Season 7 - Division 1

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Mar 31, 2017.

1. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Welcome to Barcelona week. 33 laps in a 2016 F1 car on Thursday night, then 50 in the V8 on Sunday night. It would be nice to think that 1 will be good practice for the other, but if I try taking turn 3 almost flat out on Sunday night it's going to end badly.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    hey guys.....sorry been absent and missed last weekend, just smashed at work and a few other things going on...

Should be back this week for the enduro....
    TheJuzzy, Coojak3009 and dj2ca like this.
  3. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Who got the race results?
  4. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Jason normally has them when I can't get them.
  5. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Yeah I will try upload tonight
  6. jasondull1986

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pole and Fastest Lap - RHINO
    TheJuzzy and RHINO11 like this.
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  8. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    yea
  9. jasondull1986

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Pretty sure he retired to the pits first
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    SUPERCARS WORLD TOUR.

Round 5 : 21/5

Catalunya SPAIN- ENDURO 24 HR -
    50 laps - 6/7/17 - Race start @4pm
    X15 time progression.
    Weather slots : Clear, Light cloud, light fog, clear
    Based on 1.6L av fuel will need 80L total.....drivers add 40L over race distance

[​IMG]

TRACK LIMITS : As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. We all make a mistake or 2, but if you are caught "continually and obviously" running outside the track limits to gain advantage you will be penalized by the stewards group. Track is pretty straight forward guys, testing track limits will see you pinged with an in game penalty. The only place i have seen where this may be pushed was the final chicane. BE WARNED....IF YOU CONTINUALLY EXCEED TRACK LIMITS EXPECT A PENALTY.

CONTACT : IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front, and gain an advantage you MUST REDRESS and give the place back. Failure to do so could result in a penalty from the stewards group. We have seen a few examples last season of contact to the rear of another car, pushing them off track. This is the classic redress situation. PLEASE REDRESS IF YOU DO THIS TO AVOID A PENALTY.

PASSING : Can be tough to pass here. When a car pulls along side you are EXPECTED to give racing room. Contact in being aggressive trying to defend will be looked at, better to give room and continue the fight.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Don't need to be a rocket scientist to know that you can't win the race in the first corner, but you sure as hell can lose it for yourself and / or ruin another drivers races by either being too aggressive OR too defensive into T1. Stay in your lane till the grid shakes out by turns 2 and 3. ........please get through there cleanly ! Use your brains here lads and give room to those around you. Back half of the grid need to brake a little earlier and not cause chaos with kamikazee passes into 1.

COMPULSORY PITSTOP : All drivers must make a compulsory pitstop. Pit lane is open from LAP 1. All drivers will have to make sure their pit strat is sorted for each round, and make the decision of wanting to take the soft / hard or a mix of the 2 at their pitstop. We have found in the past that having multiple strategies can cause issues, so i would recommend you delete all except for the falcon one (even default).

FUEL :
    ALL BASED ON 1.6L per lap...You will need to add 'approx' 80L to finish the race. REMEMBER your pit strat fuel bar is what the pit crew will fuel UP TO. If you are unsure of fuel use i would recommend on guessing an average of 1.7L per lap.

STRATEGIES : To be honest, i havent done a lot of laps here to try different strategies, if you are buggered as to what to do (given most guys are talking in team chats) send me a PM and will give you something easy to follow.

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : Both are reasonably straightforward, however DO NOT swerve across the front of other cars on entry. Drivers should remain right on the exit of the last corner for a clean entry into pit lane. Be aware of those around you when making your entry to avoid a Lowndes / Rullo incident ;)
    On EXIT, drivers should be aware of fast drivers approaching. The exit line is long, so you should stay as far right as possible into T1 if there is traffic approaching, once up to speed then all should be good to resume racing by the time you reach the exit of 2.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. With the 2 classes there is slightly more chance of blue flags coming into play, so you should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty. For cars making the pass (leaders), you still have a responsibility to avoid contact with slower traffic

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will again be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until 12PM monday night to submit a protest, and 12PM Tuesday night for your evidence to be submitted (ie video).

http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

NOTE : We will be tweaking the penalties / penalty table a little this season, to give a little more wriggle room with how the penalties are handed out, and for the severity of the 'infringement'. This is still a work in progress however and may not be finalized before round 1.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY ! : Please remember to save your replay after the race. If you want to protest anything, we can only act on the info we have in front of us, failure to do so will not enable us to view things from your game perspective, and with some of the issues we have seen, this could have a massive influence on how the stewards group will view and rule on any incident.
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    @seth123 are you still interested in being a sub ?
    seth123 likes this.
  13. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    Hey there you lot , I did a test run today with AI car's turned up to 100 % difficulty . Looks like we'll be getting about 12-13 laps out of a set of softs . then ran to lap 30 for the next stop (may be able to get to lap 32 for second stop) . Came home in the high 1:48's with not much left on the left front and the rear's (hard front's soft rear's) . I set fuel to fill to 40L and at the end I had 9L left . Oh and I beat the AI's home .
    It's going to be a tough race with the car changing through out the race , it gets very slippery in the dark then worse when the sun comes up in the fog , so be ready for the change .
    I'm looking forward to this .
    PS.
    A 1:46.4 was my best time in qualifying , and a 1:46.8 during the race , I did that mid race .
    Last edited: May 20, 2017
  14. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Yah, will there be room tonight ?
    stucar17 likes this.
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Actually not sure ! Will send request if someone doesn't show.
  16. Toranafan-02

