Season II - F1 2016 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Jan 9, 2017.

1. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Running a bit late getting home from work. Should still have the room up on time but if Im a bit late dont panic.
  2. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES

@JonoStan96 just got the lap uploaded in time so you can sort what division I'm in :laugh:
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Div 1 for you, cheers
    RHINO11 likes this.
  4. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Zachery likes this.
  5. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Pretty much a reversal of safety car fortunes from last week, had already made my last stop for hards before it came out, was on the fence about diving in for another set of mediums but chose to stay out. I honestly don't know if it cost me a chance of winning, but with the field bunched up @Zachery made short work of the guys between us and on the better tire I had no defense.

Didn't help that when the SC came in the AI held me right back giving @ssman244 the jump on me on the restart. But overall I'm happy with another clean and patient race and to collect another 18 points.
    Hatfield, Zachery and JonoStan96 like this.
  6. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

At some point i am going to have a trouble free race.
    You may notice i had mediums selected for my tyre choice only to have softs put on. Costing an extra stop. Did enjoy the last few laps thou.
    Couldnt of asked for a better start on the hards, 1 stop could of worked.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  7. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

oldest gag in the book to slip on the banana
    Knuckles and JonoStan96 like this.
  8. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797

Was a shocking night for me. Stuffed the qualifying and the race was just a mess. Here's a few little highlights/incidences that contributed to my poor result
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  9. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Wow you were on fire at the end there!
    Knuckles likes this.
  10. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Despite the result that was a damn fun race.

I was on for a mid 20 until my lap was destroyed in traffic, wasn't happy to be lining up 5th, until I got the most perfect launch to lead into turn 1. It became clear it was just going to be a repeat of last season, as the draft is quite ridiculous on this track, making it impossible to pull away. I battled hard with Benny until he pitted on lap 6, the car still felt good so I kept going, until I saw my rear left was into the 70% range so I had no option but to pit.

The extra lap worked wonders, and to my shock no one repeated my winning strategy of last season, so I was cheering. Unfortunately I couldn't maximise my advantage as the slow traffic was not in any mood to waive us through. Seth became my main challenger and he inevitably passed me, only to be held up by Rhino. A failed pass let Benny pass both of us, and again Rhino slowed us all down with I'm guessing a very low downforce setup.

I got held up at the worst possible time which took me out of Seth's DRS, until they pitted on Lap 17, I was going to Lap 22/23 for mediums. Just like last season, the hards got better as the stint went on, and Benny wasn't closing much. All looked good for a final stint showdown until I came across @Kiefer Hopkins on lap 20, I have no idea what the hell he was doing but as you'll see it put me out on the spot.

Well done to Zachery on an out of nowhere victory, for anyone who is silly enough to rage quit on this game, let his win be a reminder to never give up.

I really enjoy trying new things on my videos and no prizes for guessing the theme of my clip this week. I've lost the championship lead but there's still a long way to go. I guess I'm shaken, not stirred? Forget it. :roflmao:

razor4797 and Zachery like this.
  11. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Oh and I win coolest video thumbnail, no question about it! :p
    razor4797 and Zachery like this.
  12. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    No I wasn't running low downforce.....I was just on worn tyres, didn't pit until lap 14, nearly worked as well. SC came out just as I was about to switch to softs for my 2nd stop
  13. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Not real happy with my race. Pretty lazy, made a few errors. But made it to the end.

Gained about 5 or so positions in the first lap chaos. Then subsequently lost them all on the second lap trying to change settings and ending up off track. Oh well, it's done with now. Think I might need to start studying up on pit strategies as well, because I don't have much of an idea what I'm doing there. Ended up stuck between 3rd and 4th under the safety car again, annoyingly.

Here's qualifying. Got nice and close to Micks time, but just couldn't beat him.

And here's the race:

JonoStan96 likes this.
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Sorry @Nigel Burley for our incident.

He was gaining on the main straight and I was watching, waiting to make the defensive move over to the right.
    When I did so, it seemed nige was already committed to do the same and as I was moving I saw too late his front end and our coming together pitched me into the wall :(

oh well on to next week
  15. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  16. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Last night was the first time I've been competitive on pace as well as pit strategy. Qualifying lap was good, it was really close in the midfield. Just a shame I got caught in some first lap dramas.
  17. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    How did we end up with debris and a car spinning into the wall before we even braked for turn 1 :laugh:
  18. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    BOY OH BOY OH BOY What a rollercoaster of emotion!

Qualy -

I was planning on doing qualy on the mids, and going for a 1 stopper M/H. Went out early and secure myself a 3rd row start on the Mids. Sitting there watching the times pop up throughout the session, i was 100% i could put on softs and snag pole. i hummed and harred for a minute or so and decided that putting it on pole would be worth more than trying for a 1 stopper (knowing a safety car would ruin the whole point of the strategy) Went out, got a clean fast lap, and there ya go. Pole position Baby! I knew i was quick here so i was happy with that.

Race -

Sitting on the grid in P1, my heart was racing! (not helped by the delay of start trying to wait for motors to try and reconnect)
    Lights go out, and i bogged my start so hard, along with a terrible reaction time when the lights went out, and BAM! I was in the wall less than 100m from the start! OMFG WTF Im over this already! No, i wont give up this time. I was so angry, and used that fire to put my head down and set continuous fastest laps catching the field.

spent the first 2 stints Chasing my absolute heart out. I Started the race intending to go S/H/M but with my incident i decided to go for mids on the second stint, hoping to catch the field a bit more before my final stint. After my first stint i realised that my tyre wear was very good, even though i was pushing like a mad man. fought my way up to around 5th by lap 20ish.

Once the safety car came out after @JonoStan96s accident, i knew i could make it to the end on the mids, so in i went to grab rubber. I must admit, i thought i had it in the bag after that happened. i knew i was the fastest in the field by a bit, and that i could push fastest laps out and still make the end no worries. Once the SC went in i made light work of the guys between myself and @ssman244, But SSman made me work for his position. there were a couple of lag spikes when i was chasing him, so when the opportunity came to get by after the first DRS zone, i had to take it. my worry was that if i was close behind when a lag spike happened, it would end my race. I was a bit pushy in the pass, but made it stick without either of us being span.

Then i had about 4 laps to get up on @its-benny-racer and make a pass before the race was to end. With him being on the Hards, i knew that i would have an edge through sector 2 and 3, to get on his arse for the pass on pit straight. i made it stick with 2 laps to go, and then got out of DRS range to cruise to the finish.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner! I was Mega pumped, to say the least!. After putting it on pole in 2 of the last 3 weeks, and then coming undone by stupid errors (Jumping at Canada, then Running a 2-2 Aero at Monaco) I was determined to convert my pace into a race win. I went from Pumped in qualy, to shattered after i was spun, to pumped again after the race.

Congratz to @its-benny-racer & @ssman244 on the other podium positions. Onto Silverstone next week, which is another track where i think i have the pace to be at the top again, barring any terrible luck!
    Last edited: May 19, 2017
  19. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    yeah i bogged my start, and then fell victim to some contact between Jono and Seth, throwing seth into me, and me into the wall. Not happy would be a massive understatement, but all is forgotten once my recovery was completed.
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  20. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

thanx for the apology, i was mighty surprised not to be given racing room once i was alongside
    JonoStan96 likes this.