Season 7 - Division 3

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Mar 31, 2017.

1. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Well, sprint rounds never fail to put on a good show!

I was seriously struggling to find grip and get good lap times during the practice lobby so I was getting a bit worried about qualification. Quali came around and I had the same issue. I think my tyres finally came up to temp on lap 5 or 6 and I managed to set a decent time, finally snagging P1 from Anth. I retired to the pits to watch the timing board and couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the difference was only .007, huge thanks to Anth for making that such a close quali session.
    I got a great start off the line for race 1 and headed for the first corner. Anth got a pretty average start and I could see him get swamped by Bounty. We had a nice little train for the first couple of laps but then then myself, Bounty, and Anth started to pull away from the rest of the cars. Those two spent up until about lap 7 only 1.5 seconds off my tail but after that I think their battle for P2 allowed me to pull away to about a 5 or 6 second gap. At some point I noticed that Anth had gotten past Bounty and was now in P2 chasing me. The gap grew smaller as the laps went by. I had a very hairy moment at the chicane when trying to make my way around a lapped car, I'm not sure what he was doing but we came together which forced me across the dirt. Luckily I didn't spin but I thought I'd get a 5 second penalty, I was lucky and it never came. Nevertheless this cost me bulk time and Anth was now only 3 seconds behind me. Another close call at the same spot with another lapped car on the next lap had my heart racing but I managed to get through untouched. I spent the last few laps just trying to stay consistent and watching that gap to Anth. Congrats to @Anthonyb and @Bounty05 on rounding up the podium with me for the first race, and well done to Anth on a great fastest lap.

The first lap of the second race was pretty chaotic! Turn 1 saw a couple of cars go off the track but I got through cleanly. I passed a few cars there and proceeded through the downhill section with Anth very close, we were side by side through turn 4 but he had the inside line into turn 5 so I backed off a little and let him through there. More cars came off the track through the remaining corners of the first lap. On the little straight leading to the final corner Slap suddenly veered right to get around a car and shoved me onto the grass, I recovered well though and by the time we reached turn 1 of the second lap I only had Metalsteel and Slap ahead of me, with Anth following closely behind. Slap got passed Metal by turn 2 of lap 3 and I tucked in behind Metal until he had an off coming out of turn 7. I got to work chasing down Slap, sitting about a second behind him until he outbraked himself coming into turn 8 on lap 4 and I managed to pass him coming into the back straight. Him and Anth were following pretty close behind at first but their battle was allowing me to pull away a bit. Slap was leading Anth for quite a while but then I saw Anth in P2 for a lap or so until he made a little error and Slap got P2 back again. A few laps later Slap got a cut-track penalty at the chicane and Anth was back in P2 once again, I think it was then that Ranok3n snagged P3 too. Those top 3 positions didn't change for the rest of the race. Big congrats to @Anthonyb and @SuiCid3 on rounding out the podium with me in that second race.

Thanks to everyone who raced last night, it was great to see another almost full grid again. Bring on the enduro in Spain!

Here's a highlights reel:
    Last edited: May 15, 2017
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    The bonus points don't get calculated until the points for the two races is summed. then points for the placings are allotted and bonus points added. So dj2ca would get 26 points for the night and anthbark would get 21.
    dj2ca likes this.
  3. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Yes I knew we would only be getting the normal amount of points for a round win (25 + 1 and 20 + 1). I was just putting the bonus points for pole and fastest lap there so all of the information was in the standings. That was probably pretty silly though lol, I'll edit that post now.
    emmo46 likes this.
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @stucar17 have you got any space? @arnold watson isn't enjoying the rocket and already has project cars and would like to join you guys
    stucar17 and POPPINFRESH1234 like this.
  5. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Not any free space in this division but if he's the right pace for here we could add him as the 3rd reserve driver.