Toranafan-02 Team Driver

PSN ID
    SIR_Tyson_02 PS4. deadman024 PS3.
    Race report: well I qualified about 9 spots better then expect (6th) and was surprised to be keeping up with the top 5 until a lag car put me on my roof. Shout out to I think it was slambo for flipping me back over. Then I managed to lead a lap and eventually finished p7 right behind kart with some good battles along the way
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  17. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Well...
    I qualified 12 spots ahead of expectation after no practice....then :):):):) myself when I realised i was in 5th and had to race other cars on track :laugh: Luckily I kept it clean(ish) and started to put pressure on @Coojak3009 for the lead as night time took hold of the track. A few mistakes from him saw me into the lead where knbasically just tried to cover off the guys around me who I knew were doing 3 stoppers. Then somehow the most inconsistent driver in all of ROOZ managed to drive relatively mistake free for 50 laps to claim the win :)
    Congrats to @Slambobagan and uhhhh I think @jasondull1986 on rounding out the podium
    Shout out to my new found Crew Chief ;) @stucar17
  18. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Result to forget for me. Started 5th after getting only 1 lap out in quali.
    Got 4th off the line, then 3rd once Slambo had a spin. Kept in touch with the leaders but lost a spot to Rhino somewhere in there after the pitstop.
    I then had a spin in the night and lost out to Poppin and JasonD. Managed to get past Jason, (and SPL) and was right on Poppin and decided to do the undercut on lap 28. I put my arranged 34ltrs I and set off.
    The undercut worked and I put out consistent mid 45s lap after lap, and after everybody who was on a 3 stopper putter and I found myself in 2nd 18secs off Rhino!.
    I kept going in the high 45secs and after 7 laps the gap was down to 8 secs.
    I then looked down on lap 46 and seen I only had 4 ltrs left! I thought about pitting but it would take to long, so I just cruised around falling back to 10th and ran out of fuel about 100mtrs off the line and just coasted to the finish....
    Well done podium
    Anthonyb and SPL Racing like this.
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Apologies guys, is only about the second time I have ever parked up in a race, but got the rough end when I hit blindman before turn 1. He waited for me but I let him go ahead given how slow I was compared to the field. Lap 2 or 3 I came across a pack and was lagged off track so by lap 4 was about 25 seconds behind.
  20. jasondull1986

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    That was such a great race wish we had more endurance racing with mixed strategy's.

Qualifying was a Pb for me but still only good enough to be P9. Race start I got away extremely well and after the first couple of corners I was in p6. I was fending off spl when though the final corner the 2 cars in front flew into the air. I got hit with some sort of shockwave and spl spun. I gathered it up better than the others though to slot in with juzzy and Poppin. I was planning to go to lap 14 so I spent the remaining laps lookuafter the fl.

Night time came and I left the pits side by side with Poppin but he got through t1 ahead. I don't really remember to much of my middle stint but it was all about stretching my softs for 18 laps. At so point ao ended up behind me and we fought for about 5 laps till I ran wide in the last sector. I had managed to close up Poppin after it and when he pitted on lap 31 I was on his bumper. II then pitted on lap 32 But the boys threaded the nut on the wheel gun.

My pit stop put be 6 secs behind Poppin but annoyingly side by side with juzzy into turn one where I just managed to hold the position. From there I had the most intense battle I've had I reckon it was ten laps of just being hounded and every lap I just couldn't shake him. I had the advantage in sector 1 but he was killing me in sector 2. The battle saw us have a few corners running side by side. One after the back straight juzzy got up the inside but I had the better traction and cut across him into the next corner.

Not to sure what happened after 10 laps but juzzy had lost about 1.8 secs and I was able to hold it. My tyres this time where completely ruined as I had to push so much to hold off juzzy. 5 laps left and I was p4 with slambo closing in like a rocket. Poppin spun ahead and I was running p3 . Once slambo had closed I knew I couldn't fight him but being p3 I didn't make it easy. I held him off for 2 laps but as he got a better exit out of 5 we ran side by side to 6 but I knew better than to try run through there together and lifted.

We got to the main straight and I saw ao letting slambo through and thought he had lifted for him to pass and I closed to be on his bumper for t1 and got the power down around t3 and was pumped to be p3 also realized pretty quick ao had an issue and made sure I kept it clean. Last lap was a massive handful as all tyres were gone on the gauges and finished 1 sec ahead of Poppin for a podium.