some really good racing tonight, first time i have ever tried H-Shifter + Heel Toe in a race, so it was quite enjoyable to mix it up in the mid pack and have a few battles. Unfortunately i locked a brake into the chicane which meant i bumped one of the tyre bundles sending me back out onto the track in the path of oncoming cars, figured it was best to jump to pits so no one hit me which put me down the order massively. Good luck for the 2nd race everyone!
    krunch and ed40t like this.
  6. QC.

QC. AC Server Legend

7. Ben787

Ben787 Rookie

Thanks for the races. Really good fun.
    R1 - barrelled straight into a tyre. Glad the damage was set to low or the car would have been for scrap metal. Was in a three way with krunch and spita and we retained the gap between us for the rest of the race.
    R2 - Got a great start and pulled a lead. Thought cyber was going to have me and then ended up getting a half straight lead. One stage was wondering I could hold until the end until a couple missiles came up my rear. Held off ed40 for a couple laps I think and then double vision that blinded me with a solid pass on the last lap. Tried a last turn lunge trying second gear to no avail and missed the podium. Was good fun the reverse grid.
    ed40t, krunch, KoAStR and 2 others like this.
  8. Rolz

Top night! Good to be back, missed the RX7 and shame they are over... now to the 787b's!!
    Q1 - good consistent pace, but just couldn't match my practice times to get a fast time, still happy with 5th
    R1 - good start and great racing... good tussle with Cherno, I think the extra weight he had in the end was the handicap that helped me get past him.
    R2 - reverse grid... woah was intense but really fun... certainly had some rubs, but seemed to be the one that had luck on my side and came out ahead. Again Cherno was in front and this time I just couldn't catch him... a few silly mistakes on my side also contributed, but hats off...
    Tops stuff to the winners on both races and congrats to the overall winner when we see results :)

PS - person with weird startup issue, open task manager, go to startup tab and disable all and start one by one re-enabling if you find it starts to boot first time without the reset fix needed. I recall having this issue and found it was to a CPUTemp app I used to run, but wasn't Win10 compatible... was a :):):):):) to troubleshoot because startup items seem to load up before I got to login screen. HTH :)
    spita84, ed40t, krunch and 3 others like this.
  9. Doublevision

Doublevision Rookie

Q1 - Had one of my best laps and very happy with 3rd going into the race
    R1 - Had a very good jump off the line to mix it up with Tovey and Anon for the first lap, had some very close clean racing between us. Managed to just pass Anon on the back straight under brakes in the following lap and from then I couldn't catch Tovey as he had some excellent pace.
    R2 - Starting from 2nd last I managed to pip a few spots on the opening lap while avoiding any incidents. From there I was able to make my way through the field while having some excellent battles. Very good defensive driving from both Cyber77 and Ben meant I had to really work hard to get up to 2nd place only just getting Ben on the penultimate lap.

Well done Tovey and Ed for winning your respective races, team Pag really on it this time!
    ed40t, Mael, Sam D Blacklock and 2 others like this.
  10. David Brister

David Brister Team Driver

[​IMG]

First was was one of the best races i have ever had, with most of the race about 11 laps constantly battling with Drift.

[​IMG]

Sorry for being a grumpy bum and telling you guys to shut up at the end once you guys all finished, i beat Drift across the line by 0.1seconds my heart was pounding and the level of concentration i had to have for those last few laps was awsome.

But by race 2, i was knackered, out of breath, but pumped after race 1. Only managed to hold up in the front pack till the end of lap 3 going into the chicane, i thought mine and terrys little coming together caused me to spin, but on video replay, sneaky Rolz give a little PIT maneuver, lol and that concrete tyre wall loomed up on me fast. Sorry Terry.

Finished 19th both races, had a blast!!

[​IMG]

I have posted about 50 pics on my facebook Season 11 Rooz Album. this link should take you there if any body want to see a lot of accidents i took pics of.

https://www.facebook.com/david.bris...90788.1073741847.515140787&type=3&uploaded=26
    tezpez85, Peter Wise, ed40t and 6 others like this.
  11. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Looks like the revised ballast system is working nicely.

Gratz double for taking out the round and Tovey for taking all the bonus points ;)
    [​IMG]

Cherno establishing a solid lead but there's a 4-way tussle for the other 2 podium spots heating up.
    Tough round for TGM after some stella consistency sees them to the bottom of the teams table, and a stella round for Pag sees them contesting the lead. :thumbsup:
    [​IMG]
  12. Ben787

Ben787 Rookie

Nice Facebook recap Dave
    David Brister likes this.
  13. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

Yeah Dave that was a good read. Well done to all another great night of racing. I was so lucky to catch the end of qualifying but unlucky I didnt get to finish that lap, it was a decent lap! Started from the rear with a full tank of fuel (doh) managed to pick a few spots out but man the racing is hard in the pack! Unfortunately I turned Spita around on the first lap, apologise mate so after the redress tried my best to get back some spots. Everyone was racing awesome and had some good battles. Next race started a bit further up thanks to the reverse grid, recieved some damage from the rear on the opening lap and managed to come home with a win after passing Ben with a few laps to go, you drove great mate and ill forgive you for damaging my paintwork out of the hairpin:p

Well done to all the PRT guys, probably the best round as a team we have had??

Going to miss the RX7, this 787b is a handful!
  14. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Monday night's races were action packed and a heap of fun. Taking on Blackwood Reverse was not for the faint hearted! I'm pretty sure @Anon666 took the word "reverse" literally though. Not only did he reverse down the order but he tried to take me down with him - twice lol!

