On the track

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by OuttaAngst, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny

Not particularly fast, but still having a blast!
  2. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Part 2...

stucar17, garyw61 and dj2ca like this.
  3. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    Does your husband ride too?
    Ad2mny and Zachery like this.
  4. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Why, you looking for someone to snuggle?
  5. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    No ! Well maybe .
    Everyone was overtaking you just like div 4 !
  6. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Yep felt right at home lol.
    Killercarlcox69 likes this.
  7. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
  8. Mad94d

Mad94d Madison Down

PSN ID
    mad94d
    I know @KoAStR already replied but @skywalker it was the simplest of things ever... A spark plug lead came off... So basically it dropped a cylinder and had no power. Was incredibly disappointing, was running in 12th/13th at the time and making heaps of ground on cars in front of me, probably would have finished 11th or 12th in that race. Instead DNF and had to start Sunday's races from 39th or something. Would could have been hey!
  9. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    A call out to Brisbane/Gold Coast locals. Saturday 29th of April, 8am - 12pm, Mt Cotton skid pan. BYO or hire car options available. If you are keen PM me and I'll forward all the details.
  10. Pringles_947

Pringles_947 Team Driver Gold Member

In a couple of weeks on the 26th-28th of May myself and @RHINO11 will be racing at the Sodi World Series World Finals. This is an invitational hire kart race which goes for 12 hours held at the RKC kart track just outside of Paris. We are competing in separate teams which have both been invited due to our rankings at our local kart track, Xtreme Karting on the Gold Coast. This is a cool opportunity to have a break from studying and have a fun little holiday in Europe with our teams whilst experiencing how the hire karting is done by the best teams in Europe. My team Profile Autosports, which ranked #1 in Australia, is targeting a top 20 result in the race out of a 40+ sized grid, I'm hoping for a little better though :roflmao:. I believe that there will be live timing which I will post a link to if anyone wants to keep track of our progress during the race. There is also a "Fan Boost" type event to improve the qualifying positions of the highest voted teams, so I will also be sharing how to vote for us to see if we can get a bit of an edge :D.

There is a neat little write up with a couple of pictures, @tezpez85 also makes an appearance, thanks to one of the other guys heading over from our track.
    http://www.kartsportnews.com/c17/news_170513-2.html
    http://www.sodiwseries.com/en-gb/sodi-world-finals/2017-paris-9/presentation.html
    tezpez85, Cherno, skywalker and 8 others like this.
  11. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Well done lads, give 'em hell. Are you guys doing any fund raising Tyler??
  12. Pringles_947

My teams fundraising plans didn't end up going through unfortunately. I'm happy to worry about paying off the trip after I get back :rolleyes:. I know that @RHINO11 is raising money through his gofundme page https://www.gofundme.com/ryan-jones-sodi-world-series-2017
  13. Pringles_947

The event has started and goes for a week. You can vote for any team by pressing the "like" button on the team's photo. Both mine and @RHINO11's team is on the top of the list! I am part of Profile Autosports, Rhino is part of the 1788 Kangaroos. Feel free to share the page around :)
    https://www.facebook.com/pg/sodiwseries/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1350540715023663
  14. Pringles_947

t_b_williams and Anon666 like this.
  15. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    How are you boys? Can you still feel your legs and bums after all those laps. It looks like both teams finished down the order a bit, but I'm sure you have some stories to tell.
  16. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Owwwwwwwwwwwwwww :laugh: I'll let @Pringles_947 tell the story of how we got our asses handed to us by a field consisting of 6 World Karting Championships and an ex F1 test driver..... ;)
  17. Pringles_947

The competition was definitely a lot higher than I expected! It was a great event though. The track was fun with some cool undulation, big kerbs that were okay to hit, and some that wanted to spit you straight off the track. It felt like my leg snapped in half when I ran wide and my knee smashed against the fuel tank, but because it was the end of an 80 minute stint in the kart I think I over reacted. My main hurdle I had to overcome was the 25kg ballast I had to carry due to my weight. Every driver had to carry ballast to weigh around 80kg up to a maximum of 25kg. I weigh around 55kg so in this race I had the disadvantage. The extra weights were needed to be transferred to a new kart during our mandatory 2 minute driver changes, which we did not take into account on our first driver change which meant we wasted about 50secs extra in our first stop. When I first got out on the track during the race I had only had 10 mins of practise in the daylight, a few hours earlier, so it took a little bit of adjusting much lower visibility and remembering the track. The karts were equipped with little headlights which made it easier to see if someone was close behind you, unless they had turned theirs off. The theory my team came up with was that they must drain some of the karts power, so I got the radio call to switch them off. During the race my team chipped away putting in consistent laps with very few mistakes to finish 17 laps off the leaders :alien: and 38th place overall. Although this is not the result we were looking for, I am not disappointed, the level of competition was extremely high this year, as rhino said, but also only one team was given a penalty all race, which is far different from previous years. This was definitely not an endurance race, but a really long sprint race.
    Anon666 and SPL Racing like this.
  18. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666

Went to a Paul Stokell run track day at the Driver Training Centre track behind Lakeside. Super tight track and a heap of fun. Got to flog the old Focus mercilessly. There were a pair Focus RS' there and they are mental cars, so fast and grippy. An R8, Mustang, Megane RS, SS Commie and a few classics. Great fun, clocked a 53.47 as my fastest time and trailed only the Focus RS's who were in the 49's. The pro driver got the R8 around in 48.xx but I'm pretty sure the owner did a 53.6x as his quickest time. I was desperate to get into the 52's but there was intermittant showers and one good window for grip where I stuffed the last few corners and finished a tenth off my PB - so there is a 52 in the old girl for sure.

The sound on the vid is shot as there was a bike event happening on the main track all day...never though I'd say I never want to hear another motorbike engine at full beans, but it was constant.
    garyw61, Pringles_947 and JonoStan96 like this.
  19. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
  20. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Had my first run in my excel race car on Wednesday at Queensland Raceway, very consistent day with all of my flying laps within a second of each other with a best time of 1:07.98 around the clubman circuit.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    very good time considering the age of the tyres and no real idea about what the setup was like on the car, started the day off with a trip to the dyno to extract as much power out of it as possible. it went from 73hp and about 120nm of torque to 80.8HP with 173nm of torque.

sorry about the quality my dad recorded it on his phone and not mine.

I was jumping on the brakes just as the pit entry merged to the track at about 175km/h and taking turn 1 on apex at 150km/h, fighting the back end from sliding out remembering to keep on the power aimed up for turn 2 which is taken at about 140, shifting down to 2nd for the "dipper" throw it in and use the downward slope to gain as much speed for the flat out turns 4 and 5.

as i go through 4 and 5 at 120k the left front wheel is bouncing off the ground causing it to hit the rev limiter a few times, but I keep it planted coming out of 5 reach speeds of 165 again before jumping on the brakes 20m before the short cut from turn 3, shift down to 3rd turn, throw it in from 100km/h and try to get as smooth as run as possible back onto the front straight.

although this car doesn't have much power it is able to give a few car like Toyota 86's and Commodore SS Utes a run for there money.

early next year i will be running in the Track Attack Keema Cup Excel series which runs around Queensland Raceway and Lakeside raceway, but will will be making a few modifications to this car to make it CAMS certified and hopefully participate in events Australia wide which may include at the Bathurst 6 Hour in 2019.
    will be working on a few new things such as new tyres, new clutch and some other stuff before the next run.
    also will be stripping the sticker kit it has now and running something different.
    here is an idea i had from our iRacing Supercars
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2017