Season 7 - Division 3

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Mar 31, 2017.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ahhh, ok...all good then.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  3. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    SUPERCARS WORLD TOUR.

Round 5 : 21/5

Catalunya SPAIN- ENDURO 24 HR -
    50 laps - 6/7/17 - Race start @4pm
    X15 time progression.
    Weather slots : Clear, Light cloud, light fog, clear
    Based on 1.6L av fuel will need 80L total.....drivers add 40L over race distance

[​IMG]

TRACK LIMITS : As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. We all make a mistake or 2, but if you are caught "continually and obviously" running outside the track limits to gain advantage you will be penalized by the stewards group. Track is pretty straight forward guys, testing track limits will see you pinged with an in game penalty. The only place i have seen where this may be pushed was the final chicane. BE WARNED....IF YOU CONTINUALLY EXCEED TRACK LIMITS EXPECT A PENALTY.

CONTACT : IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front, and gain an advantage you MUST REDRESS and give the place back. Failure to do so could result in a penalty from the stewards group. We have seen a few examples last season of contact to the rear of another car, pushing them off track. This is the classic redress situation. PLEASE REDRESS IF YOU DO THIS TO AVOID A PENALTY.

PASSING : Can be tough to pass here. When a car pulls along side you are EXPECTED to give racing room. Contact in being aggressive trying to defend will be looked at, better to give room and continue the fight.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Don't need to be a rocket scientist to know that you can't win the race in the first corner, but you sure as hell can lose it for yourself and / or ruin another drivers races by either being too aggressive OR too defensive into T1. Stay in your lane till the grid shakes out by turns 2 and 3. ........please get through there cleanly ! Use your brains here lads and give room to those around you. Back half of the grid need to brake a little earlier and not cause chaos with kamikazee passes into 1.

COMPULSORY PITSTOP : All drivers must make a compulsory pitstop. Pit lane is open from LAP 1. All drivers will have to make sure their pit strat is sorted for each round, and make the decision of wanting to take the soft / hard or a mix of the 2 at their pitstop. We have found in the past that having multiple strategies can cause issues, so i would recommend you delete all except for the falcon one (even default).

FUEL :
    ALL BASED ON 1.6L per lap...You will need to add 'approx' 80L to finish the race. REMEMBER your pit strat fuel bar is what the pit crew will fuel UP TO. If you are unsure of fuel use i would recommend on guessing an average of 1.7L per lap.

STRATEGIES : To be honest, i havent done a lot of laps here to try different strategies, if you are buggered as to what to do (given most guys are talking in team chats) send me a PM and will give you something easy to follow.

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : Both are reasonably straightforward, however DO NOT swerve across the front of other cars on entry. Drivers should remain right on the exit of the last corner for a clean entry into pit lane. Be aware of those around you when making your entry to avoid a Lowndes / Rullo incident ;)
    On EXIT, drivers should be aware of fast drivers approaching. The exit line is long, so you should stay as far right as possible into T1 if there is traffic approaching, once up to speed then all should be good to resume racing by the time you reach the exit of 2.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. With the 2 classes there is slightly more chance of blue flags coming into play, so you should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty. For cars making the pass (leaders), you still have a responsibility to avoid contact with slower traffic

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will again be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until 12PM monday night to submit a protest, and 12PM Tuesday night for your evidence to be submitted (ie video).

http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

NOTE : We will be tweaking the penalties / penalty table a little this season, to give a little more wriggle room with how the penalties are handed out, and for the severity of the 'infringement'. This is still a work in progress however and may not be finalized before round 1.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY ! : Please remember to save your replay after the race. If you want to protest anything, we can only act on the info we have in front of us, failure to do so will not enable us to view things from your game perspective, and with some of the issues we have seen, this could have a massive influence on how the stewards group will view and rule on any incident.
    Ford69xw, Anthonyb and dj2ca like this.
  4. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Do we have anyone who can't race tomorrow night?
  5. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Everyone that is racing needs to make sure they know how to or set a button to turn lights on for this weeks enduro
  6. Anthonyb

Looks like it will be a good battle for the other 2 steps of the podium people's
    dj2ca likes this.
  7. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    Lights come on automatic
  8. Anthonyb

I didn't think they did if you start in the day
  9. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    Mine have been coming on just before it gets dark
  10. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    I've never had that happen. That might just be because I possibly turn them on before the game thinks I need them on.
  11. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Yeah, looks like there are five people in the hunt!
    Anthonyb likes this.
  12. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Going to be a very long & tough race this week, the first lap will be critical and everybody needs to be patient till we sort ourselves out.
    dj2ca and Anthonyb like this.
  13. Anthonyb

Yeah I always turn mine on early
  14. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    I reckon nursing the LHF tyre will play a big part in this race, once it gets too hot and loses grip it's very hard to cool it down then regain that cornering confidence again.
  15. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Yeah you've got to make sure you brake early enough so you're not pushing too hard on that one.
  16. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Any tips on strategy?
    How many laps are we looking at on softs/hards? What's the time difference between the two?
    I'm assuming it'll be a 2 stopper at least?
    Hoping to get some kind of idea so I don't have to jump on blind tomorrow night...
  17. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    You'll have to do at least two stops tomorrow night. Try to push the soft tyres until the end of lap 10 (or further if you can), it'll be touch and go though. From there you can put hards on the front and try to do two 20 lap stints by pitting at the end of lap 30 and then seeing the next set through to the end of the race. Not everyone is going to be able to make the tyres last 20 laps though, which would mean three stops. Fuel burn will probably be somewhere between 1.6 and 1.7 litres per lap.
    Ford69xw, TheJuzzy and SuiCid3 like this.
  18. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Thanks mate. Much appreciated
  19. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Any time.
  20. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    I'll be on tomorrow morning, bout 10 or 11 for some more practice.
    I did a run today with AI at 100%. It's going to be an interesting race .