Q: I knew I'd be a bit off pace this week as I'd had little practice, so I was happy to almost match my PB to grab 10th.

R1: My start was OK and I held my position up the slope. As we crested the hill I held my breath as the rollercoaster heading down the other side had no sympathy for 22 screaming rexies. Fortunately we all got through the first couple of corners and I had a cool little battle with @tezpez85 and @Ben787. I managed to hold them off and by the end of lap 2 I was in 8th and chasing down @c4rLo5.

That's when Anon activated his "reverse" strategy!

Coming over the hill through T1 I saw Anon's dust as he ran wide and cut through the sand inside T2. I saw @TheStig13 and Carlos opt out of his reverse strategy play by going straight past him, which I thought was a wise move so I tried the same thing. I just managed to squeeze through too. Anon was now on my bumper though and clearly still had good speed. We tussled for the rest of the lap until Anon's favourite corner loomed and then...

T2 TAKEDOWN v1! Anon appeared to have corrected his previous lap's mistake by turning in earlier - MUCH earlier! I saw a red & white flash in the mirror and then POW! Suddenly I was backwards into the wall.

As my pants soaked up the little bit of wee that came out (yes I DO wear pants unlike some) I saw 5 cars zip by. Anon redressed (<- speaks for itself) and we resumed the battle, although I now had some damage which meant I wasn't as confident in the car. On lap 5 Anon got past me and @ed40t was on my tail. Ed got past me at the end of the back straight but as we came through the chicane there was Anon throwing grass and dirt into the air again. Ed and I both slipped past him into the final corner and Anon slotted in behind me. I had a bad feeling of "deja vu" as we crested the T1 hill. I saw a red & white flash in the mirror - but this time I was ready and I moved out wide hoping the missile would fly past me. It almost worked.

T2 TAKEDOWN v2! Anon hit me right in the driver's side door which fortunately didn't spin me, but it did spin him which helped him stick to his reverse strategy quite well I reckon! Luckily I didn't lose any spots this time but as I limped onward I had @spita84, @Seanus and Ben behind looking for trouble. Spita and I had a great tussle for quite a few laps which was good fun but I managed to pull clear towards the end and finished 12th.

R2: OK so it was "deja vu" number 2 as I started in exactly the same postion for race 2 - 10th. This time there was some action into T2. As the field went 4 wide and compacted up I went way wide to avoid contact and expected to lose a number of spots. But as Seanus got turned around in front of half the field I was so wide I missed it all and just carried on. At T3 I was 9th. This time I was on Spita's tail and as he got held up trying to pass @David Brister I went around the outside. 8th. David's slower entry allowed me to get past by the chicane and I was in 7th by the end of lap 1. At T3 I slipped past teamie @Driftoz. 6th.

That's when Anon activated his "reverse" strategy! Wait. What? Again?

This time I wasn't the victim, @bbhrt was. Collateral damage appears to have been dished out to teamie @QC. as well. By the time I was heading up the back straight I found myself in 4th and when QC unfortunately had a moment into T2 and I moved into 3rd I began dreaming of an unlikely podium. Yep unlikely was correct because all the speed demons were not far behind carving through the field even faster than I had. I now had ed, stiggy, and @Doublevision right in my mirror while I was trying to attack @Cyber_STIG_77.

I put up a good fight but they each finally got me 1 by 1. Ahead of me Cyber put up a good fight too and each time he was passed I tried to take advantage. But Cyber is harder to pass than a supermodel photo-shoot and as my tyres were starting to get squirmy I just couldn't get a move done.

So now I was in 6th and more fast guys were looming in the mirrors. @Cherno and @Rolz flew by in the next couple of laps and I had to settle with 8th by the finish.

Absolutely fantastic fun doing the reverse grid from mid pack! Loved the battles! Congrats to Doublevision for the round win and @Tovey_4saken & Cherno for the podium.

So having started 10th for both races my final postion for the round was... 10th! :)
    Cherno, Peter Wise, Anon666 and 7 others like this.
  15. Ben787

Ben787 Rookie

Hilarious read Krunch. Man you should be commentating f1 would make it a lot more exciting ;)Thanks too Ed for the comments trying to improve my toe to toe racing; was tough trying to race on the edge with quick laps and maintain a consistent line to prevent passing. Cheers
    Last edited: May 17, 2017
    krunch likes this.
  16. spita84

spita84 Rookie

PSN ID
    buggie_brain
    Thanks Rolz but i ended up sorting it.
    Somebody suggested to revert back to the previous update of win 10 and i figured out how to do that and it fixed it. So the update that is supposed to improve my pc actually broke it, it might of had a mishap while downloading.
    So thanks to the person who suggested that, cant remember who it was.
  17. David Brister

David Brister Team Driver

https://www.facebook.com/david.brister.73/videos/10158721453865788/

I just posted this video of the Chicane incident, i cant work these video progams well, need spideys touch. I think i caused it, after the slight touch with terry, i may have moved ever so slightly to the right, but enough into Rolz path as i didnt see him there, what ever the case, rubbing is racing, Sorry for blaming and causing it. that should do it, lol
    Rolz likes this.
  18. TheStig13

TheStig13 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    thestig-13
  19. Rolz

AMAZING work Stig!! :D
    loris P. and Cherno like this.
  20. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