PS. The driver list in the OP isn't up to date, here's the actual driver list:

1. Ad2mny
    2. Anthbark
    3. Bluebounty05
    4. Colin-50_
    5. Daivd88
    6. Dev1lman_87
    7. dj2ca
    8. familiagtr
    9. maximuscatticus
    10. metalsteel
    11. mwkw1520
    12. NAACS
    13. ranok3n
    14. Shootshoooooooot
    15. slap-n--tickle
    16. webnomad
    Reserve 1: nathancarhead (out 23rd, 30th, 7th, 14th, 28th, 4th)
    Reserve 2: annelorriane
    Last edited: May 15, 2017
  6. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Look at that you have taken the time to put everyone in alphabetical order.
    dj2ca likes this.
  7. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    I've just been outed. I'm a huge nerd with a touch of OCD. Actual OCD, I'm not just saying that like "oh my god, I'm soooooo OCD" like some people do (you know, the kind that aren't close to having OCD, that kinda grinds my gears).
    stucar17, SPL Racing and Anthonyb like this.
  8. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I'm number 1 woooo!!
    Anthonyb and dj2ca like this.
  9. Anthonyb

So thats why you are mr consistent you need to be or you don't sleep at night
    SPL Racing likes this.
  10. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    :D:rolleyes::p:cool::laugh::thumbsup::x3:
  11. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Highlights are currently being created....stay tuned...
    Anthonyb likes this.
  12. Anthonyb

Well what a ball I had last night. If every race was like that I wouldn't care if I was last or first because it was clean fast racing.
    Race one after just missing pole well done @dj2ca by the bee's wisker I bogged it off the start and @bluebounty05 got the jump on me and dj just drove off. The 3 of us got a little bit of a gap on the rest of the pack and then slowly increased the gap. Bounty had good pace and a wide car and our battle let dj pull a bit of a gap I made a couple of moves that did stick and it was only bounty making a small mistake that let me through to try to chase down dj but it was all too late and dj finished 3 second ahead with bounty not far behind. Great race gents and ladies had a ball. Congrats dj on the win and bounty on rounding out the podium.

Race 2 was a bit tough with a bit of biff and barge on the first 2 laps and some how I found myself in 3rd behind @SLAPNTICKLE with yes you guessed it mr consistent @dj2ca in first. Slap and I battled for most of the race with his car being even wider than bountys and the battle let dj pull away to a 10sec gap again I was lucky enough to have slap make a mistake on the chicane letting me past but dj was too far up the road to catch so another second for me congrats again dj on the top step and well done @SuiCid3 on 3rd.
    Lets go to Spain and have another great race like that.
    See you on track
    Ant
    stucar17, Ad2mny, dj2ca and 1 other person like this.
  13. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Awesome race guys, well done to Dj and Ant, good clean racing. I had to work my butt of esp race 2, my apologies to Mick/Mike (sorry unsure) for magnetising us on the back chicane but I had a pretty good run on the inside and my brakes are working really well (finally).
    I only have Race 2 highlights at the moment, enjoy.

SPL Racing, Anthonyb and dj2ca like this.
  14. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Hey everyone, just letting you all know that webnomad won't be racing for the rest of the season so I've offered @annelorrianne a permanent spot in his place, she has accepted so will be joining us full time! Our updated driver list now looks like this:.

1. Ad2mny
    2. annewa
    3. Anthbark
    4. Bluebounty05
    5. Colin-50_
    6. Daivd88
    7. Dev1lman_87
    8. dj2ca
    9. familiagtr
    10. maximuscatticus
    11. metalsteel
    12. mwkw1520
    13. NAACS
    14. ranok3n
    15. Shootshoooooooot
    16. slap-n--tickle

Reserve: nathancarhead (out 23rd, 30th, 7th, 14th, 28th, 4th)
  15. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Telum, Anthonyb and dj2ca like this.
  16. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    I am 100% out for the rest of this season, uni assignments are starting to pile up.

Should be back for next season, although from some reports, by the time we get organised for the next season, AC may have private lobbies on PS4 which may be worth another go.
    Anthonyb and dj2ca like this.
  17. Anthonyb

Good luck for the rest of the season @annewa you have had good pace in the last 2 rounds
    annelorrianne and dj2ca like this.
  18. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Hey @Hatfield

Please see the posts just above, we still have a full grid but no reserves anymore so Arnold Watson could be our reserve driver for the remainder of the season (if his pace fits here).

Our once again revised driver list:

1. Ad2mny
    2. annewa
    3. Anthbark
    4. Bluebounty05
    5. Colin-50_
    6. Daivd88
    7. Dev1lman_87
    8. dj2ca
    9. familiagtr
    10. maximuscatticus
    11. metalsteel
    12. mwkw1520
    13. NAACS
    14. ranok3n
    15. Shootshoooooooot
    16. slap-n--tickle

Reserve: arnoldwa?
    Last edited: May 16, 2017
  19. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Did i see where @NAACS has also had to withdraw ?
  20. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    He couldn't race the last couple of rounds but never withdrew permanently.
    Last edited: May 17, 2017